Yellow | Something big happening Monday?

Non-union hourly and management layoffs!

309 driver supervisor let slip tonight that something big is happening this coming Monday. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?
It's probably more non-union hourly and management layoffs! We heard today that they whacked 27 customer care and inside sales reps and their manager at the 211 terminal. We also heard they whacked customer care reps at 6 other barns across the country! It is also rumored that dozens more got whacked at the Akron General Office today! Don't know the exact figures, since YRCW won't comment at this time since layoffs are "ongoing"! I don't like to see anyone lose their job, but it's about time the non-unions and management share some of these layoffs like the Teamster employees have for months! How many "dock walkers" do we need on a shift now anyway to supervise the "skeleton crews" we have left on some shifts! :TR10driving03:

431 is Memphis. I believe Taylor made hit an extra key on the 315 being laid off. I'm from Holland, I was over at the YRC barn the other day and it appeared to be very busy. Consolidating these 2 monster barns into 1, OMG what a cluster ----. I've got to hand it to these guys, they seemed to have pulled it off.

It's probably more non-union hourly and management layoffs! We heard today that they whacked 27 customer care and inside sales reps and their manager at the 211 terminal. We also heard they whacked customer care reps at 6 other barns across the country! It is also rumored that dozens more got whacked at the Akron General Office today! :TR10driving03:

Where is 211??

It was easier when we had the 3 digit alpha codes to figure it out... i.e. DET, CVE...

Copley-211, Richfield-257, Cleveland-218

Where is 211??

It was easier when we had the 3 digit alpha codes to figure it out... i.e. DET, CVE...

Sorry I forgot there still are a few "Yellow Legacy" brothers and sisters working! 211 is Copley, Ohio. About 15 minutes north we have 257-Richfield, Ohio, and 218-Cleveland, Ohio. (Both 257 and 218 barns are in Richfield, Ohio about 4 miles apart). Sorry for the unintended confusion!:shift:

i heard from one of our sups, 100, in management, across the country. i too hate to see anyone lose there job, but with that said, id damn sure hate to see all of lose our jobs more!

309 driver supervisor let slip tonight that something big is happening this coming Monday. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

I hear Big cuts are coming and new break bulks are on the way. Take it for what it's worth, could be bullshit, a lot off talk going around! Who really knows.

Reengineered Network!

I hear Big cuts are coming and new break bulks are on the way. Take it for what it's worth, could be bullshit, a lot off talk going around! Who really knows.

We also heard that the whole network is being "re=engineered" and that there will be more terminal closings/mergers and some freight flows may change possibly causing breakbulks to downsize or close. Look for a possible major change of ops!:Flame-On:

309 driver supervisor let slip tonight that something big is coming Monday. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Mr. Lover's Mom will be flying over the corporate headquarters and then heading over to the ballpark for the Royals game. Mr. Lover will be at the controls.

Big News

King Ken GOM here in Salt Lake City sent a memo to all his supervisors that they will write a letter each week for a safety violation. If they do not they must stay on their last shift of the week until they do. Big news here !

211 Copley update, my understanding is customer service reps were let go along with someone in sales management. The tm, (AF), was not let go. No changes at CVE/RFO (218/257) that I have heard of.