ODFL | Safety Bonus ?

I've received a few of them. And I don't understand the taxation on a bonus. I thought taxes could only be taken from earned wages.

The Safety Bonus was at one time posted in the Drivers Handbook. It used to show amounts for years of Safe Driving.
You could lose your Bonus for a speeding ticket (Company Truck or Personal Vech), hurt or away from job. These are the couple of things I know of.
Even Drivers that are now on the Dock collect Safety Bonus....... Go figure.
Heard at one time they were going change to Fuel Bonus/ ROI Score.

Bonus? Like real cash that I can use to buy stuff for my family? Holy :shit:t.....

Beats the hell outta safety points to get stuff from the company store...

Bonus? Like real cash that I can use to buy stuff for my family? Holy :shit:t.....

Beats the hell outta safety points to get stuff from the company store... Consider me a "happy camper"

The Safety Bonus was at one time posted in the Drivers Handbook. It used to show amounts for years of Safe Driving.
You could lose your Bonus for a speeding ticket (Company Truck or Personal Vech), hurt or away from job. These are the couple of things I know of.
Even Drivers that are now on the Dock collect Safety Bonus....... Go figure.
Heard at one time they were going change to Fuel Bonus/ ROI Score.

I was told by a regional safety manager that personal vehicle speeding tickets do not count against your personal vehicle. Hope it doesn't, I got one in the car this year...

Things that happen in your personal vehicle do not go against safety bonus. Only tickets for preventable accident will cause you to lose your safety bonus. Deer strikes do not cause you to lose a safety bonus either, so it's a good idea to keep a little deer hair in the glove box! Depending on the severity of the accident and how long you been without a preventable you may not lose it over a preventable accident either. I know of cases where the manager was able to have the bonus reduced by the amount of damage.