FedEx Freight | Smoking in Company Trks

I disagree, smoking leaves behind tar nicotine and odor, only way being fat would effect the next driver is if you don't bathe, most times I can tolerate the smell, maybe they aren't chain smokers or kept the window open, who knows, but Thursday I get in the truck already not feeling the best and it smells like an ashtray, so bad it made me sick to my stomach, big pile of ashes on the floorboard and a soda cup in the cup holder, nice to know he was thinking of me and leaving me something to drink.

FM

FM a slob is a slob weather he's a smoker or not.I think allot of these people had no parents around to teach them respect.

My fatness will never affect someone else's health.

Thats not the point of what I wrote. I wasn't aiming at any in paticurly (i know bad spelling) it may not be right but overweight guys and smokers have been in trucking since trucking got started and now these college boys for our good have said no more smoking and next like it was wrote the goverment might mandate that all truckers must be under some BMI standard or your med cert wont be renewed how much bs would that be but at the same time dont be surprised:nutkick::TR10driving03:
one more thing yeah the smell is thier but due to the fact that i have respect for the next driver unlike some of the stories i have read on here and really that does bite, the nonsmokers after me have came up to me and said thank for what you do and its really to bad that others don't take care of thier trucks

The reason FedEx is banning smoking in all company vehicles is because the effects of 2nd hand smoke affect everyone that has to share the vehicle. It's not because they want you to be healthier, that is a bonus if you quit. The stated reason is because your actions (smoking) affects the next guy. They are trying to protect the non-smoker (the majority of the population) from the effects of the smokers.

For every one considerate smoker, there are 5 inconsiderate ones. I've been in trucks that I could barely breath when I got done and had to run the windows down during the trip. Why should I be subjected to that when I have chossen to not smoke?