Yellow | Rolling stock auction postponed

Didn't much care for the Freightliners, the Petes, or the rare Mack. Give me a Volvo anytime. 🙂

If I could buy one at the auction I would make it my perpetual personal conveyance. 😁
Tri, even when you only go to the grocery, the doctor and church on Sundays, those Volvos are still quite a bit more expensive to run than your Studebaker.

I do agree though; I MUCH prefer the Volvo over the Paccar brands.

It's about where the lawsuit will be heard, nothing else.

"Yellow Corp.’s $173.3 million legal battle with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters will stay put in Kansas, dashing the insolvent less-than-truckload (LTL) company’s hopes of moving the case to a Delaware bankruptcy court.

U.S. District Court Judge Julie Robinson said the issues in Yellow’s suit were not essential to administering the bankruptcy estate, which includes the company’s terminals and rolling stock, among other assets—and therefore should stay in Kansas."

It's about where the lawsuit will be heard, nothing else.

"Yellow Corp.’s $173.3 million legal battle with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters will stay put in Kansas, dashing the insolvent less-than-truckload (LTL) company’s hopes of moving the case to a Delaware bankruptcy court.

U.S. District Court Judge Julie Robinson said the issues in Yellow’s suit were not essential to administering the bankruptcy estate, which includes the company’s terminals and rolling stock, among other assets—and therefore should stay in Kansas."

I understand they have already started jury selection for the trial. Some of the names are, Dorthy, Auntee Em, and Tin Man.

PACCAR motor is just a ****ed up Cat painted black.
PACCAR's engine program reminds me of Navistar's Maxxforce engines that almost put them out of business. Navistar paid out a 135 Million settlement which was not enough. Several small fleets that bought the Maxxforce engines were not able to absorb the expense. The tractors with that engine spent more time in the shop than on the road & many logged more miles on the hook than pulling loads. Caterpillar was wise to discontinue highway engine production in 2009. Of course they had lost most of their customer base & customer loyalty by then. Emission laws/standards have had a deep economic impact on the trucking industry.

I remember the old days after Great Southern, Ryder would swap cells out of old 6V batteries.
Bore just one egg-shaped liner .010 over in the old 673 and put her back together.
Times were hard and money was short.
I've seen my dad regrind one connecting rod journal on one cylinder of the old 6-cyl Chevy without pulling the engine.
What about those wooden 5th wheels

PACCAR's engine program reminds me of Navistar's Maxxforce engines that almost put them out of business. Navistar paid out a 135 Million settlement which was not enough. Several small fleets that bought the Maxxforce engines were not able to absorb the expense. The tractors with that engine spent more time in the shop than on the road & many logged more miles on the hook than pulling loads. Caterpillar was wise to discontinue highway engine production in 2009. Of course they had lost most of their customer base & customer loyalty by then. Emission laws/standards have had a deep economic impact on the trucking industry.
I drove a 2013 MaxForce Prostar for Batesville for 6 years. We had 4 of them as experimental tractors to avoid buying DEF. $138,000 each. All 4 ended up with more $$$$ in repairs than they cost new. The one I drove was rebuilt twice in 6 years. One of those times the turbo bearings let go, oil went thru the injectors, and I had to stall the engine at 3386 rpm’s to shut it off. Bent piston rods, broke the head. A total mess. Four below zero in York, Nebraska. I blocked the I80 entrance ramp for 5 hrs because tow trucks were busy with gelled up trucks. Lucky I had an APU to stay warm!

Jimmy those iH don't work any better hauling cane.
Got two over in the corner of the lot to rob everything but engine parts off of.
My neighbor has a 2014 Pete with a MX-13 in it. Keeps blowing all the antifreeze out the over flow tube.
Nobody wants to work on it and the dealers do their best to not work on it. Parts changers these days are a specialized breed.

Jimmy those iH don't work any better hauling cane.
Got two over in the corner of the lot to rob everything but engine parts off of.
My neighbor has a 2014 Pete with a MX-13 in it. Keeps blowing all the antifreeze out the over flow tube.
Nobody wants to work on it and the dealers do their best to not work on it. Parts changers these days are a specialized breed.
Now my cane hauling guy is lookin at them YRC trucks and licking his lips he wants 200 of them Twin screw day cabs.

I drove a 2013 MaxForce Prostar for Batesville for 6 years. We had 4 of them as experimental tractors to avoid buying DEF. $138,000 each. All 4 ended up with more $$$$ in repairs than they cost new. The one I drove was rebuilt twice in 6 years. One of those times the turbo bearings let go, oil went thru the injectors, and I had to stall the engine at 3386 rpm’s to shut it off. Bent piston rods, broke the head. A total mess. Four below zero in York, Nebraska. I blocked the I80 entrance ramp for 5 hrs because tow trucks were busy with gelled up trucks. Lucky I had an APU to stay warm!
You're like the rich kid down the block with an APU, PIE couldn't spell APU.

Not much resale value for Silly " Tag Smart-Dumb Axle " Trucks that get stuck on Flat Ground ! In fact Iowa D.O.T. is purposing to pass a law banning tag axle trucks and trucks with mirror's smaller than 15" tall , for safety reason !! Safety is No Accident !

Not much resale value for Silly " Tag Smart-Dumb Axle " Trucks that get stuck on Flat Ground ! In fact Iowa D.O.T. is purposing to pass a law banning tag axle trucks and trucks with mirror's smaller than 15" tall , for safety reason !! Safety is No Accident !
Dead axles were banned in Tenn until Ryder acquired Hoover.
The law was over in 2 weeks, Ryder cut the belts off the Hoover tractors.

There were some local 2nd & 3rd generation trucking families who had owned Internationals since the R series, RD 450 gasoline engines days, (Breeze remembers them). They were loyal to the brand but they jumped ship over the MAXXForce engines. One later bought a Navistar with a bulldozer emissions engine which was not much better. He recently bought an older KW with a Cummins.
I am going to guess you were called names that we don't want to repeat on TB when you blocked that ramp.

There were some local 2nd & 3rd generation trucking families who had owned Internationals since the R series, RD 450 gasoline engines days, (Breeze remembers them). They were loyal to the brand but they jumped ship over the MAXXForce engines. One later bought a Navistar with a bulldozer emissions engine which was not much better. He recently bought an older KW with a Cummins.
I am going to guess you were called names that we don't want to repeat on TB when you blocked that ramp.
My experience with that engine brought me to a conclusion about it that it Could work- IF the owner of one scheduled changing the EGR Valve about every 80,000 miles? Expensive! At the time, if I recall correctly, every time the engine did bad things, it was because of the EGR, and bad things normally happened every 90,000-100,000 miles. Also, if I recall correctly, the EGR was about $1600 plus time, labor, and the truck out of service. The time on the ramp, IH concluded the EGR plugged, which made the turbo overheat, which made the bearings let go, which let oil run thru the injectors, which made the whole engine zoom out of control and not turn off.

But that little 13 liter tank engine actually pulled tremendously for its size. I pulled full gross weight back hauls from Salt Lake City over the Rockies, back to Indy. It wasn’t a Speed buggy, but it did as well as when I was in a 2005 Columbia with a 15 liter Cat…….My Boss said that if he wasn’t working for a Corporation he would pull all the emission crap off and he believed it would be a decent engine afterwards. I’ve heard of many being sold to owners in Mexico. That’s probably what those guys did with them????