Holland | Shakeup at Holland

Cruzer

TB Lurker
Credits
As of July 15,2008 Holland is reorganizing its management team. They have broke the company into 6 areas!
Quote"As part of our continuing effort to field the right organizational structure
for our companies needs,effective immediately, we are eliminating the Division Vice President position. Our 72 Service Center Managers will now be divided into six areas and report directly to one of six area Director of Operations (ADO) The ADO'S will directly report to the Vice President of Operations. {Lou R*********}"
Additionally, we are eliminating the Process Team formally headed by Dave V******

Wait till you see the new map!! Rick S****** (Labor Man) will be the the area 4 director Which looks like all of Michigan and the 3 northern Indiana Terminals-SB IN FW
This is just a quick summary as the whole change is for pages log!

Looks like some non productive people are being relocated,
Cruzer

As of July 15,2008 Holland is reorganizing its management team. They have broke the company into 6 areas!
Quote"As part of our continuing effort to field the right organizational structure
for our companies needs,effective immediately, we are eliminating the Division Vice President position. Our 72 Service Center Managers will now be divided into six areas and report directly to one of six area Director of Operations (ADO) The ADO'S will directly report to the Vice President of Operations. {Lou R*********}"
Additionally, we are eliminating the Process Team formally headed by Dave V******

Wait till you see the new map!! Rick S****** (Labor Man) will be the the area 4 director Which looks like all of Michigan and the 3 northern Indiana Terminals-SB IN FW

Cruzer

Where is this information posted?

Rick S is no longer a labor man. Over a year ago he was made some type of regional man and has been overseeing the utilities operation in Nashville.He is an old yellow frt operations man from IN and CH.

When they first started closing terminals I saw the "map". It was a map of "old school" Holland and what they thrived on. 4 or 5 states and hammering them with freight. Eventually thats probably what they will get back to.

shakeup

Ive always said we were more successful when we only had terminal managers who reported to pete n*****, there was no need for all this management. When we did the best was when we had tms and supervisors never had am ops mgrs, pm ops mgrs, reg mgrs,asst tms, you had a tm and supervisors and every terminal was in charge of itself. Corporate didnt care how the tm ran it as long as the freight moved and the terminal made money and the employees were happy. Ive heard for years many rank and file saying why dont we go back to what made us the money and now finally upper management gets it.

Cruzer

IF they down size management we still have a problem. Most of our management at Holland are ex-CF, Yellow, Roadway, and Conway Managers. YRC booted everyone worth anything that understood Holland and how we operated. We are not these other companies. We will never operate efficiently with these people. Rick S***** came from Yellow. YRC will never get our system, they think if you treat your Employees and Customers badly they will somehow bow down to you and just keep giving.

Rick S is no longer a labor man. Over a year ago he was made some type of regional man and has been overseeing the utilities operation in Nashville.He is an old yellow frt operations man from IN and CH.
Maybe I can get rid of Sleeping Beautiful out of DS- Dave V needs to go also or did they create a Job also for Him? Does anyone know if Neil L is gone from Labor @Chicagoland or not ,I heard he resigned and then he was retiring?

same six people in six different and useless positions!!!
Exactly, they are probably just giving them a different title. I wonder if they will have a pay cut even? I'm just judging by the JO terminal, but apparently there is absolutely NO accountability for anything anybody in mgmt does(or doesn't do). I'll believe the changes when I see some big shots dissapear completely.

There is no accountability for anything anybody does at JO, TM getting ready to retire,
( Formerly from Yellow so you know his pension is in the deep freeze ) TH just got demoted and probably took a pay cut, supervisors worried, looking for jobs and the inmates running the asylum. Wow! it's not the Holland I used to know.

God Bless America

Lumpersam

There is no accountability for anything anybody does at JO, TM getting ready to retire,
( Formerly from Yellow so you know his pension is in the deep freeze ) TH just got demoted and probably took a pay cut, supervisors worried, looking for jobs and the inmates running the asylum. Wow! it's not the Holland I used to know.

God Bless America

Lumpersam
If the inmates were (allowed to) run the asylum, I'm pretty sure we would have a better O.R. than we do with the individuals(:thumbsdown:) running it right now.

You know what I'M talking about teamster02, with very little semblance of order due to favoritsms by mgmt. given to some key inmates in the past at JO, the term. is close to anarchy, therefore some inmates might already be running the show. Management has been lax.

Some inmates always seem think that they can do better than their keepers, then maybe they should apply for a keepers position. I hope that we can agree to disagree.

God Bless America

Lumpersam

You know what I'M talking about teamster02, with very little semblance of order due to favoritsms by mgmt. given to some key inmates in the past at JO, the term. is close to anarchy, therefore some inmates might already be running the show. Management has been lax.

Some inmates always seem think that they can do better than their keepers, then maybe they should apply for a keepers position. I hope that we can agree to disagree.

God Bless America

Lumpersam
To me it's just dissapointing to see it run how it currently is. It has run MUCH better in the past, with basically the same teamsters, just different mgmt. Granted, there are obviously other outside factors at play (fuel prices, lowered margins due to competition, higher labor&mgmt costs, etc.). Also, there doesn't seem to be any "Holland Pride" like there used to be - not from the teamsters here or the mgmt., and I think that shows all the way around. I hope we get someone in charge who realizes you don't have to have an advisarial relationship with your employees (and customers). And on the other side of the coin, the employees need to take their job more seriously and actually EARN thier pay. I hope we all get on the same page SOON!

Shake up at Holland

To me it's just dissapointing to see it run how it currently is. It has run MUCH better in the past, with basically the same teamsters, just different mgmt. Granted, there are obviously other outside factors at play (fuel prices, lowered margins due to competition, higher labor&mgmt costs, etc.). Also, there doesn't seem to be any "Holland Pride" like there used to be - not from the teamsters here or the mgmt., and I think that shows all the way around. I hope we get someone in charge who realizes you don't have to have an advisarial relationship with your employees (and customers). And on the other side of the coin, the employees need to take their job more seriously and actually EARN thier pay. I hope we all get on the same page SOON!

Hey Teamster02, :bowdown: Very well put, the pride IS gone, I couldn't
have put it better my self, I hope that a lot of people on both sides get the meaning of the message you are trying to convey when they read this post. ( How about it big papa )

I have been trying to improve- add to your words of wisdom but to no avail.
You have said it all and said it well. :1036316054:
I hope as you do, that we get our S*** toghether and soon::clap::

God Bless America:USA:

Lumper (I love my job)sam

So they are again going back to the way it was before the big daisy bought us?

hmmm explain. Before they bought us we had a process improvement team that was sc**wing the company up, and all the terminal managers reported to the VP of Operations so eliminating the process improvement team does not return us to where we were. There were no areas, regions, or divisions. That began after we were bought and all we did was change regions for areas. With areas we still have excess overhead so that does not return us to where we were.

I did hear that Neil L is not in charge of labor anymore. It is now in YRC hands. That was word from management in JO.