FedEx Freight | So how is FedEx Freight as a company to work for?

Pompano said:
A little sarcasm????????:bigfinger:

Yes I was off topic a little, but the post about the years of service made me think of this and I didn't mean to scare ya. Just wondered how they would merge the two. I guess Fedex gave the AF guys the years of service that they had with AF. I was just asking if they would do the same with another carrier they may buy out. Carry on.

BTW No it not sarcasm.

Momoney said:
da ! How many drivers onthe east side work more than 8 hrs a day on dock let alone 40 in a week. Think before you type.:duh:

In the chicagoland area theres 8 centers wintin 20 to 40 miles of one of the 2 hubs here so yeah 8+ and 40+ happens when its the only way for these guys to feed thier families, because the mileage sure isn't enough!!

Yes Your Right

PocketChange said:
In the chicagoland area theres 8 centers wintin 20 to 40 miles of one of the 2 hubs here so yeah 8+ and 40+ happens when its the only way for these guys to feed thier families, because the mileage sure isn't enough!!
But, thats Chicago. And it makes sence that they are getting ot on road in CHI, but in general this doesn't normally ahppen with road drivers

Arg.

Everytime I call I get told the person that does the apps is out of town.

Running an ad about hiring people then leaving town does not make sense.

Getting very annoyed. :(

Keep at it . It will show your interest in the job. You can't give up that easy .

If you can put up with BS youll be fine,all in all this aint a bad company too work for the money is good,its a corporate company now so the closness of a small fmily business is gone.

futuretrucker1234 said:
Arg.

Everytime I call I get told the person that does the apps is out of town.

Running an ad about hiring people then leaving town does not make sense.

Getting very annoyed. :(
Future trucker, just a thought, out here in Calif there are openings every summer for agricultural drivers. Free training. I don't think the committment would run beyond one summer. Downside is the hours 12 on 12off all week, all summer. Hours of service req does not apply to ag drivers. Up side is you would leave at the end of the summer with a class A and a doubles endorsement. Up side also is FedEx Freight west would put you into an accelerated dock driver program. Just a thought.

Maddog said:
Only one I see bringing it up all the time is YOU. Don't worry, I'm sure you won't be pushed too far down the line if it happens.
Madmutt
I only bring up the please leave it alone aspect of your unwanted repetition of the Watkins thing. Apparently you must be a Watkins person. I hesitate to call you an employee unless you are a dock worker. It is my understanding that delivery related personnel at Watkins are independant contractors, not employees. So, in the unlikely prospect that FedEx is in need of another carrier for whatever reason, an independant contractor is by definition not an employee and would have no seniority rights. So indeed, :tribehasspoken: :bigfinger:

hairbear said:
Madmutt
I only bring up the please leave it alone aspect of your unwanted repetition of the Watkins thing. Apparently you must be a Watkins person. I hesitate to call you an employee unless you are a dock worker. It is my understanding that delivery related personnel at Watkins are independant contractors, not employees. So, in the unlikely prospect that FedEx is in need of another carrier for whatever reason, an independant contractor is by definition not an employee and would have no seniority rights. So indeed, :tribehasspoken: :bigfinger:

Repetition??? LMAO @ U You brought it twice since my last post. Stupid is what stupid does....... stupid.