Holland | See you in the Unemployment line......

Just a note to everyone that this may apply to.

To all of the city drivers who spend more time trying to get out of work, than they actually spend working. To those who live way beyond their financial means, and constantly steal time from the company, trying to support their spending habit. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

To the line haul drivers that stop for their break, two miles from their destination terminal, just to delay the freight. To the line haul drivers that will do anything possible to get past their "click" for lay over pay. We'll see you in the unemployment line.

To the dock workers that would risk damaging a piece of freight, rather than get off the forklift to protect the freight by using the proper handling equipment. And to the dock worker who could care less about the load that he is loading. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

To the dock supervisors who make the poor business decisions, trying to take care of your favorite drivers, instead of making good business decisions that are in the best interest of the company. And to the dock supervisors that are costing the company money by adding to their favorite drivers overtime, even when they are not needed, instead of sending them home. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

To the terminal managers who watch your terminal fall apart structurally and financially, but refuse to make any proper business decision changes. To the terminal managers that refuse to run their terminal like it's their own business, instead you sit back and watch it crumble as though you don't have a dime invested. To the terminal managers that have just given up on their operation. We'll see you in the unemployment line.

To the regional managers who oversee the operations that are failing, yet do absolutely nothing to correct the problems. To the regional managers who are too busy kissing your boss' backside trying to move up the corporate ladder, instead of looking good by overseeing your operations, and taking corrective action. To the regional managers who don't have the guts to take corrective action against the managers that you oversee. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

To the corporate executives who have more concern for your own massive paycheck and bonus. To the corporate executives that could care less about how many lives you destroy, while only worrying about your own self interests. To the corporate executives who can not understand that the blue collar people are what makes a company successful. To the corporate executive who fails to promote a team atmosphere. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

It's been a good ride.
We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

Well spoken Sir!

Well spoken Sir!
Thanks Hooty.
There sure have been several attempts on here to divert the attention away from the fact that most people refuse to do their job. But, it is probably easier to just attack the poster, versus admit that we, management and employees, are not even helping our own cause.

My whole post was to open people's eyes on the fact that if we continue down this same road, we will end up in the Unenjoyment line. (even though some missed the point) Because it's easier to jump on the attack band wagon, instead of analyzing the post.

Bickering over who spilled the milk

Just a note to everyone that this may apply to.

To all of the city drivers who spend more time trying to get out of work, than they actually spend working. To those who live way beyond their financial means, and constantly steal time from the company, trying to support their spending habit. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

To the line haul drivers that stop for their break, two miles from their destination terminal, just to delay the freight. To the line haul drivers that will do anything possible to get past their "click" for lay over pay. We'll see you in the unemployment line.

To the dock workers that would risk damaging a piece of freight, rather than get off the forklift to protect the freight by using the proper handling equipment. And to the dock worker who could care less about the load that he is loading. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

To the dock supervisors who make the poor business decisions, trying to take care of your favorite drivers, instead of making good business decisions that are in the best interest of the company. And to the dock supervisors that are costing the company money by adding to their favorite drivers overtime, even when they are not needed, instead of sending them home. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

To the terminal managers who watch your terminal fall apart structurally and financially, but refuse to make any proper business decision changes. To the terminal managers that refuse to run their terminal like it's their own business, instead you sit back and watch it crumble as though you don't have a dime invested. To the terminal managers that have just given up on their operation. We'll see you in the unemployment line.

To the regional managers who oversee the operations that are failing, yet do absolutely nothing to correct the problems. To the regional managers who are too busy kissing your boss' backside trying to move up the corporate ladder, instead of looking good by overseeing your operations, and taking corrective action. To the regional managers who don't have the guts to take corrective action against the managers that you oversee. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

To the corporate executives who have more concern for your own massive paycheck and bonus. To the corporate executives that could care less about how many lives you destroy, while only worrying about your own self interests. To the corporate executives who can not understand that the blue collar people are what makes a company successful. To the corporate executive who fails to promote a team atmosphere. We'll see you in the Unemployment line.

