Yellow | Snitch?

Can ya give me a little case law on being obligated to report it. So I have a legal obligation to report someone stealing time after all it is theft :duh::clappy:

The consent decree that the Teamsters still operates under REQUIRES that any activity by any Teamster that could bring reproach MUST be reported. It will then be investigated by the IRB. If you are personally aware of any illegal activity and fail to report it, your continued membership is in jeopardy..

Last edited by a moderator:
i do remember a case at 120 stroudsburg R/W .2 guys were working on stealing a couple of electric guitars .a brother teamster reported them both .they {super and teamster brother}sat in wait to see if and how they would try to remove them . when they tried they were stopped .
when this action was taken charges were brought against the brother {labeled as a rat} that reported this incident .he lost his job for over a month .no back pay and a large fine .the 2 guys in question got jobs back within a week with no lost time . hmmmmm .
something in the constitution and ratting out a teamster brother for any reason as i remember it

The consent decree that the Teamsters still operates under REQUIRES that any activity by any Teamster that could bring reproach MUST be reported. It will then be investigated by the IRB. If you are personally aware of any illegal activity and fail to report it, your continued membership is in jeopardy..

Texas is a right-to-work state and I choose to be a union member:couch:

Can ya give me a little case law on being obligated to report it. So I have a legal obligation to report someone stealing time after all it is theft :duh::clappy:
do I know which law? No! I wasn't a steward. Just remember all the hub-bub when laws (brought on by sexual harassment charges) changed. We had a
steward informed by a girl dockworker that a dockman was harrassing her. He had no choice but report the harassment to management under the law. And he did. The dockman was fired as a result.

Because like everything else posted on the wall, nobody read it. Mailing a "Secret Witness Program" packet to your house enticing people with a $25,000 payoff in addition to the opportunity to knock off a senior guy and move up a notch on the seniority list takes it to a whole new level of tackiness. If it's such an honorable program to participate in, why does it have to be secret? Maybe they should show up on your doorstep with a camera crew in tow, like Publisher's Clearing House, and film the jubilation on your face as they present you with the check and congratulate you for advancing one notch on the seniority list
yellow had the program too.

Because like everything else posted on the wall, nobody read it. Mailing a "Secret Witness Program" packet to your house enticing people with a $25,000 payoff in addition to the opportunity to knock off a senior guy and move up a notch on the seniority list takes it to a whole new level of tackiness. If it's such an honorable program to participate in, why does it have to be secret? Maybe they should show up on your doorstep with a camera crew in tow, like Publisher's Clearing House, and film the jubilation on your face as they present you with the check and congratulate you for advancing one notch on the seniority list

Will I have to give back 15 percent of the check if they do show up at my house?????

I could be wrong on this, but I think the provisions of the consent decree apply to officers of the Teamsters and have no bearing on the rank and file.

do I know which law? No! I wasn't a steward. Just remember all the hub-bub when laws (brought on by sexual harassment charges) changed. We had a
steward informed by a girl dockworker that a dockman was harrassing her. He had no choice but report the harassment to management under the law. And he did. The dockman was fired as a result.

Anything the steward said would be hearsay. A steward should have directed her to the appropriate person or department where she could voice her complaint. Once again the steward was not under any legal obligation unless he personally witnessed something and was compelled to testify

Anything the steward said would be hearsay. A steward should have directed her to the appropriate person or department where she could voice her complaint. Once again the steward was not under any legal obligation unless he personally witnessed something and was compelled to testify

I believe the steward is required under both the law and the bylaws of the respective union to inform management of any claims of sexual harassment by an employee. Not doing so may subject the union to civil action. The hearsay you refer to is only applicable in a trial setting, not the reporting of a harassment claim itself.

I believe the steward is required under both the law and the bylaws of the respective union to inform management of any claims of sexual harassment by an employee. Not doing so may subject the union to civil action. The hearsay you refer to is only applicable in a trial setting, not the reporting of a harassment claim itself.

As a recognized REPRESENTATIVE of the local union, failure to report an accusation of ANY harassment could result in Federal charges against anyone with knowledge of the alleged incident who failed to act. As well the officers of that local for failure to properly represent. My advice to all, if you would be ashamed if your grandmother knew about anything you do, DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Have I got a story for u jimmy
Try to give u a call

Someone stealing from the company is not bringing reproach upon the union or me.. It's his bed, let him lay in it.

I saw what is on the bathroom wall and somebody told me who did it and they will be fired when I tell my steward:LMAO::duh:
And I'm getting $25,000:bananag:

As a recognized REPRESENTATIVE of the local union, failure to report an accusation of ANY harassment could result in Federal charges against anyone with knowledge of the alleged incident who failed to act. As well the officers of that local for failure to properly represent. My advice to all, if you would be ashamed if your grandmother knew about anything you do, DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Come on show me some Law,Link, bylaws,reference, copy and paste something!!!