ODFL | Safety issues

IMO, when dock conditions are so bad that it is nearly impossible to move, dock operations should be suspended. It is ridiculous to sit and watch 50 dock workers burning the sh1t out of the tires on forklifts trying to get out of trailers. The cost of lost productivity, accidents ( and possible lawsuits), forklift damage, freight dameage (How many drums get punctured when it's slick on the dock?).

I think I may have been in IND the day after the snow you were talking about. Of course I did not see the inside of the dock. That was kind of unusual for IND wasn't it.

There is one safety issue Id like to see addressed. We are wearing all black and it gets dark early in the winter. Id like to put some reflective material on my coat. I asked the safety guy, he said do you want the company to do it. I dont care Ill spend the $10.00 to put it on. He said he will bring it up.

There is one safety issue Id like to see addressed. We are wearing all black and it gets dark early in the winter. Id like to put some reflective material on my coat. I asked the safety guy, he said do you want the company to do it. I dont care Ill spend the $10.00 to put it on. He said he will bring it up.

Mooresville Moose said something about that earlier,maybe he'll come on tonight and give us an update.

it would be nice to have reflective vest to wear at night the lighting at some terms stink look back through this thread at what happend at ups in st. louis that could easily happen at one of our terminals god willing it doesn't ever happen

The dangers on the YARD are often overlooked. But, the dangers there are REAL , like the ST. LOUIS tragedy. WORK SAFE GUYS !

oh ok. i was thinking maybe it was something at the OD St louis terminal i was there today and they had a tractor fire earlier and you could the see the tractor was destroyed.

Hey guys I have the perfect solution for all of this reflective wear.Go to JCY and drink some of their water and you'll glow for a few days ok,no need for spending money:hysterical: I was in St Louis the day after that truck caught fire.I was told a city driver drove it on the yard,went inside,came back out and it was on fire!That truck burned up very bad,worse than the one I had but there again the ASH guys went and got every extuingisher they could find.My truck that caught fire was the 3rd one that I had heard about or seen,the one in St Louis is number 6.

Hey guys I have the perfect solution for all of this reflective wear.Go to JCY and drink some of their water and you'll glow for a few days ok,no need for spending money:hysterical: I was in St Louis the day after that truck caught fire.I was told a city driver drove it on the yard,went inside,came back out and it was on fire!That truck burned up very bad,worse than the one I had but there again the ASH guys went and got every extuingisher they could find.My truck that caught fire was the 3rd one that I had heard about or seen,the one in St Louis is number 6.

Were they different series ?

When it warms up I don't have a problem with the reflective tape.My legs glow in the dark!They will blind you in the daylight if you don't have sunglasses.Not to mention my head when I take my hat off!:funky:

When it warms up I don't have a problem with the reflective tape.My legs glow in the dark!They will blind you in the daylight if you don't have sunglasses.Not to mention my head when I take my hat off!:funky:

I've heard it all,a truck driver that shines in the dark.