It's been a good ride.
We'll see you in the Unemployment line.
The sign above the entrance gate at Auschwitz said “hard work shall set you free”
Im not lazy on the job but im not fool enough to work over and above, I did my
Job and completed my tasks in a timely manner. I did my part, I am a laid off dockworker.
I’ll never find another full time teamster dock job again thanks to the union selling its dockworkers
Out to part time casuals, the company screws us in every way they can every chance they get.
We have the union selling us out on one end and yrc screwing us on the other. So in a nutshell and in the context of the opening line,
It doesn’t matter what side of the fence you’re on your fate will be the same, see you in the unemployment Line.

I have nothing to be embarrassed about. But, some folks should be ashamed of themselves if they shut our doors. Because they have contributed to a lot of Teamsters losing their job.
You aren't trying to rally everyone against me are you?:biglaugh:
I make no apologies for doing my job and trying to help this company to survive. So far, the TB members seem to think that we are all out their busting our tail every day. If everyone thinks that we are all giving a fair days work for a fair days pay, it is no wonder why we are struggling as a company, based on what I witness every day.

By the way, I seem to have struck a nerve with the hard working brothers. But, it you go back and re-read my original post, I included everyone from top to bottom. Not just the Union guys.

I did leave out the worthless salesmen, and the worthless Union representatives. But, they both will end up in the unemployment line also.

But like every other category that I listed. There are some good ones.

im not against you but give us a break dude :biglaugh:
teamsters in the past fought hard for this break, dont try to turn the clock backwards 'cause the ole yeller dog is ruining another company....
Ive never heard so much crap about teamsters blaming follow brothers for something that in the works years ago that we have no control over.....
but this isnt the only post where teamsters are absolutely turning the blame on their own kind
everything will turn out ok or not with teamsters taking safety breaks or not ..... its a numbers game
rest up and chill out .... :shift:
peace dude

teamsters in the past fought hard for this break,
You have missed the point Bro. I specified in my post...."Taking a lunch break, two miles from the terminal, just to delay the load". I'm not advocating for anyone to skip their breaks. Because it's in the contract. And everyone has the right (and should) take their breaks. It's the two miles from the terminal part, just to screw the company, that I disagree with.
dont try to turn the clock backwards 'cause the ole yeller dog is ruining another company....
I'm not trying to alter what we have fought for in any way, shape or form. I respect what we have in our contract.
.....we have no control over.....but this isnt the only post where teamsters are absolutely turning the blame on their own kind.
I believe that we can only help our cause by doing our job. So part of it IS in our control. Nobody has to go over and beyond a fair days work for a fair days pay. But, I witness many guys that have fallen a little short of a fair days work for a fair days pay.
And I included most management departments also. So I'm not turning on my Teamster Brothers. I'm only highlighting what I witness.

Thanks Hooty.
There sure have been several attempts on here to divert the attention away from the fact that most people refuse to do their job. But, it is probably easier to just attack the poster, versus admit that we, management and employees, are not even helping our own cause.

My whole post was to open people's eyes on the fact that if we continue down this same road, we will end up in the Unenjoyment line. (even though some missed the point) Because it's easier to jump on the attack band wagon, instead of analyzing the post.

I agree totally, Good post.

If this company that I love to work for (Holland) goes down, at least I can say I have done my part. I run hard and don't open that drivers door. The yard guys can set a clock on me to be in an hour before my ETA. They laugh about it but thats just the way I roll! Who cares, never mind!

Shoe.....I CARE.........and I think I can speak for Flash as well....There are many of us that do still care and the ones that don't are laid off and probably have no chance of ever returning. (sad to say) I sure hope I am wrong about that though.

Flash....I think your tread was VERY well spoken...I know at our terminal I have heard people say they didn't care if she shut down tomorrow...they don't need this job anyway..What a bunch of bullshit..

Some excuses we often see at our terminal are:

Couldn't get to the dock so I brought these 8 boxes back that weight 100 lbs.

