R&L | Rumor maybe?

imported_Longhorn

TB Lurker
Credits
Got wind that OD or FEDEX are buying R & L Carriers??? Does anyone know anything about this? This is a hot topic right now. Us drivers are always the last to hear anything. Then all of a sudden we start seeing the changes of the rumors we heard.

It makes no sense for a major LTL to buy out another major LTL. Just look at the disaster of Yellow buying Roadway and Holland, and the disaster of FedEx buying Watkins..Makes ZERO sense, thats propably why it "MAY" happen...Nothing that makes sense happens much anymore, and everything that dosen't make sense happens.. Its the frigin twilight zone..:1036316054:Who knows...

FedEx buying Watkins was not a disaster for starts. FedEx would gain nothing by purchasing R&L and OD probably cant afford it. So its just a rumor.

FedEx buying Watkins was not a disaster for starts. FedEx would gain nothing by purchasing R&L and OD probably cant afford it. So its just a rumor.

I'll bet if you ask, 95%of FedEx National drivers wish Watkins would have not been bought by FedEx.. maybe "disaster" is to strong, but I stand by my statement on Yellow/Roadway/Holland.. That has turned into a disaster especially for the drivers who are going to be merged into YRC...

"RUMORS". I have been hearing "RUMORS" for years. My defination of a "RUMOR" - a fantasy thought of by a low life scum with no credible evidence to back it up in order to instill fear into others. Dont beleive everything you hear. This company is not being bought by anyone and it is not hurting for money! They are still growing and will be here for the long run. 5 new terminals just opened in CA. New resort in CA. New computers and gps in all the trucks. New fuel pump ipass being installed on every truck at every terminal. This does "NOT" sound like a company going broke. Just my 2 cents.

"RUMORS". I have been hearing "RUMORS" for years. My defination of a "RUMOR" - a fantasy thought of by a low life scum with no credible evidence to back it up in order to instill fear into others. Dont beleive everything you hear. This company is not being bought by anyone and it is not hurting for money! They are still growing and will be here for the long run. 5 new terminals just opened in CA. New resort in CA. New computers and gps in all the trucks. New fuel pump ipass being installed on every truck at every terminal. This does "NOT" sound like a company going broke. Just my 2 cents.

What is a fuel pump ipass???

You might be right about all this R&L Hotrod, but I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

At one point "RUMOR" had it that lease drivers (paramount) were not going to be replacing dedicated team runs but it is happening and see them everyday waiting for a run and when I asked the TM, he said, "things can change from one day to the next".

It would'nt make much sense for OD to buy R+L,anywere R+L is OD is too,all of OD's acquisitions so far have been to move into new or underserved areas. as of the first of this year they serve the 48 states ,As for affording R+L last I checked OD was alot larger and profitable with the lowest OR in the industry.

What is a fuel pump ipass???
The ID tag is mounted above the drivers door. When you pull up to the fuel island the fuel will be ready to pump. It tells what truck,time and location. Don't know about driver info. I belive Fedex has something like this system. It kind of goes along with all the bar codes on the sides of our trls. Even though i've never seen them scan a trlr. Hope this helps. Guess this should stop theft and O/O from getting our fuel:1036316054:.....

I've heard the same rumors about going broke for ten years, but companies have been known to spend money like crazy and then sell out or go bankrupt:1036316054:....

OD is way more advanced than R&L. They are also much much larger...We are stuck in the stone ages compaired to their paperless system they employ.

Here is the truth to this rumor!!!!!!!! I am buying R&L with next weeks paycheck. I am giving everybody a raise and we are going to a 4 day work week with a guaranteed 40 hour week.To be hired in management you must have 5 years driving experience and hold a CDL/w HAZ-MAT endorsement. Working on Jewish holidays will be on a volunteer basis.

The ID tag is mounted above the drivers door. When you pull up to the fuel island the fuel will be ready to pump. It tells what truck,time and location. Don't know about driver info. I belive Fedex has something like this system. It kind of goes along with all the bar codes on the sides of our trls. Even though i've never seen them scan a trlr. Hope this helps. Guess this should stop theft and O/O from getting our fuel:1036316054:.....

Thanks for the info Duck!!! We have started fueling at Pilot, something about if there is a supply shortage, we would still be able to operate a week or two with the fuel that we have at the terminal..Is this happening anyplace else??

Wow, you guys..!!!!

PHI---Congress is not for sale, that is what you describe buying, first off...and none of them volunteered to work during the jewish new year...and not sure where you got 40 hr week, they are guaranteed not to work over 30...
OD is larger than R&L, and as such, they have larger scale problems right now, and they are covering the lower 48, they gain nothing from a purchase at this point...
FedEx, well, I will tell you that the National guys I talk to on the west coast dream of the days of yesteryear....they hate it now...
R&L is way more valuable than any of you give it credit for, and I will tell you also way more profitable than any of the aforementioned companies, and including alot of others who wish they had R&Ls margins...

Relax, you all are in it for the long haul....the real long haul...Being privately owned is the head of the class these days, you are extremely lucky, even on the days you don't feel like it...

OD is not paperless and i hope they never make it that far.i for one like to have a piece of paper with a signature in ink.OD may be larger than R&L but i believe R&L has a lot less or almost no debt.

R&L is way more valuable than any of you give it credit for, and I will tell you also way more profitable than any of the aforementioned companies, and including alot of others who wish they had R&Ls margins......
Again how do you know this????????? I really could careless what R&L is making or lossing but i just have to laugh when i hear guys talk about a private owned companies finances!!!!!! So lets hear it...........................................................................................

That would be unfair to my source, so that will never happen...and you don't have to believe me, duck...I could just be some joker sprouting off....but I haven't been that guy yet...so keep laughing, you are doing fine...better to laugh all the way to the bank than look at the stock market...

I heard this one for a while.I even heard that jevic,new century, fed-ex and ups.It is all talk by drivers that may of been rejected for R&L so can't beleave everything we hear.R&L is doing to many new thing to be going under.