TForce | smokin in the south

the biggest rawback of having bbb is that the majority of what we had came from across seas in containers and it is not palletized it takes forever for the dock crew to sort through it, it is mostly thrown up some times 300-400 pieces scattered all over.

the biggest rawback of having bbb is that the majority of what we had came from across seas in containers and it is not palletized it takes forever for the dock crew to sort through it, it is mostly thrown up some times 300-400 pieces scattered all over.

Is most of the containers done at port of entry terminals? You must have big crews for that mess. I would assumed that UPSF must have gotten the price they wanted in order to haul this crap again. You know though, wait until late summer and early fall, I see a sht load of retail freight in our future.

Crummy jobs are still jobs.
When you sit home for awhile not having any money coming your way to meet your obligations,any job starts looking good.

It is still $hit , no offence, I feel sorry for those who have to handle it too.... I would rather shovel $hit.

Labor intensive freight has to be compensated for in the rates. It certainly adds jobs and clogs the system. We will be seeing more crap like this very shortly. UPS caters to the retail world. I see a new division rising out of this too, UPS Container Services.

Labor intensive freight has to be compensated for in the rates. It certainly adds jobs and clogs the system. We will be seeing more crap like this very shortly. UPS caters to the retail world. I see a new division rising out of this too, UPS Container Services.

Fritz companies worlwide is now SCS and they are also container ready..... Freight brokers they is....

Well I work the dock on occasion, and the last thing I want too see is that crap, I realize there is worse things we could be hauling, everything is broken down and takes a long time too recover when we are trying too make city cut's.

I also cannot stand the odasity of these people watching you pull some of these pallets off of the truck, some are heavy, some are awkward, hard too move in general, and they stand there and watch you struggle with the damn things at time of delivery.

When this occured at one of the BB&B I delivered too, the recieving MGR'S helper was going too give me a hand and this MGR. says to her helper "thats his job let him do it" .

At this time I was a little irate and I had too tell her " If you do not give me a hand I am going too put the pallet back into the truck and leave" .

She did call dispatch on me, but I am not pulling my nads for anyone including dispatch. My dispatcher told me if I was'nt going too do it he was going too send me home, so I told him the same as I told her, got back into the truck after they helped me out, and drove back too the terminal with the rest of the load, punched out and went home.

On the way out the door the dispatcher was running after me and apoligizing, I went home anyway.

We have 10 stores here in the ntheast. and they are all the same way, they say it is a liability issue as too why they do not enter the truck. It's phucking crap as far as I am concearned.:butt kiss:

Come on now you don't sound like a team player. :hysterical:

Yea they will have adds for drivers in Mexico.:biglaugh:

We Just Cut Our Line Hall Board Right In Half. One Day We Had Jobs And The Next Day Half Of Us Didnt. Go Ups Freight. Taking Care Of Your Own.

We Just Cut Our Line Hall Board Right In Half. One Day We Had Jobs And The Next Day Half Of Us Didnt. Go Ups Freight. Taking Care Of Your Own.

Sorry to hear this. With line haul drivers being cut Im sure some had more seniority than the bottom city drivers. How did your terminal handle this? Policy is that when a line haul run is cancelled the driver goe's to the bottom of the city board. Or in a lay off case the line driver bumps back to the bottom of the city with his company seniority. Not that I agree with this, I think the line driver should be able to bump back in the city with his full company seniority slot as his line job was eliminated not by his choice. But still wondering how your terimnal handled this situation?

These guys are getting hosed big time!!!!!! They had good runs and now they are just being ran over by SLC drivers....I know a few of them and it really sucks....I think they are victims of where their located....They are running northwest trailers straight from SLC to Hermiston OR. and it by-passes Boise....And there is a few other runs that they done away with...But maybe he will explain a little more....