This chair needs to be on a short trailer, couldn't get to the dock.

This pallet of 80 boxes weighing 250 lbs needs to be on a lift gate.

With these types of excuses....I blame both the Union driver and management, because if I were in management I would fire his lazy ***. I may have to pay him in the long run but he would have plenty of time to think about it and may reconsider where or not to deliever something the next time.

And besides that, what kind of example is that lazy *** setting for all of us as a Union.....Years ago, men fought hard for what we have today, and they worked hard for the same. Now, we have a bunch of lazy *** workers helping loose it and sorry *** management that won't, or is scared, to do any thing about it......Thanks to all of you that do do your jobs every day and for those of you that don't or don't need this job..........Give it some serious thought......Good luck to all !!!!!!!!

A Tribute to northernflashinthepan

im not against you but give us a break dude :biglaugh:
teamsters in the past fought hard for this break, dont try to turn the clock backwards 'cause the ole yeller dog is ruining another company....
Ive never heard so much crap about teamsters blaming follow brothers for something that in the works years ago that we have no control over.....
but this isnt the only post where teamsters are absolutely turning the blame on their own kind
everything will turn out ok or not with teamsters taking safety breaks or not ..... its a numbers game
rest up and chill out .... :shift:
peace dude

I have to agree with you caddy, it's like the civil war, brother against brother. Everybody rats on everybody else, right northernflashinthepan?? If it wasn't for this dedicated group of individual (s) such as northernflashinthepan, that work so hard, gives so much and have a strong work ethic Holland would have gone under years ago.

Thanks northernflashinthepan for missing all you breaks and lunches and donating the proceeds to the company you are the best.:eck13:

sirocelot:popcorn:

All the answers

What's your point? We all do what we can humanly possible. But when hedge fund managers have insurance on debt owed for more that the debt's worth, They want to fail to make a profit. Thank your repuglican president Ronaldo Reaganini for allowing this type of business dealings to take place as never before in the history of our Great Nation!
Don't blame us workers for what these management of Reagans dream economy have done... That's class War Fare... As Warren Buffet said... his side's winning and you and me pick up the crumbs.
But don't blame the workers DANG!::shit:::eck13:

Sounds like northenflashinthepan has all the answers, maybe
he should run for union president and company CEO, what do you think:popcorn:

some of my bros. say like some of these guys (gals) work themselves right of a job .... like no breaks, top-lining, falsifying logs etc etc ... yeaaaaaaa ..... i see it everyday too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIVIDED WE FALL :shift:

unemployment line

same thing that happend at alvan motor and look what happend to them a lot of those drivers are still out god speed guys

A plea from a brother to northern flash in the pan

Thanks Hooty.

OK, northernflash in the pan, you want post analysis, here it is, you are an egocentric, self absorbed, narcicist, other than that you might be a good guy.

My point is, that you spend too much time watching the working habits of other employees instead of worrying about your self. In your little bitty brain you have convinced yourself that you are the example of how other people should do their work, how dare you!!!

In your employee watching time, have you ever noticed that everyone is different? that not everyone looks like or works like the Great northern flash in the pan. Check it out bro the next time you are making your one sided observations.

You, northernflash in the pan and you alone have embarked on a crusade to belittle, to embarrass to demean us union brothers, your reason? fear of the unknown, the fear of UNEMPLOYMENT from a company that for whatever reason has gotten caught in this economic turmoil, yes pal fear.

You are blaming your brothers and we are not the blame. Honest.

I expect to hear the terms you use such as, "no work ethic, laziness, they are protected by the union", actually, by non-union critics, but not from a brother man. So next time you are making your one sided observations give your brothers the benefit of the doubt I'm sure that they will do the same for you.

Brother, what I'm saying is, come back to the hood, the brotherhood, you don't have to be repentant or conciliatory, just come back all will be forgiven. We are your brothers, hard working brothers just like you.

sir ocelot:popcorn:

OK, northernflash in the pan, you want post analysis, here it is, you are an egocentric, self absorbed, narcicist, other than that you might be a good guy.

