SAIA | slow!!!!

I hope you and bareknucklebrawler are right, cause getting laid off on a new job will NOT go over well with the wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 3 P&D guys they had to $5000 a piece hire on bonus between 4/2013 to 8/2014 I think they will hold off quite awhile before they layoff drivers.

That makes a lot of sense, I never thought about it like that.
Buggybruiser there are individuals who are "the glass half empty "peop
le that post on here. I can not see them laying off when we are fixing to go into the busy time of year. The company is hiring , so laying off makes no sense. We have had the seasonal slow down that has been somewhat slower than past years. Any reason to panic ? Not at all we are not the only company that has had freight levels drop off. You will be just fine here !

Buggybruiser there are individuals who are "the glass half empty "peop
le that post on here. I can not see them laying off when we are fixing to go into the busy time of year. The company is hiring , so laying off makes no sense. We have had the seasonal slow down that has been somewhat slower than past years. Any reason to panic ? Not at all we are not the only company that has had freight levels drop off. You will be just fine here !
'Nuff said.

Unless...they are on this "hiring spree" because there are enough guys in range of some tenure milestones, like 10 years free health insurance, vacation time, etc... So they hire newbies in order to have them on board so that they can dump some senior guys. Saia has been known to go against conventional wisdom...