Yellow | "Right-to-Work provides no 'rights' and no 'work'

Paid dues for 28 yrs.
I used to be proud to work for this company and be a member. But now I am embarrassed by it and them.
I hate the way the place is run... By idiots... They won't listen to anyone..... I work the dock.... Supers shut doors and blame the damage on the rear of the trlr at the destination on stackers ... Just an example.
Nope... I hate the place but don't tell me to work somewhere else. We know we are stuck there. No one will hire a 59 yr old fracked up man when they can get two 20 yr Olds at the same price.
Here till death!
No future.
Thank you YRC
Thank you Teamsters.

Last edited:
The contracts are not negotiated from a position of strength.
When companys are experiencing financial difficulties, such as YRC, It is very hard to "negotiate from a position of strength" Just maintaining what is already under contract is going to be hard enough and it is probably the best "deal" going these days... factor in weak economic growth along with it and what was once known as a "strong contract" isn't an outcome that can be expected and concessions are a likely result, such as has already taken place.... When you have a strong economy and soaring profits then it's "easy" to get a good contract....When you have a weak economy and nonexistent profits then concessions are likely... It's just the way the cycle works.. What happens at YRC when the current contract expires will largely depend on the strength of the Company and the strength of the economy at that time....

I remember when the State of Oklahoma was mulling the prospect of a right to work law.Walmart was a big pusher and some newspaper company also.Alot of citizens of Oklahoma were for it.More jobs and stuff.Well I have talked to a great many of those that voted for it.They ain't liking so much now.Most people were let go of their jobs and illegal immigrants were hired in their stead.

I remember when the State of Oklahoma was mulling the prospect of a right to work law.Walmart was a big pusher and some newspaper company also.Alot of citizens of Oklahoma were for it.More jobs and stuff.Well I have talked to a great many of those that voted for it.They ain't liking so much now.Most people were let go of their jobs and illegal immigrants were hired in their stead.

This sure isn't helping...

More than 957,000 immigrants who crossed the U.S. border illegally have received work permits since Barack Obama became president, a shocking report revealed on Monday.

The Center for Immigration Studies uncovered documents through a Freedom of Information Act request, showing that more than 5.5 million new work permits were issued to aliens overall from 2009 to 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-s-presidency-shocking-documents-reveal.html

Most people don't know what right to work means in most cases. Had one person outside the union said it means it gives me more opportunities to work.... Really???? Told him that "right to work means right to work for less". RTWFL should be the real title and would wake up the people who don't take the time to investigate things.:usa:

Louie is right in that most don't know what it means. In my Indiana it means you can't leave the Union if a current contract exists. In yrc case that's 2019 at the earliest. So no one has left, no one has been victimized, and it's pretty much just hype....