XPO | Samsara camera updates - pilot program

I love how the Feds always point to the public comments. Yeah they have them, I don’t think they actually listen to them. And their cost benefit analysis, it was supposed to save 26 deaths annually, there are 11 deaths per day from drowning in swimming pools according the the CDC. How did they do that analysis?
They count the gurgles?

I would not worry about the cameras.
Your right. There’s nothing you can do to stop it and that’s the way the majority of the drivers want It. The company heard that when they rejected organizing efforts .The company is just doing what they want of the drivers consent of the majority . I think you guys just should live with it . You put your trust in them now live with it.
I don’t want to here any chit over this because it’s exactly what others tried to tell you in many ways as to what was in store for you . Just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
Your right. There’s nothing you can do to stop it and that’s the way the majority of the drivers want It. The company heard that when they rejected organizing efforts .The company is just doing what they want of the drivers consent of the majority . I think you guys just should live with it . You put your trust in them now live with it.
I don’t want to hear any chit over this because it’s exactly what others tried to tell you in many ways as to what was in store for you . Just the tip of the iceberg.
Hey if they want to see me pick my nose, scratch my balls, and whatever else I do to stay awake in the morning, more power to them. If they want to fire me go ahead. I’ve got a clean driving record with a valid hazmat, I can find work elsewhere. But I’ve decided that I’ll be here till that time or the time the gate is locked. I’m more worried about a company that will spend money for no real return. Cause if they spend money like that then the doors will be shuttered real quick.

Hey if they want to see me pick my nose, scratch my balls, and whatever else I do to stay awake in the morning, more power to them. If they want to fire me go ahead. I’ve got a clean driving record with a valid hazmat, I can find work elsewhere. But I’ve decided that I’ll be here till that time or the time the gate is locked. I’m more worried about a company that will spend money for no real return. Cause if they spend money like that then the doors will be shuttered real quick.
It’s about managing a revolving workforce. The constant influx of new trainees and accepting of a lower quality workforce is the motivation behind it . Every aspect of your employment will now be monitored. Samsara, motor moves and hour and stops per hour will all be consistently monitored.
You just have to live with it .

Last edited:
Such a weird attitude tbh

I think it’s funny that those who scream about our country turning more Communist in behavior are strangely ok with most intrusive state monitoring like Intrusion. I know it’s a private company but the act is very much like it.

It’s about managing a revolving workforce. The constant influx of new trainees and accepting of a lower quality workforce is the motivation behind it .
Is that why just about every XPO trailer I set eyes on look like it been runnin around Beirut?

Is that why just about every XPO trailer I set eyes on look like it been runnin around Beirut?
Don’t know for sure but under Jacobs things got real ratty looking. I’m hoping it’s something the new leadership addresses .

Hell the trailers are nice. You should see inside some of these buildings they make Beirut look like a vacation resort. Can't get stuff fixed because vendors don't want to do work for a company that drags out paying them for 90 day. There are tow companies that wont even take a tow call from XPO. I seen tow companies demand payment before taking the truck off the hook.

So does anyone know what barn have agreed to this pilot program. Everyone I talked to at the FAC has told them to go pound sand

Come on OV-10 we know you doing it. I saw you truck and you had 3 cams in there to make sure they get all you great looking angles.... 🎦🤳📸

Last edited:
Heck with them! If they want to treat employees like Chit And put them under constant surveillance so be it. The drivers will go to the competition and that’s that.

Well who drives the truck? Who speeding? Now I'm not saying it's all of us, but 497 unsafe driving violation in the last 24 months. 229 of them for speeding. Most of these violation are easy fixes one being speeding. Here just take a look around at some of the dumb violation drivers here got in the last 24 month
ummm,we have outstanding grades in every category ,except vehicle maintenance,read the graphs,we are under 1 in every category

Let's not overlook the benefits. Samsara claims to make you a better driver so lets say you install it.

In no time XPO is winning the national truck driving championships, there are press releases about it, insurance claims drop to zero,, business explodes and pay goes up. Just think about it.

ummm,we have outstanding grades in every category ,except vehicle maintenance,read the graphs,we are under 1 in every category
You are correct. Now a deeper look show that out of 2,479 Violations, in the past 24 months, 634 were for inoperable lighting. That's 25% of the violations. 78 for tires tread depth. 47 were for no vehicle inspection sticker or proof of inspection. 27 for inop/defective windshield wipers. 19 Mud flap violation. 16 for no/discharged/unsecured fire extinguisher. 9 missing or loose lug nuts.
A total of 830 violation or 1/3 of all violation are simple items found during a pre-trip inspection. Yes you can sit here and argue that lights burn out, mud flap fall off, but the fire extinguisher one really....That why I keep mine strapped into it's bracket so it doesn't run away. Also all of these missed violation did not require you at any time to crawl under the vehicle. Just to look and open your eyes. Though some will require you to bend at the waist to see, like the lug nuts.

I stop a driver leaving the FAC that had a brake can hanging by the airlines. The mount was broken. His word were "I check the lights and tires and that's it. I guess he couldn't bend at the waist.
Stop pull and driving O/S equipment.