XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

Idling across gravel lot,looking for trailers.
Phone RANG.
FOS'S bad about printing double manifests or sending trailer with someone else. Thought maybe they were calling with alternate trailer assignments.

Picked up m phone to see who was calling, rolling across potholes,gravel.

Termination: Operating a handheld device while " driving 3 mph.

These people are dumb ass hell to fire a driver for that. Frak this place. It ain’t worth nothing to nobody.

Wow. That’s pretty thin. I don’t suppose XPO still has that (un)EthicsPoint thing? Not that it would’ve helped. I tried using it once for a warning letter I got one time (long, but amusing, story) and it was completely worthless.

Corporate HR is a bunch of millennials “ working “ from home. Trying to justify their paychecks.

Terminated ME for camera violation in gravel parking lot/ DIRT in NCH.

WOE IS ME!!
I NOW DRIVE FEEDERS FOR UPS!!
GO TEAMSTERS!!
NO MORE CAMERAS FOR ME!!
Is it true you have to show five years of verifiable experience of driving like a dick to get hired at Brown? I always wondered on a given night which one of the Brown drivers knows to drive 50 and which one 70? Are there straws involved?

Is it true you have to show five years of verifiable experience of driving like a dick to get hired at Brown? I always wondered on a given night which one of the Brown drivers knows to drive 50 and which one 70? Are there straws involved?

One got stuck in a door on a sort down for three hours and the other had a trailer ready to go when he got there. They get paid by the hour, all night. Every night. Only reason to hurry is if you have been held up waiting on whatever.

One got stuck in a door on a sort down for three hours and the other had a trailer ready to go when he got there. They get paid by the hour, all night. Every night. Only reason to hurry is if you have been held up waiting on whatever.
Sorry but I couldn't resist! It's every night headed down to Hodgkins.

Was that third offense?
I doubt you'll get an answer to that question, but let's say it was his third offense inside of a rolling 12 months. It was an easy termination offense to prevent because he was in the yard, rolling slow. Had he stopped and then answered the phone or called them back when stopped, he would have been ok. As far as I know there are only a few things you can be fired for drivecam and they include cell phones, speeding, and preventable crashes. If the offense is listed on the safety matrix, it's a mandatory letter. If the company makes exceptions to the safety policy for one driver, they have to do so for others or all drivers. When that happens then the safety policy goes right out the window.

Idling across gravel lot,looking for trailers.
Phone RANG.
FOS'S bad about printing double manifests or sending trailer with someone else. Thought maybe they were calling with alternate trailer assignments.

Picked up m phone to see who was calling, rolling across potholes,gravel.

Termination: Operating a handheld device while " driving 3 mph.
This was not your first time. Stupid on you to do it more than once. Good luck in your new job. You will not be missed.

There are rules to obey. Seems like he/she made a decision to disregard those rules. This is his/her fault. No pity here. Next.
Rules are the same for everyone? I agree if third strike then those are the rules, if there’s more to it then I’d like to hear more. I’ve seen people fired for appropriate reasons and wrongful firings, just trying to get as much info as possible

I doubt you'll get an answer to that question, but let's say it was his third offense inside of a rolling 12 months. It was an easy termination offense to prevent because he was in the yard, rolling slow. Had he stopped and then answered the phone or called them back when stopped, he would have been ok. As far as I know there are only a few things you can be fired for drivecam and they include cell phones, speeding, and preventable crashes. If the offense is listed on the safety matrix, it's a mandatory letter. If the company makes exceptions to the safety policy for one driver, they have to do so for others or all drivers. When that happens then the safety policy goes right out the window.

Everything else is out the window. What’s the difference ?