FedEx Freight | Road Tractors

esooggoose said:
heres one u guys wont beleive i have a red international with less than 400k on it and it runs great and it has air and everything R6225:ranting2:

I had a great red Volvo, R6317 and they installed Vorad in it after I got out of it! I'm still getting foot cramps from that truck!:ranting2:

Seriously I did like that truck,

roog

esooggoose said:
heres one u guys wont beleive i have a red international with less than 400k on it and it runs great and it has air and everything R6225:ranting2:

I thought you were going to sales

esooggoose said:

Welcome to the boards esooggoose.
That must be one of the last Internationals we bought for the road.

Smokestack

Smokestack said:
Welcome to the boards esooggoose.
That must be one of the last Internationals we bought for the road.

Smokestack

I wish you were right smoke. I have an 05 international road unit.:red_bandana:

I love mine in my 05 Volvo VNM, although I liked the Meritor 12 speed auto I had in my KW better, it had a neat little joystick shifter mounted to the seat and could fold down.

rooog

R3794-- 1 million 86452, that"s as of this morning 8-5-06,been told it:s goin but dont know when.

CORNBINDER said:
R3794-- 1 million 86452, that"s as of this morning 8-5-06,been told it:s goin but dont know when.

:biglaugh: It is going to be replaced by a low 4000 series tractor so you can say you have a newer tractor :biglaugh:

Hey, my old 3700 series only has 557K.. Its never let me down yet. Its the slowest we have here, but I love it !!! As long as he gets me home,,, I'm a happy camper...

Fish said:
You know you love that auto shift just like the rest of us

I noticed all the new tractors I ahve looked at in Pos are sticks no autos ,I wonder if someone figured out what they really are If anyone wants to know the names I have for mine just let me know I will tell ya :joke:

I think road units are 800k saw a posting up about them "selling" our units to Watkins and I think thats what it said.

Why are all of our new city units just old road tractors? Seems like the boys on the top are skimming the profits, when they should be buying new trucks. PS we also got a couple of new forklifts with 15000 hours on the clock?????????????

My ccm told me that they are going to dedicate most new equipment, (tractors) to watkins to get the rebrand looking good, then start moving new stuff to Fedex later, also, they will move old road units into the city instead of buying city trucks. Instead of getting rid of the road units as they used to do after a certain point. In Houston I saw about 8 or 9 good looking old road tractors in a used truck lot, made me want to go get one, instead of turning them loose, we have a couple of 43 series Volvos here that are darn good trucks, CCM said he was supposed to get 2 more from New Orleans, but they are keeping them for now, because theyre business is coming back after the storm and they need them,......dang!

Watkins

fastmover said:
I think road units are 800k saw a posting up about them "selling" our units to Watkins and I think thats what it said.
We ahve a contract with them to repaint our old red volvo's and send them over to there facilities. I go to indy everyday and saw one of the trucks and asked.

gman said:
Why are all of our new city units just old road tractors? Seems like the boys on the top are skimming the profits, when they should be buying new trucks. PS we also got a couple of new forklifts with 15000 hours on the clock?????????????
Are you out of end of the line term. or hub? From what I heard is that the hubs will get new equipment because they run the crap out it and when forklifts and road units get to a certain miles or hours they would be ahnded down to end of the line facilities. So say like in Toledo we are getting new forks and new trucks and so far I know that three kenworths have gone to Mi. with about 400,000 on them but I haven't kept up with forks

All centers are created equal, drivers,dock and office. We are all doing the same type of work, so we should all share the new equipment. Tell a guy unloading the inbound that the hub needs the new equipment more, just doesn't seem fair.
Why would rebranding national ltl have anything to do with freight purchasing new tractors? Are we actually just one company?