ODFL | Six Day Weeks ?

Out of Raleigh we had a Columbus meat. Columbus driver dicked around so bad on a regular basis, the eliminated Columbus out of the entire equation and gave us 2-3/2 Columbus lay downs from Raleigh, 2 of us Raleigh guys run opposite of each other. Freight gets back 2-4 hours earlier on a daily basis like this. That’s just a small example out of the broad spectrum of things, maybe the $40 for a hotel stay is worth not holding tons of freight up extra unnecessarily. I do see where holding tractors up at the hotel is now becoming a problem as there is a tight squeeze for equipment these days.
That's one of the perks about a laydown or extraboard. You're tractor is normally untouched sitting 25 feet away by the motel and can get much more undisturbed rest at the motel.

That's one of the perks about a laydown or extraboard. You're tractor is normally untouched sitting 25 feet away by the motel and can get much more undisturbed rest at the motel.
A lay down or extraboard is the only way I can do it. I had a return daily bid and it wasn’t even 500 miles and man it wore me out big time. I understand it’s not the company’s problem but I get much much better rest on the road than at home.

We ran all meets when the covid scare was new... for almost a year. Everyone proved that it worked and they ran great. At the last bid they forced everyone who had a laydown run to lay down again. Makes no sense. Tractors tied up at the hotel and then hotel costs too. Seems like if a run can meet then it should meet.
This is one of the arguments against meets. One driver can in essence, delay double the freight.

At times we were told to leave the key in the tractor so they could use it in the city.
We never had assigned equipment.

A lay down or extraboard is the only way I can do it. I had a return daily bid and it wasn’t even 500 miles and man it wore me out big time. I understand it’s not the company’s problem but I get much much better rest on the road than at home.
Another man who runs things around home, vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, lawnmower.

Another man who runs things around home, vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, lawnmower.
I actually bought one of those robotic vacuums last year and man I love that little thing. I named her Thelma and I have her set to run every day. She doesn’t have any mirrors though and doesn’t even run 4.6 mph :-/. Most everything else is operated by hand though, a man’s work is never done at his humble abode.

Any bunkrooms still around

Any bunkrooms still around
I’m with Big E like you, There’s a bunch of them in the east but I don’t think any are mandatory. Jacksonville savannah Florence Richmond Greensboro Norfolk Elkton Harrisburg Charlotte Tampa West Middlesechs. Sometimes in these touristy cities you don’t have a choice but to stay at one or drive over 100 miles to get to a hotel which I’m not doing, I always carry a sleeping bag, sheets, a blow up camping pillow, soap rag and towel because you just never know.

I’m with Big E like you, There’s a bunch of them in the east but I don’t think any are mandatory. Jacksonville savannah Florence Richmond Greensboro Norfolk Elkton Harrisburg Charlotte Tampa West Middlesechs. Sometimes in these touristy cities you don’t have a choice but to stay at one or drive over 100 miles to get to a hotel which I’m not doing, I always carry a sleeping bag, sheets, a blow up camping pillow, soap rag and towel because you just never know.
A blowup doll to go with your pillow?

I actually bought one of those robotic vacuums last year and man I love that little thing. I named her Thelma and I have her set to run every day. She doesn’t have any mirrors though and doesn’t even run 4.6 mph :-/. Most everything else is operated by hand though, a man’s work is never done at his humble abode.
Yeah, I have one. Mine is called seniorita :couch: