Yellow | Snitch?

So if your neighbor saw someone stealing something of yours from your home or property or saw someone vandalizing/damaging your house or vehicle you wouldn't want them to call the police and become a "snitch"? Do I understand you correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
My teamster brothers don't do that.
My thinking was more of the time spent on this would have been better spent getting customers.

So if your neighbor saw someone stealing something of yours from your home or property or saw someone vandalizing/damaging your house or vehicle you wouldn't them to call the police and become a "snitch"? Do I understand you correctly?

My teamster brothers don't do that.
My thinking was more of the time spent on this would have been better spent getting customers.

I get the subtle distinction between BEING a Teamster or merely paying dues. IMO if someone, regardless of position, is engaged in conduct that threatens YRCF's viability I will confront them AND I will bring it to the attention of someone who can properly address the conduct in question. If your behavior is putting all of our jobs at risk, you are clearly NOT a brother or sister of mine!

I get the subtle distinction between BEING a Teamster or merely paying dues. IMO if someone, regardless of position, is engaged in conduct that threatens YRCF's viability I will confront them AND I will bring it to the attention of someone who can properly address the conduct in question. If your behavior is putting all of our jobs at risk, you are clearly NOT a brother or sister of mine!

Who da hell say you have to report it to the Company? If you gotta problem with a fellow member keep in IN HOUSE! Get the Steward involved!
Never air your dirty lawndry out for others to see!!!

Who da hell say you have to report it to the Company? If you gotta problem with a fellow member keep in IN HOUSE! Get the Steward involved!
If you report it to the Steward-. He has a legal obligation to report it to the company or authorities. Laws have changed since the old days. Being a steward anymore opens him up to lawsuits and legal charges. No wonder no one wants to be one...

I didn't say I would inform the company. Sometimes a heart to heart from the BA works wonders!

Wonder if any of CEO's ever worry about someone calling that number on them. Or do the bonuses take care of that worry? :confused:

Roadway had stuff like this posted at terminals before Yellow ever bought them out. Don't know why anyone is getting their shorts in a bundle now all of the sudden.
Back then I never had a bid nor an assigned truck, and little seniority, so paid little attention to that posting, figured I was safe. :stirthepot:

Roadway had stuff like this posted at terminals before Yellow ever bought them out. Don't know why anyone is getting their shorts in a bundle now all of the sudden.

Because like everything else posted on the wall, nobody read it. Mailing a "Secret Witness Program" packet to your house enticing people with a $25,000 payoff in addition to the opportunity to knock off a senior guy and move up a notch on the seniority list takes it to a whole new level of tackiness. If it's such an honorable program to participate in, why does it have to be secret? Maybe they should show up on your doorstep with a camera crew in tow, like Publisher's Clearing House, and film the jubilation on your face as they present you with the check and congratulate you for advancing one notch on the seniority list

If you report it to the Steward-. He has a legal obligation to report it to the company or authorities. Laws have changed since the old days. Being a steward anymore opens him up to lawsuits and legal charges. No wonder no one wants to be one...

Can ya give me a little case law on being obligated to report it. So I have a legal obligation to report someone stealing time after all it is theft :duh::clappy: