ODFL | Safety Bonus ?

Does over weight tickets go against bonus? I go through scale everyday on my P and D run. Some days our scale works and some days it 1000 or more off. Thanks

Just think how low the ROI scores would get if they incorporated the ROI into the SAFETY bonus. Or even quarterly bonus on the best ROIs.

Just think how low the ROI scores would get if they incorporated the ROI into the SAFETY bonus. Or even quarterly bonus on the best ROIs.
Dumbest idea ever. My going over 1500 rmp climbing Vail pass trying to get to the top before I spin out and get stuck has nothing to do with my safe driving. Me getting to the top and not blocking traffic or slipping back down hill into a family of 5 in a mini van has everything to do with my safe driving.

Only if there are assigned trucks and they have a way to remove bad readings from haywire sensors. When it shows 80 sudden stops in a day, or some people show all zeros when you know they don't drive that way, putting a bonus on the line is a bad idea. I can control my driving, I can't control their technology.

Also you can only accumulate CSA points in an inspection or accident. They removed the "over weight" points back in 2010. So the only way you can get points on your CSA score for being over weight is by getting in an accident. All this info can be found on the internet. So it must be true!

Last edited:
Only if there are assigned trucks and they have a way to remove bad readings from haywire sensors. When it shows 80 sudden stops in a day, or some people show all zeros when you know they don't drive that way, putting a bonus on the line is a bad idea. I can control my driving, I can't control their technology.
You can clear the Blu unit each time you get in. Look at these icons, engine (tap), eng data (tap). This should bring you to the point of showing you the max speed/rpm/idle time. Scroll down and look at them, then tap driver and clear, do the same for vehicle. Now you can check at the end of your day (prior to logging out) your performance. Keep track of this daily and ask Dispatcher for a copy daily. This will show you your true ROI.
Hope this helps.

You being a driver trainer and all should know those tickets are non-moving violations. If they are on his record or his CSA you as a driver trainer should inform him he can get those expunged from his record by writing or contacting the DataQs system.
Yes, but as a Driver Trainer. I do not hear about things unless a Driver brings it to me. Yes, I would refer them to DataQ.

Dumbest idea ever. My going over 1500 rmp climbing Vail pass trying to get to the top before I spin out and get stuck has nothing to do with my safe driving. Me getting to the top and not blocking traffic or slipping back down hill into a family of 5 in a mini van has everything to do with my safe driving.
Read what you wrote again.....does going over 1500rpm actually produce more torque then changing to a lower gear and holding between 1300-1400rpm?
Yes, being concerned about SAFETY is #1.

Read what you wrote again.....does going over 1500rpm actually produce more torque then changing to a lower gear and holding between 1300-1400rpm?

Going up a slick hill is all about reducing power to drive wheels while maintaining maximum momentum thus keeping you from spinning out. How is that accomplished? High rpms. Then you don't have to mash on the accelerator so you don't break traction.

I don't need to read it again. I know what i said. Your ideas are good, but in the real world not always plausible. I don't want too be dropping gears when I have the possibility of spinning out. You don't get second chances to maintain your speed on the roads and hills I have to climb. If my ROI suffers a little I'm okay with that.

Overweight fines are not moving violations, so they do not go on your license or CSA. Th only concern for CSA I have is in finding another job, which I'm not looking for so it's inconsequential.

I'll second, they do go on your record. I put a little single axle over a bit and found out personally :19: