Yellow | Rolling stock auction postponed

Real Teamster

TB Veteran
Credits
Just saw this on the Epiq website and got a ping on my phone about it. The rolling stock auction that was originally ending at 17:00EDT today has been postponed. No explanation, no revised date as of yet. Could be a "don't have their ducks in a row" deal, or it could be a trick up their very long sleeve. Keep watch, y'all

Just saw this on the Epiq website and got a ping on my phone about it. The rolling stock auction that was originally ending at 17:00EDT today has been postponed. No explanation, no revised date as of yet. Could be a "don't have their ducks in a row" deal, or it could be a trick up their very long sleeve. Keep watch, y'all
This was Yellow when in the last 15 years did they ever have their ducks lined up?

There should be not doubt about the fleet condition. I am sure you have been able to maintain the entire fleet by yourself. Supervision probably told you to spare no expense to keep up the fleet.
We spent big money on Freightliner one boxes and engine swings on 2015 Volvo P&D units up til the last couple months, but would park older tractors that needed fan clutches or hi/lo syncros, I had a 07 VN parked that needed a compressor................

We spent big money on Freightliner one boxes and engine swings on 2015 Volvo P&D units up til the last couple months, but would park older tractors that needed fan clutches or hi/lo syncros, I had a 07 VN parked that needed a compressor................
I have seen other freight lines that were going out of business park equipment instead of spending. That was after temporary 'Patches' would no longer keep them moving. Maintenance had also been stopped to squeeze a few more dollars out of the equipment. I admit I have pulled engines down late in the trade/sell cycle & 'One holed' with a single cylinder kit. On more than one ocassion I have replaced liners & reused pistons.

I have seen other freight lines that were going out of business park equipment instead of spending. That was after temporary 'Patches' would no longer keep them moving. Maintenance had also been stopped to squeeze a few more dollars out of the equipment. I admit I have pulled engines down late in the trade/sell cycle & 'One holed' with a single cylinder kit. On more than one ocassion I have replaced liners & reused pistons.
I remember the old days after Great Southern, Ryder would swap cells out of old 6V batteries.
Bore just one egg-shaped liner .010 over in the old 673 and put her back together.
Times were hard and money was short.
I've seen my dad regrind one connecting rod journal on one cylinder of the old 6-cyl Chevy without pulling the engine.

I remember the old days after Great Southern, Ryder would swap cells out of old 6V batteries.
Bore just one egg-shaped liner .010 over in the old 673 and put her back together.
Times were hard and money was short.
I've seen my dad regrind one connecting rod journal on one cylinder of the old 6-cyl Chevy without pulling the engine.
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt

They don’t want to try and sell any tractors without mirrors or sun visors. The replacement parts won’t be in until December.

Would be interesting to hear what you think of the Pete's and their problems ?
Paccar motors ?
The Freightliners were the biggest pieces of sh*% I had, they had the dealer dump over 35g in a 2014 with 900k on the motor, 2 one boxes, egr valve and cooler, CPC4 module, ECU, got it back 2 weeks before we closed. Engine leaked oil from the timing cover and the rear seal and it has a drive line vibration from the diff.

The Freightliners were the biggest pieces of sh*% I had, they had the dealer dump over 35g in a 2014 with 900k on the motor, 2 one boxes, egr valve and cooler, CPC4 module, ECU, got it back 2 weeks before we closed. Engine leaked oil from the timing cover and the rear seal and it has a drive line vibration from the diff.
Didn't much care for the Freightliners, the Petes, or the rare Mack. Give me a Volvo anytime. 🙂

If I could buy one at the auction I would make it my perpetual personal conveyance. 😁

That one should have been 'Parked against the fence' & let whoever gets it in the sale make repairs. At one time ABF would certify that any unit sold was 'roadworthy'. All units were kept on the road till trade/sale, none were 'Parked against the fence for weeks before sold. As I said I did 'patch' a few but they still had miles left when sold. A very few were brought back & repaired that were unintentionally sold with major componment problems. The company got a higher price for used units than other freightlines because of that agreement.

Guess there is a bidding war brewing over a tandem that has only 19,000 miles, and has never been driven over 46 mph? Not sure what that’s all about?

Guess there is a bidding war brewing over a tandem that has only 19,000 miles, and has never been driven over 46 mph? Not sure what that’s all about?
Is that the new tandem with the unbreakable mirrors?