XPO | sales reps

In our area every terminal lost an A.E. even those who only had one. No salesman; who thought that was an improvement,excuse me enhancement.

There were some weight and inspection people let go also

This not a good omen...

These are people in the money generating chain...especially the AEs.

If they let AEs go from terminals that had only one...then who is going to service the customer?

The W&I people also have contributions to the bottom line.

The folks in the field generate money as opposed to the people in Ann Arbor who control the money.

If there is no money generated then there is no money to control.

Seems to me someone is shooting themselves in the foot.

Does anyone have a logical intelligent take on why this is/has been done?

Rat

Some locations had a to many w/i inspectors rat.. they also spent time with customers helping them correct there bill of ladings so they would not keep getting dinged with extra charges .. in other words they did help the bottom line but they did their job to well by working with the shippers...

Some locations had a to many w/i inspectors rat.. they also spent time with customers helping them correct there bill of ladings so they would not keep getting dinged with extra charges .. in other words they did help the bottom line but they did their job to well by working with the shippers...

And as the story goes, do a good job and things will run smoother.....................to the point of you not being needed anymore.

Our senior AE was "economically terminated" on monday. He was a DAY ONE employee with Conway and helped start the terminal I was from before it was closed last year and we all were moved. He had won many many sales awards, and had millions and millions of dollars of accounts. He recently earned a sales award and received a Lincoln MKX as a company car instead of the standard Ford that is given out. And now for the kicker.....he was waiting for his home to sell so he could retire! He was set to retire anytime. The sales territories at our terminal had recently been reworked and he went from having 80+ accounts to a measly 20 accounts. The regional sales dept knew he was looking to retire so they wanted to push him out. Well, they pushed him out finally! What a great company we work for!! :shit:shit:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::ranting:

Many of our customers are irate!! I expect us to lose alot of freight from certain customers. I know for a fact were going to lose freight. Some of our customers are still ticked off because Conway closed our local terminal and moved us farther away. Our service in some areas really suffered when they closed our barn and this is gonna seal the deal for some to finally sever their relationship with Conway. And I don't blame them one bit!!!:ranting::ranting:

Our senior AE was "economically terminated" on monday. He was a DAY ONE employee with Conway and helped start the terminal I was from before it was closed last year and we all were moved. He had won many many sales awards, and had millions and millions of dollars of accounts. He recently earned a sales award and received a Lincoln MKX as a company car instead of the standard Ford that is given out. And now for the kicker.....he was waiting for his home to sell so he could retire! He was set to retire anytime. The sales territories at our terminal had recently been reworked and he went from having 80+ accounts to a measly 20 accounts. The regional sales dept knew he was looking to retire so they wanted to push him out. Well, they pushed him out finally! What a great company we work for!! :shit:shit:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::ranting:

Many of our customers are irate!! I expect us to lose alot of freight from certain customers. I know for a fact were going to lose freight. Some of our customers are still ticked off because Conway closed our local terminal and moved us farther away. Our service in some areas really suffered when they closed our barn and this is gonna seal the deal for some to finally sever their relationship with Conway. And I don't blame them one bit!!!:ranting::ranting:

This is the company we work for.

This is not the first ime this has happened.

There was the SCM in XTO who was one of the originals got adiosed...and then there was the the Executive Assistant to Bill C. (former RM from XCN) who was eco-termed after 22 years with the company...then entire inside sales staff...the data processing center people...and God only knows how many others...ad nauseum...

I have read many posts about what a great guy John L. has been...sorry...just don't see it!

It appears he is just another one of Con-Way's bean counters that have little or no use for people of longevity...ready to retire?...CYA...bye...bye...

This will eventually bite them.

There is a 'spirit' to things...and what you give to others in vehement prejudice you receive in kind.

It is a sad commentary on what could be great company...

Rat

Just thinking, if the decision to reduce by 1 salesman was made, maybe it was decided that the one about to retire would be the choice that did less damage? Would you rather a guy with 5 years was cut, and then this guy retired next week, reducing by 2? Maybe he even agreed to it.

Just thinking, if the decision to reduce by 1 salesman was made, maybe it was decided that the one about to retire would be the choice that did less damage? Would you rather a guy with 5 years was cut, and then this guy retired next week, reducing by 2? Maybe he even agreed to it.

Oh believe me, he didn't agree to it. He has many contacts out there in the freight world and has received a half dozen job offers. We will be losing freight!!!

We don't even need sales reps.We have such a great reputation that customers are fighting with each other for the chance to put their freight on our trrailers.