Central Transport | Rumor has it....

ct42long

TB Lurker
Credits
higher ups are tired of hearing vitran drivers crying about everything, insurance, memos, paper work explaining this and that, always asking questions about mileage, trying to wedge they're way into runs, and not getting the system ... and that if they aren't happy to move on, they feel like we got they're freight and if they don't want to come with it and be team players the door is right there.... apparently Central feels like they can handle the freight with or with out vitran....from what I hear weeding out the nonconformist starts the 1st of the year... just saying.....

I think some of us would like to feel welcome within the CT home and not outsiders. We would like to hear up front what CT has to offer us just like any other new employer.

Last edited by a moderator:
higher ups are tired of hearing vitran drivers crying about everything, insurance, memos, paper work explaining this and that, always asking questions about mileage, trying to wedge they're way into runs, and not getting the system ... and that if they aren't happy to move on, they feel like we got they're freight and if they don't want to come with it and be team players the door is right there.... apparently Central feels like they can handle the freight with or with out vitran....from what I hear weeding out the nonconformist starts the 1st of the year... just saying.....

What is CTs definition of a team player? Some of us would like to be welcomed to the team and not left in the dark. Some of us would like to think that when Rob Stamper tells us this and that is going to happen, it actually does. Some of us want to believe in our new management and not be singled out as troublemakers. Just saying...

Rumor is...you don't know $&@$.

CT employees, as well as V employees, are all on chopping block.. If this gamble don't pay off, all low performers are toast.

Rumor is...you don't know $&@$.

CT employees, as well as V employees, are all on chopping block.. If this gamble don't pay off, all low performers are toast.
Central orginal employees are under the impression management holds them in higher regard...This is simply not true....It doesn't matter....ALL LOW PERFORMERS WILL HAVE A TARGET ON THEIR BACK....They will keep the best of the best...The rest are toast...Vitran or Central it makes no difference....Seniority won't matter either....You step it up or they will step you out....Another words do your job and stop hiding behind Walmart (if you are) and your probably a keeper. The cold winds of change are upon us.

Maybe that guy behind wal mart was on lunch, if you don't take it in the 1st 5 hours it automatically kicks.... and you either work for free or take your 30 min. I don't know what impression your getting but I know my ass has been busier than it was. I just heard a regional manager discussing on the phone my original post while I was signing my time sheet, just threw it out there, what ever.........................

Last edited by a moderator:
higher ups are tired of hearing vitran drivers crying about everything, insurance, memos, paper work explaining this and that, always asking questions about mileage, trying to wedge they're way into runs, and not getting the system...
I guess it never occurred to you that people would get with the new system if they received information, orientation and/or training about the new system.

I guess it never occurred to you that people would get with the new system if they received information, orientation and/or training about the new system.

I guess it never occurred to you that you will not receive that orientation on trucking boards, either. you sound like all you guys show up for work and they put you all in a room and tell you to figure it out, that is something I know is not true. they put you with drivers who show you how to use the dolphins of course a new system takes some figuring out but come on with the helpless act, I don't believe they brought you over and didn't teach you with a trainer how stuff works?????

Ladies and Gentlemen,

CT is the most unorthodox LTL company out there. This does not make them bad, this does not make them good, with CT, it is what it is. With Central Transport, expect the unexpected, embrace it, and you will be fine. I have had the fortune of working for both carriers. Vitran once had the world by the "balls", solid financials, operating in a rock solid LTL area, the upper midwest. Unfortunately, GAETZ, took that for granted, and destroyed the truck-line, by never reinvesting during the good times. In the last month many of my friends that chose to hang on and have lost their jobs. This is not the fault of CT, but the fault of the millionaire that resides north of the border after running Vitran into the ground. As I have posted many times in the past, Vitran in the only NON UNION company, that is publicly traded to go out of business.

In 10 short years, the dominant carriers will be FXF, Conway, ODFL, and Saia. In my opinion, the privately held carriers, CT, Estes, and, R&L, will be on the outside looking in, because of their lack of commitment to the hourly work force. The union carriers will be gone because of their inability to compete, because of the union contracts. The regional privately held carriers will grow, SEFL, AAC, Wilson, and, Averitt. Enough with my predictions....WAR EAGLE. Go Auburn.

Maybe that guy behind wal mart was on lunch, if you don't take it in the 1st 5 hours it automatically kicks.... and you either work for free or take your 30 min. I don't know what impression your getting but I know my ass has been busier than it was. I just heard a regional manager discussing on the phone my original post while I was signing my time sheet, just threw it out there, what ever.........................

So you really think a regional manager is going to have that conversation in front of you? I would think that would be closed door talk or he just picked up the phone and had an out loud conversation with himself so that others could hear his threat.

" ...or he just picked up the phone and had an out loud conversation with himself so that others could hear his threat."

And THAT is what Central is aaaaaaall about.

When the worst they can do is take your job, and your "job" SUCKS- let's face it... It's not much of a threat.

LOL...

I'll only protect what I value. I value my friends. Good drivers. Good dock workers. Good management. Good supervisors.

THIS job? Ummmmmm.... No.

Central orginal employees are under the impression management holds them in higher regard...This is simply not true....It doesn't matter....ALL LOW PERFORMERS WILL HAVE A TARGET ON THEIR BACK....They will keep the best of the best...The rest are toast...Vitran or Central it makes no difference....Seniority won't matter either....You step it up or they will step you out....Another words do your job and stop hiding behind Walmart (if you are) and your probably a keeper. The cold winds of change are upon us.

And for all of you people that live in a right to work state, beware. Centrals upper management is licking their chops.

I guess it never occurred to you that you will not receive that orientation on trucking boards, either. you sound like all you guys show up for work and they put you all in a room and tell you to figure it out, that is something I know is not true. they put you with drivers who show you how to use the dolphins of course a new system takes some figuring out but come on with the helpless act, I don't believe they brought you over and didn't teach you with a trainer how stuff works?????

I hate to say this, ( bcuz i know i wont get any likes lol ) but when i was at central in 06 we didnt have dolphins. Then in 07 we got them and we were shown how to use them on monday ( the first day we got them). during a 30 minute preshift type meeting. And that was it, no more teaching. We figured it out on our own. Or if we had issues, there were always another employee that knew more then others, and we would ask him for help. Our management was useless ,the only thing they were good at was taking up space in front of a computer.

I hate to say this, ( bcuz i know i wont get any likes lol ) but when i was at central in 06 we didnt have dolphins. Then in 07 we got them and we were shown how to use them on monday ( the first day we got them). during a 30 minute preshift type meeting. And that was it, no more teaching. We figured it out on our own. Or if we had issues, there were always another employee that knew more then others, and we would ask him for help. Our management was useless ,the only thing they were good at was taking up space in front of a computer.

I'll give it a like. That is exactly what I would expect from Central. I think Vitran guys have a hard time realizing that Central management is not singling them out... They need to realize that Central is that bad with ALL their guys. The look on everyone's face every morning when you walk in is enough to tell the story. Who is smiling- Vitran guys or Central guys? Answer? -NO ONE.

It sounds like maybe the (VITRANE) people may have forgot who bought who!:crybaby: