Yellow | "rumor central"

Merger

I believe the merger will happen sooner than most of us think. I think within a Month or 2. As for the new investor he checks out OK, So maybe he will have some idea's or maybe he may know about a buyer out there and trying to get in on the ground floor, But judging from what I have found out about him; He's not here to loose money and he is not into liquidating for what it's worth.
:USA:
:Duel:

I think you are probably right.

I was guessing that line haul will probably merge first.I think this will become more evident as they get the technology on the same platform and can see just how much condensing they can do between both Co's.

Payroll Problems

I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with being overpaid/shorted. It seems to be an ongoing problem. We were told it was a glitch in the system. I'm wondering if the "glitch" is company wide, or just at our terminal.
Thank You.

Merger

Wonder if this will be a merger of seniority or just hauling each others trailers:hide:

I would think they are going to have to merge the seniority lists.
This would be especially true of terminals that are co-habing.

I guess this brings up another point.

If the lists are merged what transfer rights would people have if they are getting bumped?Would they be able to bump into a different terminal and bump someone else if their seniority would allow?:hide:

I would think they are going to have to merge the seniority lists.
This would be especially true of terminals that are co-habing.

I guess this brings up another point.

If the lists are merged what transfer rights would people have if they are getting bumped?Would they be able to bump into a different terminal and bump someone else if their seniority would allow?:hide:

I don't know the contract well enough, but there is a section on this.

Contract

The only section I read was about if there was a merger that everyone would be dovetailed.
I don't remember anything about transfers?

Maybe D.S. does?

Contract

If there is a merger seniority lists would be dovetailed. The only way for somebody to transfer would be if ther ewas a '' change of operations'', here we go again and they follow their work. If the companies allowed people to transfer otherwise they would lose their seniority and hit the bottom of the new list.

Coo

If there is a merger seniority lists would be dovetailed. The only way for somebody to transfer would be if ther ewas a '' change of operations'', here we go again and they follow their work. If the companies allowed people to transfer otherwise they would lose their seniority and hit the bottom of the new list.

Sooo,
A merging of the Co's would be a change of operations right?
I am just thinking how convoluted this could get.

Sooo,
A merging of the Co's would be a change of operations right?
I am just thinking how convoluted this could get.

What about a take over by a majority stock holder?
Now how would that work out as far as completing a merger?
Thats what I'm thinking with this new investor on board.
The new trailers do have roadways name with the yrc logo,do they not?
Has anybody seen a yellow name on any of these trailers?
Where did the finance and sales ceo's go and why?
Why so many corporate meetings lately?
On yellows site a local driver claims Hagerstown is now ruled by roadway managment...................................
allot of strange coincidences going on here dont you think!
I cant wait to hear what all this is really about but Im thinking on a different plain at the moment.

It would be nice to be the survivors out of this mess.I hope we are all survivors either as one company or something soon. We cannot afford to lose anymore brothers or we all will suffer. I hate to say this but if we want our livelyhoods to be here let's step up and do our best all the time.

Good points

What about a take over by a majority stock holder?
Now how would that work out as far as completing a merger?
Thats what I'm thinking with this new investor on board.
The new trailers do have roadways name with the yrc logo,do they not?
Has anybody seen a yellow name on any of these trailers?
Where did the finance and sales ceo's go and why?
Why so many corporate meetings lately?
On yellows site a local driver claims Hagerstown is now ruled by roadway managment...................................
allot of strange coincidences going on here dont you think!
I cant wait to hear what all this is really about but Im thinking on a different plain at the moment.

You make some interesting points Roadstar.

I guess I am thinking a little differently.
I believe that Yellow wanted to merge to two Co's right from the get but some of the major shippers wouldn't put all of their freight on one carrier,enter YRC Worldwide "Master Brand".
Now all they had to do was to combine the sales force so that their customers got used to dealing with one point of contact.The next step was the co-habs to save money on rent and Mgmt expenses.The next and final phase before combining of the lists is the technology platform.
This will enable them to see both Co's on a single screen.
With that almost in the final stages they will be able to do allot of condensing of their line haul/road work.I believe that the road operation will get hit harder on this than the city operations.

In the final analysis:
1. The two Co's continue to live together and service their customers with line haul being condensed to reduce duplication and maximize capacity.
Or
2.Eventually Roadway and Yellow will cease to exist and will evolve into YRC Worldwide.

Just my two cents!
But what do I know? I am just a truck driver:biglaugh:

survivors

It would be nice to be the survivors out of this mess.I hope we are all survivors either as one company or something soon. We cannot afford to lose anymore brothers or we all will suffer. I hate to say this but if we want our livelyhoods to be here let's step up and do our best all the time.

I think we will survive.
We might be a little leaner as far as our numbers go, but, I think the Co will be here.
And, yes, we should all be doing our best every day:1036316054:

You make some interesting points Roadstar.

I guess I am thinking a little differently.
I believe that Yellow wanted to merge to two Co's right from the get but some of the major shippers wouldn't put all of their freight on one carrier,enter YRC Worldwide "Master Brand".
Now all they had to do was to combine the sales force so that their customers got used to dealing with one point of contact.The next step was the co-habs to save money on rent and Mgmt expenses.The next and final phase before combining of the lists is the technology platform.
This will enable them to see both Co's on a single screen.
With that almost in the final stages they will be able to do allot of condensing of their line haul/road work.I believe that the road operation will get hit harder on this than the city operations.

In the final analysis:
1. The two Co's continue to live together and service their customers with line haul being condensed to reduce duplication and maximize capacity.
Or
2.Eventually Roadway and Yellow will cease to exist and will evolve into YRC Worldwide.

Just my two cents!
But what do I know? I am just a truck driver:biglaugh:
hey bubba, you may not be too far off with your analogy......as far as speculation goes, it's pretty believable and certainly worthy of some rep points....the g-man

Hoping for the best.

hey bubba, you may not be too far off with your analogy......as far as speculation goes, it's pretty believable and certainly worthy of some rep points....the g-man

Thanks G-man.:1036316054:
I am kinda personally hoping for scenario #1 myself.
I think this would be best for us anyway.

They have some new trailers already,with just YRC on them,no rumor I saw the trailers in winston NC at the yellow/roadway location.