XPO | seniority power trip ?

Management is susceptible to emotional contagions too, they are only human.

Seems to me that my responsibilities are the equipment and freight that I am charged with.

Management is charged with DSR's and one component of low defect/high production is morale. Morale is NOT one of my stated nor even implied responsibilities. That resposibility rests on the shoulders of those highly skilled and motivated managers that we groom here at Conway.

To address this issue, I think that sh1t runs down hill and that those nasty senior DSR's are a product of their environment. All that some of them care about is themselves and have lost that zeal that they once had. Can't blame them as Conway has been making wholesale changes that counter any cause for sustained loyalty to wards The Corporation. Those changes are intimated in detail through out this forum.

And I speak with validity as I am one of those DSR's. In a currantly running thread, the only reason that all of truckingboards.com membership can give me for caring about The Corporation is so that I can sleep at night.

If someone has issues with senior DSR's, then talk with your management and if warranted, they will suffer another knee-jerk reaction and bear the fist of The Corporation down upon it's charges again. However they choose to respond or not respond to raised issues, I am sure that their well thought out reaction will weigh heavily with concerns for morale, fairness, and common sense.

YEAH....RIGHT!

And on a side note;
-There is no doubt in my mind that some juniors get picked on more than others.
-And that this phenomena takes place in every organization that I have been exposed to over the years.
-And that the individual junior's personality is a factor in "picked on" severity.

You are correct about instigating turmoil amongst the dsrs on this forum...honestly that wasn't my intention...but as i read their posts I see my point even clearer, and you can't deny it's validity. You drivers, senior or junior, play a huge role in morale and there is a strong need for you seniors to be more tolerant and set good examples for your junior counterparts. what i hear from one or two drivers (99 % seniors) on a daily basis makes me feel anxious, irritable and unhappy when I'm trying to work, and I know it does the same to most present. There's at least one in every barn and when others are exposed to this behavior continuously, we have what is called emotional or social contagions spreading through the entire barn. It's a scientific fact, not my opinion. It's been my experience that management would rather not get involved in your school grade squabbles about tractors and who beat who to the reship, but they are forced to treat you like children, which results in your hard feelings towards them. Yes Con-way is a demanding company, yes there are a few bad supervisors & managers, but considering the supervisor to driver ratio, you drivers have a much larger control over morale. The solution, as i stated above, is for seniors to be more tolerant, to set good examples and stop 'raising' the junior guys to be bullies, stop creating a hostile environment and in doing so you will see a huge change in everyone's (including your supervisor's) attitude. Management is susceptible to emotional contagions too, they are only human.

I disagree. What you consider "squabbling" is called "opinions." And what an internet forum is designed to do is create a place for people to connect with each other from all parts of the world and share ideas, and to express oneselves opinions.

This paranoia of GO watching over these forums is pretty lame and needs to stop. WHO CARES if GO would be watching. I express my 1st ammendment right w/out hesitation to whom may be reading it. As a member of the free world, I have that right.

Simple solution. If you make your start time Seniority rules. But, if the Con-Way circle of life was actually practiced and not preached we would all be leaving the fac at 0330.

I disagree. What you consider "squabbling" is called "opinions." And what an internet forum is designed to do is create a place for people to connect with each other from all parts of the world and share ideas, and to express oneselves opinions.

This paranoia of GO watching over these forums is pretty lame and needs to stop. WHO CARES if GO would be watching. I express my 1st ammendment right w/out hesitation to whom may be reading it. As a member of the free world, I have that right.
You got that right cb. I have a good feeling GO knows who i'am. I know longer care. I have earned my right to speak up and out in a constructive manner.
If you post some unfriendly Con-Way talk here and they come at you this forum can be used as MOTIVE by Con-Way in a court of law.

You got that right cb. I have a good feeling GO knows who i'am. I know longer care. I have earned my right to speak up and out in a constructive manner.
If you post some unfriendly Con-Way talk here and they come at you this forum can be used as MOTIVE by Con-Way in a court of law.

I agree that clearblack's post was right on the money and have also thought that if The Corporation were sure who I was that my speaking counter to what they preach would somehow protect me from a targeted head hunt. But Lawofone's current predicament may belie that reasoning. - So, I don't know.

...................The solution, as i stated above, is for seniors to be more tolerant, to set good examples and stop 'raising' the junior guys to be bullies, stop creating a hostile environment and in doing so you will see a huge change in everyone's (including your supervisor's) attitude..........

More tolerant of what? Dilligaff explain more in detail what you are talking about here.

You drivers, senior or junior, play a huge role in morale and there is a strong need for you seniors to be more tolerant and set good examples for your junior counterparts. what i hear from one or two drivers (99 % seniors) on a daily basis makes me feel anxious, irritable and unhappy when I'm trying to work, and I know it does the same to most present. There's at least one in every barn and when others are exposed to this behavior continuously, we have what is called emotional or social contagions spreading through the entire barn. It's a scientific fact, not my opinion. It's been my experience that management would rather not get involved in your school grade squabbles about tractors and who beat who to the reship, but they are forced to treat you like children, which results in your hard feelings towards them. Yes Con-way is a demanding company, yes there are a few bad supervisors & managers, but considering the supervisor to driver ratio, you drivers have a much larger control over morale. The solution, as i stated above, is for seniors to be more tolerant, to set good examples and stop 'raising' the junior guys to be bullies, stop creating a hostile environment and in doing so you will see a huge change in everyone's (including your supervisor's) attitude. Management is susceptible to emotional contagions too, they are only human.

Yes , less acting like prima donnas & more acting like a team player. If you need an example I can tell you that the pole next to your loading door doesn't need a babysitter (maybe you guys that do this could go & help a guy breaking a trailer instead).

I agree that clearblack's post was right on the money and have also thought that if The Corporation were sure who I was that my speaking counter to what they preach would somehow protect me from a targeted head hunt. But Lawofone's current predicament may belie that reasoning. - So, I don't know.
I know that some people do not like me and what I say, but that is their right. As for the predicament that people think I am in, I have planned for this many years ago. Yes Con-way knew who I was and I knew who was watching, when , why, what time, and how many times. My biggest problem is that I care about my fellow human beings, even the one`s that do not have a clue of what is going on. I`m not saying that I`m the one that people need to listen to, I like everyone else have my faults. What is happening is that the company is changing and alot of people can not handle the change. But what is really happing is that the company is putting on a horse and buggy show and a large number of people are fallen for it. If anyone would take the time to really study the company will understand that in the changing landscape of business that this company will end up pushing paper, and for only a few will be left having a job, all the rest will looking. DON`T pay any attention to what I say, OR you can end up in the same predicament that I`m in. This is not the first time that I`ve been fired, and with time on my side, the company will only have two ways to go.

Thanks Lawofone and good luck in that endeavorer. We never could have met each other if we had been leaning on the pole next to our doors at Freemont. Seems you were moving freight and I was moving freight.