My point is, that you spend too much time watching the working habits of other employees instead of worrying about your self. In your little bitty brain you have convinced yourself that you are the example of how other people should do their work, how dare you!!!

In your employee watching time, have you ever noticed that everyone is different? that not everyone looks like or works like the Great northern flash in the pan. Check it out bro the next time you are making your one sided observations.

You, northernflash in the pan and you alone have embarked on a crusade to belittle, to embarrass to demean us union brothers, your reason? fear of the unknown, the fear of UNEMPLOYMENT from a company that for whatever reason has gotten caught in this economic turmoil, yes pal fear.

You are blaming your brothers and we are not the blame. Honest.

I expect to hear the terms you use such as, "no work ethic, laziness, they are protected by the union", actually, by non-union critics, but not from a brother man. So next time you are making your one sided observations give your brothers the benefit of the doubt I'm sure that they will do the same for you.

Brother, what I'm saying is, come back to the hood, the brotherhood, you don't have to be repentant or conciliatory, just come back all will be forgiven. We are your brothers, hard working brothers just like you.

sir ocelot:popcorn:
too bad benny deleted your post

You have missed the point Bro. I specified in my post...."Taking a lunch break, two miles from the terminal, just to delay the load". I'm not advocating for anyone to skip their breaks. Because it's in the contract. And everyone has the right (and should) take their breaks. It's the two miles from the terminal part, just to screw the company, that I disagree with. I'm not trying to alter what we have fought for in any way, shape or form. I respect what we have in our contract. I believe that we can only help our cause by doing our job. So part of it IS in our control. Nobody has to go over and beyond a fair days work for a fair days pay. But, I witness many guys that have fallen a little short of a fair days work for a fair days pay.
And I included most management departments also. So I'm not turning on my Teamster Brothers. I'm only highlighting what I witness.

maybe you should be working .....

i could not help replying to the alvan comment, they were the gangbusters around here ever since i have been at holland, working 15hrs a day, skipping breaks and eating lunch on there 12th hour, speeding, backing up to the overhead door to pallet jack 15 skids to the back because they couldnt wait, and lovin every minute of it. i used to look forward everyday to see a alvan driver at a stop because it was great entertainment sitting in the chair watching them go like a madman. and just think, look were all that got them . they didnt even have the decency to give them their last weeks paycheck.And if anyone thinks that they are not going to do this to us someday hasnt been around here very long.:shift:

There has been one infraction for rule 3. and one warning for reposting a deleted post in this thread. I will never give anyone a break on this again. If anyone reposts something that I've deleted for a rule violation, they will receive that same infraction as the person that posted it originally. When debating a subject, attack the post and not the poster. Attack the subject of a post and not the poster, last warning.

the demise of the company is creating hositility between drivers ....
fear is real for some... others have no fear
the demise of a once good respectful job has taken the toll which holland drivers used to be known as happy holland drivers and they respected each other ....
hositility is real even in the non-trucking world ....right benny?
good luck to all ....

Thing's are rough for many people right now that haven't experienced anything like this before. Some people admit they're worried and some say they're not. Truckingboards is a place for everyone to voice their own opinions, within the established guidelines or rules. We're all here looking for answers to many different questions that we all have. We all think a little differently because we come from different part's of the country, as long as the rules are followed everyone may post freely. There are also people that have lost their jobs and just need somewhere to vent. We need to help each other in any way we can but disagreement's are going to happen. Disagreement's happen every where, but if hostility remains unchecked it normally leads to anarchy. That's what rules are for, they keep us all from becoming Anarchist's. That's why its best to agree to disagree when there's a difference in opinion and just leave it at that.

Disagreement: to differ in opinion.

Hostility: conflict, opposition, or resistance in thought or principle.

Anarchy: absence or denial of any authority or established order; absence of order.

Anarchist: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power.