XPO | Someones doing very well

Heres your sign!

But these days he's talking up organic growth and the $450 million a year XPO is pouring into automation and technology. Of its 95,000 employees, 1,700 are tech professionals, including 100 data quants. "Anything we can automate, we are either automating already or we have on the drawing board to automate,"

He had $62.5 million dollars to invest in the original Express 1. No matter how free it is , most of us don't have that type if money laying around.
but he started from somewhere. Not bad for a college drop out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_S._Jacobs

"After its 2015 purchase of Con-way, XPO's share prices dropped 33%, as Con-way was considered a poor performer in the industry despite its size" now look were we are

but he started from somewhere. Not bad for a college drop out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_S._Jacobs

"After its 2015 purchase of Con-way, XPO's share prices dropped 33%, as Con-way was considered a poor performer in the industry despite its size" now look were we are

It's weird how people look up to those who are stepping on their necks and profiteering off of them.

Jacobs is no scrappy college drop out done good.

He attended attended Mount Hermon School, Bennington College, and Brown. He was literally born on third base and you are telling us he is a natural triples hitter.

It's weird how people look up to those who are stepping on their necks and profiteering off of them.

Jacobs is no scrappy college drop out done good.

He attended attended Mount Hermon School, Bennington College, and Brown. He was literally born on third base and you are telling us he is a natural triples hitter.

"Stepping on their necks and profiteering off of them". Brother why are you here? If you are being misused and abused in your mind to that degree why are you still here? What does that say about you? Some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Some people work smarter and plan better to become wealthy on a scale most drivers can not relate to. I was a " C " student, joined the Navy and now drive a truck. Not the best choices for wealth building. So should I be like you and despise the man that has more? No. I neither pity the poor nor envy the rich. I made my decision to work here just like you did. If you are feeling the boot on your neck by your financial betters here go somewhere else. I am sure the boots there will have a velvet heel.

"Stepping on their necks and profiteering off of them". Brother why are you here? If you are being misused and abused in your mind to that degree why are you still here? What does that say about you? Some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Some people work smarter and plan better to become wealthy on a scale most drivers can not relate to. I was a " C " student, joined the Navy and now drive a truck. Not the best choices for wealth building. So should I be like you and despise the man that has more? No. I neither pity the poor nor envy the rich. I made my decision to work here just like you did. If you are feeling the boot on your neck by your financial betters here go somewhere else. I am sure the boots there will have a velvet heel.
WiggleWagon! You shouldn't address another employee like this! Snowflakes need to be handled with kid gloves.Milk and cookies,SAFE PLACES ,& speak softly as to not upset them.REMEMBER,everyone gets a trophy. How can XPO attract drivers if they think they'll be spoken to like an adult! Please don't alienate anymore of them,i am carrying too many at the FAC now! Until HOS is amended,70 is all DOT WILL ALLOW.

I'm in the process of working out a plan with a small, worker owned, data analytics startup to come on board. If everything goes well I will be gone by July.

In short, I am doing my level best to leave this place. If this particular plan falls through, I will work on something else. I promised both myself and my wife I'd be out of this industry by the end of 2018 and i plan on meeting that goal.

Last edited:
WiggleWagon! You shouldn't address another employee like this! Snowflakes need to be handled with kid gloves.Milk and cookies,SAFE PLACES ,& speak softly as to not upset them.REMEMBER,everyone gets a trophy. How can XPO attract drivers if they think they'll be spoken to like an adult! Please don't alienate anymore of them,i am carrying too many at the FAC now! Until HOS is amended,70 is all DOT WILL ALLOW.

Way to get triggered, ya goof.

Keep grindin', the Board of Directors bank accounts love you for it.

There's one thing to get rich by growing a business and another to do it slowly taking it from your employees. Just look around people are leaving in droves. That's not a good thing. Why are they leaving ? If things where so great employees would be singing their praises and be enthusiastic. If you could go back and look at old CCX post here you would see it was just the opposite of whats posted here now. People feel they are being taking for a ride that has nothing good in store for them.

Last edited:
Just look around people are leaving in droves. That's not a good thing. Why are they leaving ?

Not my problem. If enough people leave, things may change- but I'm not losing sleep over it.

If things where so great employees would be singing their praises and be enthusiastic. If you could go back and look at old CCX post here you would see it was just the opposite of whats posted here now.

And where did that enthusiasm get us? A bloated, comfortable company spoiled rotten by its own success and a perfect target for acquisition despite its ostensibly enthusiastic employees. It really doesn't matter how you feel about where we're going- you and I are not driving the bus.

There's one thing to get rich by growing a business and another to do it slowly taking it from your employees. Just look around people are leaving in droves. That's not a good thing. Why are they leaving ? If things where so great employees would be singing their praises and be enthusiastic. If you could go back and look at old CCX post here you would see it was just the opposite of whats posted here now. People feel they are being taking for a ride that has nothing good in store for them.
You say people are leaving. I'll take your word for that. At my terminal we are adding drivers. Many drivers. We are growing. So I look at what I see and then I see what I read and have to figure out which is the truth. I'll believe what I see with my own eyes. My barn is growing, wages are good. These new guys appreciate the opportunity of a solid career. Old hands are making fine money. Plenty of reasons to enjoy this job and your life. I am a 16 year guy. Not a novice here. Driving for 30 years now. From where I have been to where I am now with XPO is worlds apart. This is the best trucking job I've had. I don't bite the hand that feeds me.

You say people are leaving. I'll take your word for that. At my terminal we are adding drivers. Many drivers. We are growing. So I look at what I see and then I see what I read and have to figure out which is the truth. I'll believe what I see with my own eyes. My barn is growing, wages are good. These new guys appreciate the opportunity of a solid career. Old hands are making fine money. Plenty of reasons to enjoy this job and your life. I am a 16 year guy. Not a novice here. Driving for 30 years now. From where I have been to where I am now with XPO is worlds apart. This is the best trucking job I've had. I don't bite the hand that feeds me.
That's good for you, truly glad your happy