Yellow | "rumor central"

ripper

TB Regular
Credits
hearing "rumors of a major announce on or about 9/15. ONLY a rumor. anyone else hearing any juicey tidbits?:hide::toxic:

hearing "rumors of a major announce on or about 9/15. ONLY a rumor. anyone else hearing any juicey tidbits?:hide::toxic:

after the THOUSANDS of grievances that have been filed on violations of this current east coast change of ops finally make their way to the change of ops commitee in washington, I would expect we would see something MAJOR go down after the first of the year.........current grievances are scheduled to be heard on Sept 23 at the Bi-States level.....winston-salem has over 1000 documented violations of this coo, including names, dates, trailer numbers, waybill pro's ect, ect, ect, hat's off to our stewards who continue to file on a daily basis....it would be nice to see " Ed's" head roll over this.....he has already been warned enough......now it's time to pay.....

i feel sorry for the guys that have been laid off in the northeast the past 4 years, they all deserve a pat on the back to put up with this crap cause it's way too much crap for most of us to handle, i've seen and heard of a lot of horror stories this company did to many people's lives, i guess that's the chance you take for taking this job seriously, maybe they should all be 14 hr casuals and not take this job seriously anymore since the powers that be can make coo's every year to get us to stumble and fall away from being a full time employee

Rumor Has It!

Rumor has it that a big meeting is taking place at the Roadway, Copley, Ohio terminal on Monday, Sept 8, 2008 and managers from Yellow's CVE and RFO terminals will be in attendance. Why would Yellow managers be at a Roadway terminal meeting? Anybody want to "speculate"?!!!!:funky::hide:

Speculation

Rumor has it that a big meeting is taking place at the Roadway, Copley, Ohio terminal on Monday, Sept 8, 2008 and managers from Yellow's CVE and RFO terminals will be in attendance. Why would Yellow managers be at a Roadway terminal meeting? Anybody want to "speculate"?!!!!:funky::hide:

Hummm,
Maybe 211 is getting a new roommate???:hide:

merge a comin in sea

was told today that roadway sea building sold and moving in w/ yellow 3rd quarter of next year. also yellow sea to split their sea term personnel w/rdwy in rdwy satellite terminals . is this the beginning

Merger, Part 1?!

was told today that roadway sea building sold and moving in w/ yellow 3rd quarter of next year. also yellow sea to split their sea term personnel w/rdwy in rdwy satellite terminals . is this the beginning
:chairshot:When you say "yellow sea term personnel" are you talking about supervisors, clerical, dock/yard, or who?! Are clerks at Yellow and Roadway in SEA union? If not, why not?! Keep us informed on what's going on in SEA! FIGHT THE POWER!:USA:

During the YRC 2nd quarter conference call..........
Michael J. Smid

"The other thing, that is going to happen as we implement these velocity networks is that we will free up more real estate and we will continue to sell out the excess. We have got the opportunity here to do more co-habing between Yellow and Roadway in the same facility even though we are still in different operating systems. So there will be some additional disposals that will continue to happen as we go through the end of the year".

could it be that yrcw made some bad changes of operations in the last few years and that they are going back to the old system that was tried and true and did actually work and made them a profit?

if they want to act like fedex and ups but they are not they should set up their runs on schedule and keep them and give the dispatchers and system drivers a real job and the respect they deserve.

right now no one knows if they have a job from day to day in management and they in turn are dropping the ball on the union side.

it seems they can't get a hold on this new system. with drivers running over each other nst is costing them a lot of $$$$$$ and customers.

Reading through this thread and just thought I might add some thoughts to it all!
Yellow managing a freight service as if it were a package service.
Profits seem to be dropping.
Real estate that has been bought and paid for is being sold.
Grievances are at an all time high.
merger ceo gone.
now sales ceo replaced.
upper managment shhhhh type meetings going on all over the place.
I could go on but now take a minute and think about our latest new investor who just wades in with a purchase of 5.6 percent of the yrc stock. A little strange with everything else thats going on....don't you think!
Yes there is money to be made here for an investor but I think there is much more to it than that.
How much stock do the roushes control yet and with proxies from a few friends in Akron. Geee....Do you think it could be possible.....Might be something going on here bigger than we could imagine:1036316054:
Just something to think about!

Who do you think is calling the shots on everything now, it sure isn't coming from REX.
Hard to believe but if you look at it REX, NEWPENN, RIEMER were all making a profit now the COO and the misguided management in some scenarios makes you wonder "who is calling the shots now?" Instead of being pro-active in running the operation like it should they are being reactive to what the puzzle palace people say (ie: Network Services). Like shooting a gun into a dark room....they have no impact, no idea!

Who do you think is calling the shots on everything now, it sure isn't coming from REX.
Hard to believe but if you look at it REX, NEWPENN, RIEMER were all making a profit now the COO and the misguided management in some scenarios makes you wonder "who is calling the shots now?" Instead of being pro-active in running the operation like it should they are being reactive to what the puzzle palace people say (ie: Network Services). Like shooting a gun into a dark room....they have no impact, no idea!
well as everyone all knows by now, this coo was a MISERABLE failure.....the company will NEVER admit it..... they'd rather spend the rest of this year back peddling and blaming it all on us for not working.....after all these grievances ARE finally heard, and some type of decisions have to be made, you can rest assured like I've said before, after the 1st of the year expect MAJOR changes in the way we do business.....that could very well mean a merger of sorts w/ all the companies coming together as one.....in the meantime, expect to see more layoffs..... they seem to be working well for the company as they continue to work everybody, but with TOTAL FLEXIBILITY....remember, if they have a couple of slow days, they just don't call anyone......it's a planners dream......in winston-salem we're well over 60 men layed off on the dock now and when we rebid around Oct 1, expect a few more to go.......when is it finally going to get better? who knows.....maybe this a slow death.....any comments? the g-man:red_bandana:

Let's all hope it's not a slow death G-Man. If it's a merger let's hope that they can finally do something right (company and union).It's been so long since either one has done anything right.

Let's all hope it's not a slow death G-Man. If it's a merger let's hope that they can finally do something right (company and union).It's been so long since either one has done anything right.

we can only hope.....it can't get any worse......OH YES IT CAN........

g-man i dont think yellow has any straight dock workers , maybe they will have a place for us .

Keep the faith

I believe the merger will happen sooner than most of us think. I think within a Month or 2. As for the new investor he checks out OK, So maybe he will have some idea's or maybe he may know about a buyer out there and trying to get in on the ground floor, But judging from what I have found out about him; He's not here to loose money and he is not into liquidating for what it's worth.
:USA:
:Duel: