ABF | So This Is Pretty Cool

So I have my test Monday. ABF's safety department sent me a nice video on hooking and unhooking double trailers. Which is good, I watched the video twice. I appreciate that they did that. I like the set up they have. The equipments a little different then what we have where I work now, but same principal lol (ABFs equipment is better, but that's just my opinion.) I had to laugh they said in the video make sure the eyelid on the converter dolly is only 4"-6" off from the pintle hook I learned something there I never thought about that before.
I will be at the New Penn terminal in Scranton at the end of March, training some of their guys on hooking sets. If you are in the area ,stop by.

So last night I gave my current place my official resignation. I had an official email in writing telling me when my first day at ABF is so I said there it is and put in my 2 weeks at my current employer.

Tomorrow will be my 8 year anniversary at my current job it’s the end of an era and the start of a new chapter.

Alright guys Monday morning I’m coming to ABF.
Clocked out of the food company for the last time today. Ready to join the ABF team.

F5EC3EFD-AD4D-4BCA-893B-91D3928EABBC.md.jpeg F890D11A-3979-4676-9F25-A04C55D1E937.md.jpeg
So the picture above was the last load/stop I ever did at the food company and I snapped the picture this morning of me parking the truck I drove for them in the yard last truck I drove for them.

On to a brand new start on Monday I had some good friends at the food company that I left behind but I’m looking forward to making some new good friends at ABF. Thanks for having me I look forward to working with and serving you all.

If any of you guys care I did write an opinion piece of my employment at Gordon Food Service and my 8 years there and what I think. I normally don't do this and ask, but I'll put it up here if any of you guys are interested to see how the other half lives. Obviously nobody is quitting ABF to work at Gordon Food Service, but if you want to know what there deal is and see how the other half lives it'll give you an idea.

F5EC3EFD-AD4D-4BCA-893B-91D3928EABBC.md.jpeg F890D11A-3979-4676-9F25-A04C55D1E937.md.jpeg
So the picture above was the last load/stop I ever did at the food company and I snapped the picture this morning of me parking the truck I drove for them in the yard last truck I drove for them.

On to a brand new start on Monday I had some good friends at the food company that I left behind but I’m looking forward to making some new good friends at ABF. Thanks for having me I look forward to working with and serving you all.
Keep the pics. Time will take away some mental pictures. You apparently left on good terms. Best to not burn any bridges. (That is a saying we have here in the hills). If you do look for another job in the future, a positive job reference is a plus.

Hi guys had my first day at work today at ABF went through orientation. I’m on like information overload right now haha, but they said as you go along you figure it all out and it’s fine. You know how it is when you learn a new skill and all that stuff.