Yellow | Someone Please Tell Me This Is Not True

Roadhazard started out by saying, someone tell me this is not true. No one has done so yet. Evidently there are not very many KCM employees who log in here. I passed a rumor from KCM road drivers on here several weeks back and nobody there ever came on here to comment about that. Seems there has been a lot of judgment here about something that hasn't been verified.
I can only remember 2 KCM employees that come on here, but I have also heard the story from a couple of our(STL)drivers that turn KCM on a daily basis, and they are saying the same thing.

I heard from 2 KCM drivers last week that 3 stewards including the Main Road steward were on suspension from KCM due to going over the 70 hour rule. From what I understand , it takes 2 or 3 of these violations to get suspended. If this is true , KCM drivers need to vote these bums out NOW. 40 or so road drivers laid off and the road steward is violating rules that screws the bottom drivers. What have we come to?
IT'S NOT TRUE! There, happy now? Thats what you wanted to hear! :biglaugh:

70 hours total, driving and on duty not driving. You can not be on duty more than 70
hours period,read your books.

Larry retired, stop passing rumors!!
That all depends if you are talking about contract or DOT. By DOT regs you can work 24 hours a day for 7 days as long as you dont drive after 11/daily driving or 70 total in a week!!! Maybe you should refresh!!:1036316054:

70 hours total, driving and on duty not driving. You can not be on duty more than 70
hours period,read your books.

Lumpersam it's you who better go back and read your books :duh: - specifically Section 395.3 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations which pertain to "Maximum driving time for property-carrying vehicles".

As I've said earlier (and as a professional driver what you should already know) the Federal Regulations restrict when and how long you can DRIVE, not how long you can work.

Lumpersam it's you who better go back and read your books :duh: - specifically Section 395.3 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations which pertain to "Maximum driving time for property-carrying vehicles".

As I've said earlier (and as a professional driver what you should already know) the Federal Regulations restrict when and how long you can DRIVE, not how long you can work.
:1036316054:That was my point, if I wasnt clear I apoligize!!

If you remembered to stamp it Approved for posting -- Dictator ECI, then its okay. You're simply exercising your authority.

Yes, v, but ECI's are never supposed to stoop that low in the first place. I did that before this sacred club was formed, otherwise I would have been excommunicated immediately.

Work to live, not live to work

who wants to work more than 70 hrs anyway? I dont, give me 40, better yet i can roll with 30 a week come on:funky:
Right on, USF523

A driver that can't make a living in 70 hours has more than just an hours-of-service problem!

Right on, USF523

A driver that can't make a living in 70 hours has more than just an hours-of-service problem!

Just like all the rest of you, I worked with people who needed every single second of OT to maintain their lifestyle. There is no use trying to reason with these people, they are so entrenched in their narrow little quest for MONEY that they can't see beyond the end of their nose. Different people had different reasons. I knew one guy who was supporting his useless son and useless former brother-in-law. How absurd! I knew another who's brother was a rich professional, and he was constantly trying to keep up with said brother. How pathetic!

Anyway, I always tried to live within the confines of a straight forty. The reason being, the company can take that OT away at the drop of a dime. Then where the hell are you? Actually you all know the answer to that. They are in the office screaming about this horrible injustice that has just befallen them.:hissyfit:

You are always saying things that I'm too stupid to understand.
I'll say this slow so you can catch up :biglaugh: Just joshing you Larry, :console: it can be hard to understand e-mail/posting intent sometimes. I enjoy watching the suck arse whine when the boss is'nt paying enough attention to their needs and the 7th hour is a forced overtime thing in the Central States conference that you may not be aware of. The Wolf wants no OT. Now that I've drawn a picture do you understand? :smilie_132:

I'll say this slow so you can catch up :biglaugh: Just joshing you Larry, :console: it can be hard to understand e-mail/posting intent sometimes. I enjoy watching the suck arse whine when the boss is'nt paying enough attention to their needs and the 7th hour is a forced overtime thing in the Central States conference that you may not be aware of. The Wolf wants no OT. Now that I've drawn a picture do you understand? :smilie_132:

Thank you! That seventh hour thing had me all confused. I don't understand how it works. Out here they come to you sometime before your shift is over, when there is a need, and offer two over.