XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

Trust me....linehaul is THE largest payroll expense we have. After they gut city ops, these guys will be next. They could really save some bucks by paying them by the hour or a flat run fee like R&L. I think they still maybe like that.

According to the 4th quarter. We run 1/3 of our line haul on sub carriers. They put more freight back into the system because of capacity and price. But they are looking for ways to get more money out of line haul. The simplest way to make line haul cheaper is to run it in some one else's trailer.

O/T after 50 is better than O/D and R&L who don't get it until over 60. Now I'm not certainly not a special pleader for such a big change in the way we're paid, but it would be in line with what I've been hearing at meetings, in that XPO is looking at labor market conditions at local levels in order decide on how to make a wage change.

Exactly, they want to be more like O/D. No OT for you !!!

Here's your raise no it till after 50 hours only 3weeks worth pto. Start trying to bank that
asHv3mm.jpg

According to the 4th quarter. We run 1/3 of our line haul on sub carriers. They put more freight back into the system because of capacity and price. But they are looking for ways to get more money out of line haul. The simplest way to make line haul cheaper is to run it in some one else's trailer.
Yes that's true, but if they can run more on subs AND reduce our line haul cost 10-15% through some kind of wage change, they can save more. This guy is about nothing but making money and bottom lines. Results matter, employees not so much.

XPO cannot hire anyone. They DO NOT know how to compete for workers.

Competing terminal managers can skip a driver from starting pay to top tier based on experience. They can tell a dockworker EXACTLY when they will be trained and in a truck.

In the city , you talk to drivers from other companies. You go in and out of businesses and see all kinds of situations. In other words , you know better than what XPO tells you.

You know that vacation time should be open for all employees most of the year. It isn't.

You know that bad employees should be let go. They aren't.

You know that all linehaul drivers should run EVERY night. ( company wide XPO is short on drivers ) They don't.

You know that overtime after 8 and after 40 SHOULD discourage management from overworking drivers and lead to hiring new drivers. It doesn't.

If you want to hire people put money on the table AND fix the issues that drivers , dockworkers , FOSs , and managers bitch about. People from other companies hear this ( even if upper management ignores it ) and they stay away.

O/D and R&L who don't get it until over 60
O/D starts at our top and their top is a lot higher then ours. R&L and Central are the only ltl that would be paying the same or less then xpo. Honestly I would go to Central over XPO if OT went away. Been talking with drivers from all local companies for the last year or so and really with out OT xpo would drop to the bottom just ahead of R/L.

Fed Ex , UPS, OD, Saia, ABF, pyle,YRC, Central, New Penn, Pitt Ohio and Ward all would have better pay/benefits with out OT. Also 6 or 7 regional carriers the would offer home every day and no weekends the pay is a little less tho but no dock and less stressful. I guess that my point is no OT after 8/40 would leave my terminal with only the guys that are to stupid to upgrade.

O/D starts at our top and their top is a lot higher then ours. R&L and Central are the only ltl that would be paying the same or less then xpo. Honestly I would go to Central over XPO if OT went away. Been talking with drivers from all local companies for the last year or so and really with out OT xpo would drop to the bottom just ahead of R/L.

Fed Ex , UPS, OD, Saia, ABF, pyle,YRC, Central, New Penn, Pitt Ohio and Ward all would have better pay/benefits with out OT. Also 6 or 7 regional carriers the would offer home every day and no weekends the pay is a little less tho but no dock and less stressful. I guess that my point is no OT after 8/40 would leave my terminal with only the guys that are to stupid to upgrade.
And then there’s Dayton Freight and Southeastern Freight Lines that are very near or equal to us. To my knowledge.

We will never see mass exodus of senior drivers. Most will take whatever we're given, accept what is taken and keep their cheesey a$$ daylane or city start time. They will not start over at another line at the bottom of the board and most likely won't start another at type of driving job. We will all sign on here weekly to complain about how we are treated or under compensated, while we sat the whole time and watched it happen.
And Mr Jacobs knows this.

Last edited:
Out in the metro region the talk is 1.75 per hour no ot till after 50 .A lot of my fellow Associates will never say a thing if that happens. Maybe a couple of city drivers might whine

Say what you want the Union location have made their stand . We saw this coming and did what we had to do. Your options are slim if any . ( this ought to bring out the sleeper) Remember your all employees at will. They owe you nothing and you are not guaranteed anything. Period.
I don’t mean this to insult anyone you have to do what you feel best for you.
The reason you are speculating over is exactly why the company spends so much money and time fighting unionization. They want to do whatever serves them best when it comes to your well being. If you think their doing out of concern for you I think your mistaken.

The coming weeks are going to be very interesting to say the least.

Last edited:
Now that’s funny!
We all know those numbers are fudged to spur on investment. From Managers to drivers we see it every day. Remember what I said it’s all about painting a picture to drive that stock price. I have been saying this for 2 yrs and continue too . That is why we are all disillusioned. Most are just beginning to see it now despite it not being what they thought it might turn out be. Just run down the post here in the last couple of months and you see reality setting in . Even those who thought the lord Jesus himself had bought us are singing a different tune now
What’s good on Wall Street is not good for the worker these days

We all know those numbers are fudged to spur on investment. From Managers to drivers we see it every day. Remember what I said it’s all about painting a picture to drive that stock price. I have been saying this for 2 yrs and continue too . That is why we are all disillusioned. Most are just beginning to see it now despite it not being what they thought it might turn out be. Just run down the post here in the last couple of months and you see reality setting in . Even those who thought the lord Jesus himself had bought us are singing a different tune now
What’s good on Wall Street is not good for the worker these days
If you work at XPO Logistics LTL , have a backup/escape plan. Most that I've talk to lately say that they do.

You make a decent point that the economy is doing well , large corporations ( such as XPO ) have received billions due to taxes being lowered , yet no hint of a bonus or a raise.

You seem secure knowing your location is on the path to having a contract. Even with a contract employees can still suffer during bad times and/or from bad decisions that upper management makes.