Yellow | Sick of it

yellowemployee

TB Lurker
Credits
Getting out while the gettins good. going to switch professions. only fourty something only got ten years in the union. will not survive this merger probably be laid off next week. will not miss the cold cold dock or the lies. wish everbody good luck.

we hear ya yellow going on 20 here at rdwy and will get my walking papers b4 the holidays so they can save some more spare change. best of luck 2u

good luck yellow....there will be many of us not far behind you... most of us not by choice..

I hear you yellow..if I knew then almost 19 yrs. ago, what I know now,I would have passed on this profession.all the nights leaving my family home alone,all the crappy shifts,all the bs and we can go on and on. all we have is hope and hope you guy's get what you want out of life....GOOD LUCK to all......JUMBO

I hear you yellow..if I knew then almost 19 yrs. ago, what I know now,I would have passed on this profession.all the nights leaving my family home alone,all the crappy shifts,all the bs and we can go on and on. all we have is hope and hope you guy's get what you want out of life....GOOD LUCK to all......JUMBO

Well said , i feel the same way.

Getting out while the gettins good. going to switch professions. only fourty something only got ten years in the union. will not survive this merger probably be laid off next week. will not miss the cold cold dock or the lies. wish everbody good luck.

I think thats going to be a call you'll never regret after you adjust back into living a normal life again. Deregulation changed the game! Never-the-less, I wish you the best...

This is certainly one of the most depressing jobs that I've worked in my life. Furthermore, if it was not depression, it was complete despair. Hope dies last... :shades:

Well hay America still has all of their goods moving by trucking.
The trucking industry will never be taken over by the computer.
Paper can be faxed across the country,but you will still need some form of trucking to get items larger than documents that can travel over the air ways.
There will always be a need for drivers to drive trucks to transport Americas goods.

So you may feel depressed being a trucker in this weak economy,but you are still a value to our nations transportations needs.

Just trying to show off the bright side of being a trucker,in that you can never be replaced by any means of technology.

America still needs steering wheel holders,and freight handlers.
Now that I've made this point,I have to disagree with any Large LTL trucking company as to the high fuel costs effecting their lower profits.

I know that high fuel costs are really hurting the independent truckers.
But UPS,Fedex,Yellow,and ABF,are all invested in oil futures,they buy their fuel in very large amounts at wholesale prices,because most of their terminals have their own storage tanks,and pumps.
Then these larger companies are passing the fuel ser-charges off on every freight customers bills.

I know I'm a visitor looking in from the outside,of this Yellow Forum,but I really can't agree with your CEO Mr.Zollar on his statement that Yellow has been hurt by the high fuel costs of oil.
If anything these large LTL's are making out ok no matter what the oil prices are.