ABF | So This Is Pretty Cool

Thanks for the reply guys.
I had a very busy end of the week at my current job which is why the slow reply. Actually next weeks supposed to be busy at my current place they had a lot of new business heading their way, but after Monday I don’t think I’ll be at the current job much longer.

As a side note I got passed up by an ABF truck this week on I-76 he was heading in on his way to the terminal as a matter of fact.

all in all.. it's just another name on the door ... don't sweat it. . no big deal
Where I work now there aren’t many if any defectors like my self to ABF. I did ask the boss if he ever had anyone from Sysco or US Foods he said not so much or not really at all. I work for a food company right now been there 8 years a big name not as big as Sysco or US Foods but pretty big the company is based out of Grand Rapids, MI.

I have great co-workers at my current place, but the company it’s self it’s not what it used to be.

So I have my test Monday. ABF's safety department sent me a nice video on hooking and unhooking double trailers. Which is good, I watched the video twice. I appreciate that they did that. I like the set up they have. The equipments a little different then what we have where I work now, but same principal lol (ABFs equipment is better, but that's just my opinion.) I had to laugh they said in the video make sure the eyelid on the converter dolly is only 4"-6" off from the pintle hook I learned something there I never thought about that before.

So I have my test Monday. ABF's safety department sent me a nice video on hooking and unhooking double trailers. Which is good, I watched the video twice. I appreciate that they did that. I like the set up they have. The equipments a little different then what we have where I work now, but same principal lol (ABFs equipment is better, but that's just my opinion.) I had to laugh they said in the video make sure the eyelid on the converter dolly is only 4"-6" off from the pintle hook I learned something there I never thought about that before.
I’ve moved a lot of con gears, what’s an eyelid?

You may have not been told that it is must to report any accident no matter how insignificant it may seem. The company normally does not discharge any employee, even a new hire during their probation period because of an accident unless they are impaired.

Alright guys, well Monday is the big day. I got word today that, my road test is scheduled for Monday morning so I am going to work every night really trying to self coach my self the best I can and do a lot of fine tuning.
Make sure to check that the mirrors are properly mounted.