ABF | Saftey

GO40

TB Legend
Credits
How does ABF justify having the safety guy pass or fail a future employee when he doesn’t have a cdl & never did? What happens if their is a medical emergency or some other mishap where he has to drive the truck?

How does ABF justify having the safety guy pass or fail a future employee when he doesn’t have a cdl & never did? What happens if their is a medical emergency or some other mishap where he has to drive the truck?
One of the drivers does it where I’m at. Our safety guy is an ex Kansas highway patrol, so he knows his stuff.

One of the drivers does it where I’m at. Our safety guy is an ex Kansas highway patrol, so he knows his stuff.
Ours was an ex Fla HP, never met him on the road that he didn't pay for your meal.

The safety person for 086 is Bruce Bugg. He was a captain with the Ga. State patrol, (gsp = gods special police). I served in Germany in the 1980's with a friend who served under Buggs in the GSP and he spoke highly of Buggs as a captain. But Buggs doesn't do hiring or have anything to do with the hiring process, as near as I can tell.

The safety person for 086 is Bruce Bugg. He was a captain with the Ga. State patrol, (gsp = gods special police). I served in Germany in the 1980's with a friend who served under Buggs in the GSP and he spoke highly of Buggs as a captain. But Buggs doesn't do hiring or have anything to do with the hiring process, as near as I can tell.
That’s why I posted what I did how can someone without a cdl & never drove be in charge of hiring?

boss-hoss.jpg I heard a rumor at CF that this was the safety guy for ABF in Little Rock.
I hate to say this, but Bufford T. Justice would be an improvement over the Safety Man we have (had). I won't go into details about it, but the man is on a 30 day leave pending an investigation of some things he did that ABF considered inappropriate. Let's just say, he probably won't be back. ABF381 is the only person on here that I have shared the details with in a private message.

Being partially color blind, nothing is more fun then on a road test(now this goes back to the 80"s before Hippa) and he's looking over your records and about the time he asks how color blind you are , you beat him by asking what color the light is at the busiest intersection on the road test.

Safety Critter?

Oh my. Im glad most of my outfits no longer exist where I can run riot with stories about them.

I remember one sitting on his desk like a lump carefully going over the crap on paper as I detailed the technical physics side why the 18 wheeler went off the way she did in driver talk.

He sat there and blinked. I towed him outside into the yard, started pointing at the various parts of the rig explaining the forces of how a trailer can take you off the road if you let it scrape a little snow on say I-44 in MO.

Oh. Why are you on that road if you knew there was a problem driver?

The resulting conversation led to a quit in a few minutes. He could not be bothered. We lost so much time over something that was easier written up and move on. In Dollars? Oh about two days worth of income and change. What a mess. I don't think he has his ass in a semi at any time in his position.

Safety Critter?

Oh my. Im glad most of my outfits no longer exist where I can run riot with stories about them.

I remember one sitting on his desk like a lump carefully going over the crap on paper as I detailed the technical physics side why the 18 wheeler went off the way she did in driver talk.

He sat there and blinked. I towed him outside into the yard, started pointing at the various parts of the rig explaining the forces of how a trailer can take you off the road if you let it scrape a little snow on say I-44 in MO.

Oh. Why are you on that road if you knew there was a problem driver?

The resulting conversation led to a quit in a few minutes. He could not be bothered. We lost so much time over something that was easier written up and move on. In Dollars? Oh about two days worth of income and change. What a mess. I don't think he has his ass in a semi at any time in his position.
Different strokes for different folks, if ours caught you with a new truck or one someone bragged or complained about, he may let you drive his car while he drove your truck 50 miles.
He would say you owed him mileage pay.

We had one years ago who sniffed drivers as they staggered into the dispatch counter for traces of alcohol still on their clothing from debauchery the previous evening.

SNIFF.... YOU. Take cup. Fill it. Be fast.

Now we have a sniffer as president. Ech...

We had one years ago who sniffed drivers as they staggered into the dispatch counter for traces of alcohol still on their clothing from debauchery the previous evening.

SNIFF.... YOU. Take cup. Fill it. Be fast.

Now we have a sniffer as president. Ech...
Dispatcher... Are you going anywhere on Vacation, Answer Jamaica. First day back from vacation....Dispatcher... Here's the paperwork, your name came up for a random test. Happens every time.

I hate to say this, but Bufford T. Justice would be an improvement over the Safety Man we have (had). I won't go into details about it, but the man is on a 30 day leave pending an investigation of some things he did that ABF considered inappropriate. Let's just say, he probably won't be back. ABF381 is the only person on here that I have shared the details with in a private message.
The details are safe with me SOR..... I won't tell anyone he stole your cousin from you....

Dispatcher... Are you going anywhere on Vacation, Answer Jamaica. First day back from vacation....Dispatcher... Here's the paperwork, your name came up for a random test. Happens every time.
The first day back from vacation, just after punching the clock I always expect to be sent to the terminal office for a 'Random' drug test. I can play their game & milk the clock for about an hour drinking water & waiting for my kidneys to work. There was a woman that did the test for a while. She was easy to look at & talk to.

The first day back from vacation, just after punching the clock I always expect to be sent to the terminal office for a 'Random' drug test. I can play their game & milk the clock for about an hour drinking water & waiting for my kidneys to work. There was a woman that did the test for a while. She was easy to look at & talk to.
Can't recall a half dozen randoms in Charl, doesn't mean they didn't happen.
I've never had a test except at our physical.