XPO | sales reps

I guess the middle ground is those that are glad to be working but upset that they put in more than 100% for years, could see the pot o' gold at the end (retirement) only to get near the pot and find it's a lot smaller than promised. Now they see that they will have to keep working past retirement age, more than likely a full time job.

Physically, mentally and morale tired after putting in hard work for promises that have been reduced. They (for most part) are of the age where the bones hurt, hair has receded and teeth are falling out. Sorry had to add that bit of humor so it doesn't look so bleak :thumbsup:

Absolutley, not a rumor, about 30% of us were let go.
really sorry to hear that , i guess if its any help now at least you have some good hard core experince under your belt as you have been with one of the most demanding companys around. could you tell us what was their reasoning

This is the second wholesale sales purge in three years.

No worries. We have NASCAR.

First off, for all the guys that are negative, don't be, it is still a good profitable company to be working for. The decisions taken on Monday were purely business decisions. The they will be making the territories larger per AE, therefor shrinking the size of each sales region to 14-16 AE's instead of what once was around 20-25 a few years ago.
Stay positive folks!! As John says, Tough times don't last........

First off, for all the guys that are negative, don't be, it is still a good profitable company to be working for. The decisions taken on Monday were purely business decisions. The they will be making the territories larger per AE, therefor shrinking the size of each sales region to 14-16 AE's instead of what once was around 20-25 a few years ago.
Still a sizable increase of customers per remaining sales rep?

ok thanks, your right it is still a good company, been with the co. 19 yrs. now. it still gets me though that people in some mgmt. positions can continue to make some bonehead decisions that are negative toward the growth of the co. and still keep their jobs, let a driver do that and he is gone. they really need someone watching these so-called mgrs. more closely

I hope you find something as good if not better and very soon :thumbsup:

These 'business decisions' certainly seem to be affecting a lot of people.

At last count I think we up 1500+ people who have had to deal with these quality 'decisions'...

Although tough times do not last...I think these economic terminations that are handed out like candy at Easter are kind of permanent.

Now that these good folks have this extra time on their hands they can follow the antics of Colin Braun, the wonderboy of Con-Way frivolity...

Afterall...they paid for it.

Rat

couldnt agree more, they defianately undercut themselves in hopes of YRC shutting down and now its coming back to bite them in the butts. with hiring freezes, cut wages, lost benefits, cut jobs, its not looking good, the better pull their heads out and get it together before we are watching everyday to see if conway is staying open or not, and YRC is sitting back plotting how to handle OUR extra freight!!!

Con-way is not going anywhere so don't get your hopes up. At my barn we were more busy than I can rembember for this time of year. Lots of work to be done, lots of hours to go around. WTF

this is a long rant and I have rat to thank for teaching me how to go on and on and on and on and on. Thanks Rat!

Well funny you should bring up the insurance thing. Health insurance at no cost to the employee was one of our benefits that they are now charging us for. They keep on taking, that's the problem. Yes, it is still a lot less than what others pay but my point that it used to be a benefit that we now have to pay part of.

When they started the company, they told everyone why they should work here. It was because of the benefits. We have better insurance and other benefits than union companies do. We had "management" insurance. Now I am on a damn HMO that I partially have to pay for. Dental that used to be 100% now down to 80% and so on. That doesn't sound like the insurance they promised us.

So, I know that times have changed and the economy, inflation, deflation, weather, what we get paid, what they charge us for and so on is changing. What I am saying and it is not complaining is that we have less and less everyday. So, if you want to call others out about their complaining, maybe you should sit back and really see where we started and where we are today. I am sure you will see a huge loss in "benefits".

It is not negativity, it is fact. Take away something from somebody, they are going to complain. Keep taking and they will keep complaining. Now I am not saying this is not a good place to work but if you could only see what it used to be then you would understand.

Ahhhh....yes!! ....what it used to be....the good ol days. I agree bigfoot....i also get tired of the broken promises!!::shit::

did a bunch of sales reps get let go yesterday???
just wondering if it was a big rumor
thanks for the help

Well I was informed of this rumor at my barn sat am. I was sworn to secrecy of the details until monday, but it sounds like some are being let go or pushed out. Sounds like a ::shit:: deal at our place!!

In our area every terminal lost an A.E. even those who only had one. No salesman; who thought that was an improvement,excuse me enhancement.