Yellow | "rumor central"

You make some interesting points Roadstar.

I guess I am thinking a little differently.
I believe that Yellow wanted to merge to two Co's right from the get but some of the major shippers wouldn't put all of their freight on one carrier,enter YRC Worldwide "Master Brand".
Now all they had to do was to combine the sales force so that their customers got used to dealing with one point of contact.The next step was the co-habs to save money on rent and Mgmt expenses.The next and final phase before combining of the lists is the technology platform.
This will enable them to see both Co's on a single screen.
With that almost in the final stages they will be able to do allot of condensing of their line haul/road work.I believe that the road operation will get hit harder on this than the city operations.

In the final analysis:
1. The two Co's continue to live together and service their customers with line haul being condensed to reduce duplication and maximize capacity.
Or
2.Eventually Roadway and Yellow will cease to exist and will evolve into YRC Worldwide.

Just my two cents!
But what do I know? I am just a truck driver:biglaugh:

I think you are right on the money with your analogy Buba!
Makes good sence and is all positive thinking but first someone with a personal interest in the business and a experienced head for moving freight and understanding both the needs of the customers and the labor force must have unquestionable control. I do believe it all came to light today. Should be an interesting ride from here on out now:1036316054:.