FedEx Freight | shorts in the winter

Is that why cgt is a 1000 bills behind? The last time this happened they were 6000 bills behind. Better pack a overnight bag for Friday night.

How many people wear shorts in the winter? I see 2 guys every night wearing shorts at CGT and they look very cold and stupid. Not sure who their trying to impress. Obviously their not working the dock, but still hopefully they are prepared if they break down and I'm sure their pre/post trip sucks cause they can't be outside that long. Also by the way to you dock workers that called in again cause you can't handle the cold, us drivers thank you for making us have to stay late everyday and possibly work the weekend again.

Who cares what they wear! I wear shorts all year because they are comfortable, and easier to work in. I just carry a pair of coveralls in my truck!

Who cares what they wear! I wear shorts all year because they are comfortable, and easier to work in. I just carry a pair of coveralls in my truck!

Yea what we have here typically is someone worrying about what someone else is doing, like the road driver this morning yelling across the yard wondering where I was going (we are both on the extra board). He didn't get the answer he was looking for.

roog

How about some of these guys that ware Long pants year round. Even in 104 degrees, they got those long pants on. What are they hiding? I did ask one old timer why he has shorts on when it going up past 100 degrees all week. His answer was, he wore them once, and his daughter said he looks funny in them, cause he has chicken legs. I believe some guys are just self conscious about how they look in them, chicken legs, bow legged, fat, hairy etc. Who cares? One guy never takes his hat off, because he is losing his ginger color hair, who cares? Another Guy, cannot tell what blood is in him, but he never, ever, wares a jacket or coat, even when it is 4 degrees out. I asked him too, and said he is from California, and does not own one. Well they do supply and make them. I think he also has an Image to keep up with. I did work with one guy on the dock a few years back that also wore shorts year round. He would never shut up, always loud too. Then it got down to between 4-5 degrees that early morning, and you did not hear one word out of him, and he looked like a frozen popsicle, or Joan Rivers when she tried to smile or talk. Seriously, why do they have to display their man card all the time? They must have gotten beat up and bullied as a kid, and now that they are a big truck driver, they have to prove their manhood. It is the same thing as driving down the highway right next to them, they have to prove that they can go faster going down a steep downgrade, on a off ramp, backing up one time or quicker, dropping or hooking faster than you etc. Man up! I work and drive at my pace, I have nothing to prove, other than I can wake up everyday, get the job done in a timely manner, and most of all, be safe, so I can do it all over again until I retire. I am not or never was a super trucker, or have to prove to my fellow employees that I am a super hero. most of these guys eventually go out on workmen's comp, disability, or dead. One more thing to add, is you got to love some guys jump off the back of the trailer or dock, or better yet, their tractor, straight out, real smart.

Usually when someone ask where you are going, they are just making conversation, or maybe they may want to meet up with you on your meet and turn, or keep in touch with you on the CB or cellphone for company. I know first hand, there was a Lady Line haul driver I use to call all the time running nights. We got bored or tired, and she would keep me up, in a good way. It also helps knowing that they are going down the same route as you in case you broke down or something. No big deal, some guys have to keep it a Top secret on where they are going, like they are hiding something, like if you were to pull over and take a nap or a long lunch at some cheap dinner. Most long haul, road or line drivers are extroverts anyway.

Only 2? We have at least 12 or more. I really do not check out their legs, do you? I ware shorts when it gets hot, and I double up on the long johns and pants in the winter. One thing I will say is, long pants do protect you more from scrapes, bruises, cuts, fleas, and mosquito bites,

Now if you make them ware those long pants, you are taking their manhood from them. These guys ware shorts so when they are driving down the road, they can hit the pee bottle from the side, and not thru the zipper. Or they have to keep scratching their nuts.

Who cares I wore shorts all the time In the city but after awhile on the road I just wear the pants I dont know just do even when I worked the dock in the summer months I wore pants as was stated they do protect you better!! I also wear heavy boots all year not sneakers in summer but our yard is a pothole mess so sneaks dont cut it!! To each his own Diversity at its finest!!!!

I would never wear shorts on the dock untill its in the 50's and maybe not even then! Our guys wear them because its more comfortable, climbing in and out of the trailer plus they are always moving, I wore them on shuttle into the teens, I wasn't exposed except drops and hooks, they are more comfortable our uniform pants are cut weird and really bother alot of guys, now that I'm in the spotter and I'm exposed alot I wear the pants, for most guys its not a man card thing but a comfort thing, sometimes being cold for a little bit is worth the comfort that short pants offer, thats just my way of seeing it.

How many people wear shorts in the winter? I see 2 guys every night wearing shorts at CGT and they look very cold and stupid. Not sure who their trying to impress. Obviously their not working the dock, but still hopefully they are prepared if they break down and I'm sure their pre/post trip sucks cause they can't be outside that long. Also by the way to you dock workers that called in again cause you can't handle the cold, us drivers thank you for making us have to stay late everyday and possibly work the weekend again.

I was referring to this.The dock workers that called in.