XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

You will always need help for any residential delivery over 50lbs? I'd be embarrassed as hell to say that, and you're proud of it.

What he's talking about isn't inside delivery, and we can't charge them redelivery just because Al Dente over there can't pick up a bag of dog food by himself.

This little thread tangent is amazing. We peddle a lot of things that are far more dangerous than a refrigerator. Where are all the posters that complain about people not carrying their weight?

1. We ain’t as young as we used to be.

2. Big difference between a bag of dog food and humping appliances.

3. They quit to go work some where profitable for THEM.

We can’t get our own dispatch under control with all this nonsense. How you gonna merge two separate dispatches ? Same time ? Better to try for the same day. Still unlikely.
It's supposed to be the same company. And remember what Bradley Jacobs says about technology , it's the "secret sauce" that allows XPO to put people where they need to be when they are needed.

Around a BILLION dollar$ every two years. Coordinating arrivals at a customer should be quite minor.

1. We ain’t as young as we used to be.

Sure, I get that. But the responses aren't, "I can't move a refrigerator by myself anymore." Instead, it's this righteous indignation at even a suggestion that they may have to move something heavier than 50 lbs. Or an appliance. Or do a basic residential delivery. I mean come on, that's what LTL is! If you can't do it, fine, but don't pretend like XPO is some Roman galley captain for asking.

This little thread tangent is amazing. We peddle a lot of things that are far more dangerous than a refrigerator. Where are all the posters that complain about people not carrying their weight?
Go read about the home deliveries of exercise equipment and furniture. These are jobs for 18 - 28 year olds. If someone contradicts themselves , who cares? What seems clear is the not wanted bad freight with the current misguided , poor management.

On top of the current environment you want people to talk tough and be cowboys sticking their chest out and be happy at the prospect of crappy freight?

It's supposed to be the same company. And remember what Bradley Jacobs says about technology , it's the "secret sauce" that allows XPO to put people where they need to be when they are needed.

Around a BILLION dollar$ every two years. Coordinating arrivals at a customer should be quite minor.

If only it was that easy. Everybody would do it.

Sure, I get that. But the responses aren't, "I can't move a refrigerator by myself anymore." Instead, it's this righteous indignation at even a suggestion that they may have to move something heavier than 50 lbs. Or an appliance. Or do a basic residential delivery. I mean come on, that's what LTL is! If you can't do it, fine, but don't pretend like XPO is some Roman galley captain for asking.

I agree it’s not slave labor. But humping appliances is not what any of us signed up for either. I get there might be some ugly stuff. Sure. But this is a slippery slope.

I wonder if this time next year if he will still be bragging about single digit turnover in the LTL ?

Go read about the home deliveries of exercise equipment and furniture. These are jobs for 18 - 28 year olds. If someone contradicts themselves , who cares? What seems clear is the not wanted bad freight with the current misguided , poor management.

On top of the current environment you want people to talk tough and be cowboys sticking their chest out and be happy at the prospect of crappy freight?

That’s really the point. People are already unhappy. This isn’t what’s making them unhappy. It’s just piling on.

That’s really the point. People are already unhappy. This isn’t what’s making them unhappy. It’s just piling on.
Sucker said this was a test , I believe. Well , I will say it again if anyone has to fool with this: insist on the Final Mile people to be there! Even if that is not what the plan is , push for it. Demand it.

Point out how much more productive you could and would be if you leave the Final Mile sh!t to the Final Mile people. Drop that sh!t and get the hell out of there.

I have delivered to our local Last Mile facility and talked to a contractor there. The problem is they can’t hold onto these guys. Apparently their turnover is near 100%. Remember they are all contractors. He’s says they are not paying them for all the work they do. He says it a constant fight to get payed correctly and most of the guys lease there trucks from places like Penske and they can’t make their payments if they don’t get paid on time.

Sucker said this was a test , I believe. Well , I will say it again if anyone has to fool with this: insist on the Final Mile people to be there! Even if that is not what the plan is , push for it. Demand it.

Point out how much more productive you could and would be if you leave the Final Mile sh!t to the Final Mile people. Drop that sh!t and get the hell out of there.
Apparently if these guys don’t have as much to deliver they can install more units and pick up the old stuff and be done . They don’t need as many contractors I guess this way.

It’s a little bit curious that they would be testing out something like this with everything else that is going on. Maybe voting yes made them ideal candidates. Corporate probably feels they won't quit because the drivers are more attached to this place with their other agendas.

I have delivered to our local Last Mile facility and talked to a contractor there. The problem is they can’t hold onto these guys. Apparently their turnover is near 100%. Remember they are all contractors. He’s says they are not paying them for all the work they do. He says it a constant fight to get payed correctly and most of the guys lease there trucks from places like Penske and they can’t make their payments if they don’t get paid on time.

That’s the other thing pushing people out the door. You want to know how I know he going to frak is ? Because he is frakking most the rest of his people right now. XPO is notorious for not paying. Talk to some of these guys while you are out and about. A lot of OTR guys won’t pull XPO loads. You’ll never get paid.

XPO to put people where they need to be when they are needed.
Heck, I still can’t an empty at the FAC half the time! Never mind drivers to pull home all the freight. The set I brought home today wasn’t going to be stripped this morning, never mind delivered, and no, it wasn’t appointment freight. Who remembers the poster that said we pick up the day requested, move the same day and deliver the next day (for one day points)? Those days are gone.

Heck, I still can’t an empty at the FAC half the time! Never mind drivers to pull home all the freight. The set I brought home today wasn’t going to be stripped this morning, never mind delivered, and no, it wasn’t appointment freight. Who remembers the poster that said we pick up the day requested, move the same day and deliver the next day (for one day points)? Those days are gone.
Yes but for the last 3 days I haven't even driven a forklift. Double via's the last 3 night 470+ miles a night and no dock time. Isn't that what LH should be like.

Fos said tonight expect $1.08 raise to take in effect first full week in June and OT at 45 hours. Meeting tomorrow

Exactly, I hurt from my younger days of lumping freight. The place isn't worth you becoming permanently disabled over. One wrong move and it can happen in a heartbeat. What good is it to look forward to Retirement if you are not able to do what you want because of health issues.

Exactly, I hurt from my younger days of lumping freight. The place isn't worth you becoming permanently disabled over. One wrong move and it can happen in a heartbeat. What good is it to look forward to Retirement if you are not able to do what you want because of health issues.
That’s my point, although sarcastic, about the 50 lb residential delivery. I’m finished with the stressful deliveries. Provide enough help or I ain’t doing it.