ABF | Sleep apnea fraud

series60

TB Regular
Credits
Had to go to sleep apnea doctor today as required by centra doctor. I feel that I don't have a problem. Doctor asked about 25 questions & I answered no to all of them. Last question: do you ever get up in the middle of the night to urinate?
I answered no.
Doctor: come on man, everyone has to do that at some point in time.
Me: once in a great while but usually no.
Doctor: I got you!
If you answer yes to any of these questions, I must recommend you to a sleep study.

So if you don't think you have an issue with sleep apnea make sure you answer all questions no or I don't have any problems with that.

Had to go to sleep apnea doctor today as required by centra doctor. I feel that I don't have a problem. Doctor asked about 25 questions & I answered no to all of them. Last question: do you ever get up in the middle of the night to urinate?
I answered no.
Doctor: come on man, everyone has to do that at some point in time.
Me: once in a great while but usually no.
Doctor: I got you!
If you answer yes to any of these questions, I must recommend you to a sleep study.

So if you don't think you have an issue with sleep apnea make sure you answer all questions no or I don't have any problems with that.
You should have told him you ware depends so you don't have to get out of bed!

I think the doctors must have a financial interest of some sort in the sleep study facilities.

Perfect disease,....They diagnose you when you're asleep. That is,...if you can 'sleep" with all the gear they stick on your body. Good way for the companies to alleviate their liability in the event of an accident. "Must've been the driver's apnea. Surely it wasn't the inhuman, grueling schedule we put him through!".. I understand Wal-Mart will be going through just this sort of scenario because of the Jersey Turnpike accident,.....I wonder if that driver was ever diagnosed with ,...."sleep apnea"?

It's big business for them and I also believe that Concentra is getting kick back somehow , someway. Every guy I know that has had to have this test is now on a machine.
As far as I can tell nobody passes this. It's a scam to milk us for more money.....

It's big business for them and I also believe that Concentra is getting kick back somehow , someway. Every guy I know that has had to have this test is now on a machine.
As far as I can tell nobody passes this. It's a scam to milk us for more money.....

The Driver Shortage Not Getting Better, Really!!!!

I wonder if we could put our thoughts together & come up with a machine to breath in the machine for drivers that did not have a problem with sleeping?
Patented it as a testing machine to make sure the apnea machine is working properly so massive lawsuits couldn't be held against us.
Like to hear others thoughts on this. Might be a way to make gazillons.

Fool the machine

I wonder if we could put our thoughts together & come up with a machine to breath in the machine for drivers that did not have a problem with sleeping?
Patented it as a testing machine to make sure the apnea machine is working properly so massive lawsuits couldn't be held against us.
Like to hear others thoughts on this. Might be a way to make gazillons.

You would need some type of respirator like a hospital has to help you breath when you are unconscious. Very expensive machine. But I think I have a better idea. Fool the machine or the read out or the SD Card by replacing the ‘did not use read out’ with some fake information. Should be much cheaper that way than a breathing machine. Think about Target the Federal Government, & big business that have had their security breached. There are a lot of world class hackers out there who could write code for software that you could wipe & reload the SD Card then submit it to your doctor. But wait a minute that is cheating!!! Just like you do in your log book. A good place to start is that convention in Vegas every year where the attendance of hackers & the FED’S especially the NSA is a far gone conclusion. Hell, the NSA supplied a guest speaker to the convention last year? I mean these people in attendance are the ‘Pro’s From Dover’. They are the best @ what they do.

I was proactive before they told me I had sleep apnea and actually went and had a sleep study done. Best thing I EVER did for myself. Yeah I only get a one year card every year but the sleep study and the cpap were 100% covered as of 2012. The supplies cost me 100 dollars every 3-4 months. The bright side is that I feel more alert and well rested when I wake up. Yes, it might be a scam but I'm hardly ever tired whereas I used to be. Don't need to pull off and take naps anymore. Positive results for me.

Some Union Carriers are getting away with only doing an oxygen saturation test. (where they put a monitor on your finger for 4-6 hrs at sleep at your your own home and a meter, then return,, a small baseline test!).. This was done due to protests/ issues with costs to members and the company's Drs requiring and dispute as to who should pay. I know a few at Holland that did it this was vs a full blown sleep study and at company cost.. These were overweight/ and or diabetics meeting the requirements of their companies Drs.

Some Union Carriers are getting away with only doing an oxygen saturation test. (where they put a monitor on your finger for 4-6 hrs at sleep at your your own home and a meter, then return,, a small baseline test!).. This was done due to protests/ issues with costs to members and the company's Drs requiring and dispute as to who should pay. I know a few at Holland that did it this was vs a full blown sleep study and at company cost.. These were overweight/ and or diabetics meeting the requirements of their companies Drs.
Dot doc said it had to be at least a 4 channel study.

I was proactive before they told me I had sleep apnea and actually went and had a sleep study done. Best thing I EVER did for myself. Yeah I only get a one year card every year but the sleep study and the cpap were 100% covered as of 2012. The supplies cost me 100 dollars every 3-4 months. The bright side is that I feel more alert and well rested when I wake up. Yes, it might be a scam but I'm hardly ever tired whereas I used to be. Don't need to pull off and take naps anymore. Positive results for me.

Same here. Felt so much better.

Seriously though, how do you sleep with that apparatus attached to your face and all? And having that thing around, maintenance and all...I have enough stuff to keep up with so as it is.

Layoffsucks, I agree with you 100% I too was sent y Concentra( Dr Kevorkian) as we like to call him. Anyway, same result. I used to have to pull over at 1 o'clock to take a nap constantly. I've been on CPAP for over 4 yrs. now and I am well rested and I am never sleepy during the day. The Mask takes some getting used to and it can be a pain in the ass if you break the seal and it leaks when you're sleeping but the end result is well worth it.

Seriously though, how do you sleep with that apparatus attached to your face and all? And having that thing around, maintenance and all...I have enough stuff to keep up with so as it is.

I got used to it and now can't sleep without it. I guess I was so miserable and was looking for any type of relief. Maintenance isn't bad at all. I just replace the air filter every couple of months (very easy) and replace the nose pillows whenever the medical company sends them to me.