ABF | Seniority taken away by union

Complaints are already sometimes taking a year plus to be heard and it will only get worse now. Last resort and be prepared to wait. https://www.laborandcollectivebarga...cles/nlra/nlrbs-budget-slashed-mean-business/

And,......Once again,..........it's VERY IMPORTANT ..WHO you vote for.

DON'T listen to all the contrived Anger, overheated Hyperbole, distorted Facts, and claims that half of the Electorate is....Ahem....."More Patriotic"....than the other half.......

Vote with your EYES,....not your EARS.......

Do the research.........If some Flag-waving, Pulpit-pounding so-called "friend of the Working Man" has been voting quietly to cut the funding of the NLRB,......because his Wall Street "funders" don't care to let working people have ....rights....It will be a matter of his/her voting record.

Read,.....look it up.....

Maybe that High and Mighty Legislator,.....who proclaims in his speeches,....that he will "protect" Working People,......has been quietly in the very deep pockets of ....the employers.......and doing the bidding of the Chamber of Commerce and the American Legislative Exchange......

And he's hoping you never look up his voting record........

VoteSmart.org.......a non profit voter education group.

All they told me was that he "messed up". I talked to the steward this morning and he said that the man was in violation of his bid by getting "kicked out". Since they did a bump down bid, the bump down starts at his warehouse bid. Not very good with technology or posting, so I think I'll leave it to the experts.

Here
All they told me was that he "messed up". I talked to the steward this morning and he said that the man was in violation of his bid by getting "kicked out". Since they did a bump down bid, the bump down starts at his warehouse bid. Not very good with technology or posting, so I think I'll leave it to the experts.
Here, unless the warehouse IS his whole bid, they would get something in writing from that customer and then they would just send another driver in there to cover that particular delivery/pickup. That has happened a few times. I don't think it has happened where the warehouse was the bid. We have a couple of bids like that. Hmmm. I think If it did they would have to put that bid up for pick at a time when there are extra bid drivers and the banned driver would have to take miscellaneous assignments at his normal start time until it could be rebid.

Here

Here, unless the warehouse IS his whole bid, they would get something in writing from that customer and then they would just send another driver in there to cover that particular delivery/pickup. That has happened a few times. I don't think it has happened where the warehouse was the bid. We have a couple of bids like that. Hmmm. I think If it did they would have to put that bid up for pick at a time when there are extra bid drivers and the banned driver would have to take miscellaneous assignments at his normal start time until it could be rebid.
This IS NOT his whole bid. I agree with you Boilerpeddle, leave the man where he is to do miscellaneous, or rebid. I've never seen, or heard of a man getting into a dispute with a customer on Tuesday, and being on the bottom bid Thursday. He worked 3 days this week. He filed on it, I also filed on it today.

At the risk of pissing a lot of you off, the union taking away your seniority for ABF goes a long way back. It really doesn't matter now, but in 1982 the union took away pretty much all of the East Texas drivers seniority when ABF bought us out. There were many of us ETMF drivers who lost our jobs to a less senior ABF driver. Abf used a clause that said if dovetailing the two boards would cause harm to the purchasing company they did not have to do it. And the union let them get away with it. Never could figure how dovetailing the boards would harm ABF. I always thought a union driver was a union driver. Might have harmed a bunch of ABF drivers, but the chips should have fallen where they should. Seniority should have prevailed. I guess you could say ABF protected their drivers, but sure screwed a lot of others. So I find it quite amusing that now they, and the union, are trying to screw their own drivers . Payback is a bitch, even if it took 36 years.

At the risk of pissing a lot of you off, the union taking away your seniority for ABF goes a long way back. It really doesn't matter now, but in 1982 the union took away pretty much all of the East Texas drivers seniority when ABF bought us out. There were many of us ETMF drivers who lost our jobs to a less senior ABF driver. Abf used a clause that said if dovetailing the two boards would cause harm to the purchasing company they did not have to do it. And the union let them get away with it. Never could figure how dovetailing the boards would harm ABF. I always thought a union driver was a union driver. Might have harmed a bunch of ABF drivers, but the chips should have fallen where they should. Seniority should have prevailed. I guess you could say ABF protected their drivers, but sure screwed a lot of others. So I find it quite amusing that now they, and the union, are trying to screw their own drivers . Payback is a bitch, even if it took 36 years.
well, it bit them in the buttocks when they bought Carolina. After using the ETMF model, Mr. Young assured the ABF drivers that their seniority would be protected, but we saw how that worked out...and to add insult to injury, it was quite a bitter pill to swallow as Carolina was allowed to keep working through the strike...so..I guess it worked both ways for the ABF employees...keep seniority with ETMF, but lose it with Carolina..Oh well, only got just a little over a year to go and they won't hear from me again.

I’m sure none of those drivers that ‘benefited’ from that situation are around still, so if you’re expressing joy at some ‘personal payback’ at the expense of today’s drivers...I don’t quite follow your post. Bitter much?

It is Yrc ba’s letting this happen

I’m sure none of those drivers that ‘benefited’ from that situation are around still, so if you’re expressing joy at some ‘personal payback’ at the expense of today’s drivers...I don’t quite follow your post. Bitter much?

And,.....everyone forgets that the rules...(contract).....are voted on by the members. Sometimes,....out of misinformation,...or laziness,....or just plain failure to read the T/A,.........there are "unintended consequenses".....

Protection of seniority is sometimes a...tricky ...proposal......especially when combining two seniority boards of Union people.

In one respect,....I can say that I took a "bad beating", seniority-wise,....when ABF bought Carolina...

But,....In another respect,.....I can say that my Union protected the seniority of the "orphaned" Carolina guys in a buyout that they had no control over.......and that I would hope the rules would be the same for me in a similar situation.

We tend to forget what the words "Union Brother" means,.........and that contract rules are applied unilaterally,....not personally.....