Central Transport | Sounds like vitran/pjax are just gonna walk right in and take over???

ct42long

TB Lurker
Credits
if you read these post on the Vitran forum you would think these guys are the next best thing since sliced bread? all these years with these csa scores that are off the charts? they make us sound like we don't even belong in the same room breathing they're air???? well guess what they got sold not us and they are coming to our barn they have to learn our way, run freight like they are told to, seriously its a shame they're company sold them out financially, our company is saving them.... you would think instead of talking all that (were better than you crap) they should just be grateful, with this bad economy. welcome to central I cant wait to meet you............

The last thing you need to do is be mad with them. Learn from them and they should learn from you. Join forces and stay working. Going to work everyday to fight is no good. Let the owners of the company fight that fight. You try to just be you like always. You can take advice or leave it. But i've been there done that. maybe its the same at all places now. what a shame.

Nobody is mad, but if your going to get on a forum and soap box how great you are while putting the drivers they will be working with at a lower level, gets under your skin . so like I said I look forward to meeting them, because one thing about Central is they consistently change the game on you, every one has they're undesirable drivers(referring to a vitran post), I'm sure they have they're fair share, oh and another thing keep comparing yourself to OD and UPS really????? I heard they are hiring , you can be on call,....sitting by the phone hoping you get some hours.

Central is a joke in the LTL industry, ur company is the only LTL outfit to offer a sign on bonus, hell i wouldnt doubt it if ur owner bought vitran to fully staff central, bcuz the new drivers wouldnt have a choice if they wanted to keep their job. So get off your soap box, bcuz ur the laughing stock in the industry. U got junk equpiment, junk barns, and thugs n felons driving up n down the highway, iwonder why the only threads i see on centrals page is photos of centrals rigs flipped over n in accidents???? Oh thats right they hire the cream of the crop. More like the ones that cant get a driving job with a REAL LTL OUTFIT. I feel sorry for all vitran/ pjax people that have to come work at that filth that you call central

Damn dude, thats rough, but where I am were gettin more and more like Central everyday, so its no wonder Im looking to leave.....

I am a Vitran driver...or was before we were bought by Central Transport. It is true we would not have a job had CT not bought us. It is also true that CT's CSA score is so bad that V's DOT number will be used to raise the score.

That is just one example of the back and forth we can do. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of V drivers who are afraid (including myself) about what the future holds. When people are afraid they do things they normally would not. I already see this at my barn with a major increase in people having major blow outs with each other.

My biggest fear is not knowing if I will be pressured to run trucks and trailers that will not pass a DOT inspection. I will not do it. I will quit. There is a lot of unanswered questions for many of us.

I know V drivers who will show up and try to "take over". I also know V drivers who will show up and do their job, try to get along with everyone.

Likewise, I am sure there will be CT drivers who will not be welcoming to me, and some will be.

I am going to show up, stay quiet while I see how things operate, try to make some friends, and keep looking for another job like I was before it was announced CT bought V.

What I am asking is please take each driver as an individual-and that is for V and CT.

I am a Vitran driver...or was before we were bought by Central Transport. It is true we would not have a job had CT not bought us. It is also true that CT's CSA score is so bad that V's DOT number will be used to raise the score.

That is just one example of the back and forth we can do. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of V drivers who are afraid (including myself) about what the future holds. When people are afraid they do things they normally would not. I already see this at my barn with a major increase in people having major blow outs with each other.

My biggest fear is not knowing if I will be pressured to run trucks and trailers that will not pass a DOT inspection. I will not do it. I will quit. There is a lot of unanswered questions for many of us.

I know V drivers who will show up and try to "take over". I also know V drivers who will show up and do their job, try to get along with everyone.

Likewise, I am sure there will be CT drivers who will not be welcoming to me, and some will be.

I am going to show up, stay quiet while I see how things operate, try to make some friends, and keep looking for another job like I was before it was announced CT bought V.

What I am asking is please take each driver as an individual-and that is for V and CT.

Ok that was well said, i might have gone off the deep end with my last post. But i have worked for both outfits and vitran by far was a better ran company, what i mean is squipment was better taken care of, o.t. after 45, and a decent wage (if u sere toppex out). But i can tell you one thing, the first month will be just like it was when pjax and vitran became one then vitran and milan became one. The kicker is, this time you will become a differnt name and this time you will be the new guy, i guess vitran drivers will know how milan drivers felt that first week of reporting to a new boss. Good luck and dont settle for the bottom of the barrel, now this might be out of line but im not a guy who is known to sugar coat, once you hit rock bottom (central transport) the only way you can go is up.

Ok that was well said, i might have gone off the deep end with my last post. But i have worked for both outfits and vitran by far was a better ran company, what i mean is squipment was better taken care of, o.t. after 45, and a decent wage (if u sere toppex out). But i can tell you one thing, the first month will be just like it was when pjax and vitran became one then vitran and milan became one. The kicker is, this time you will become a differnt name and this time you will be the new guy, i guess vitran drivers will know how milan drivers felt that first week of reporting to a new boss. Good luck and dont settle for the bottom of the barrel, now this might be out of line but im not a guy who is known to sugar coat, once you hit rock bottom (central transport) the only way you can go is up.

You have worked at central and vitran and moved on, (congratulations by the way). I think you saying that is different than someone from V only carrying on.

We are in for a lot of turmoil at the work places. It is already happening at v terminals.

Central is a joke in the LTL industry, ur company is the only LTL outfit to offer a sign on bonus, hell i wouldnt doubt it if ur owner bought vitran to fully staff central, bcuz the new drivers wouldnt have a choice if they wanted to keep their job. So get off your soap box, bcuz ur the laughing stock in the industry. U got junk equpiment, junk barns, and thugs n felons driving up n down the highway, iwonder why the only threads i see on centrals page is photos of centrals rigs flipped over n in accidents???? Oh thats right they hire the cream of the crop. More like the ones that cant get a driving job with a REAL LTL OUTFIT. I feel sorry for all vitran/ pjax people that have to come work at that filth that you call central

I don't see how anything I said pertains to you but thanks for your opinion. Central isn't the best place to work but it is work believe me I can write chapters on all the stuff I've seen, equipment issues, TM's that expect the undoable, dispatchers who don't have a clue , frustration on top of frustration, calling road service or dispatch and being looped on the phone for ever and ever. everything you said about central I know, seen it, watched it, or lived it, and don't defend it. but what I can do is get on (Central's Forum) and hopefully get central drivers opinions and see if any one else is tired of hearing how this acquisitioned company is going to do this and that, obviously that isn't looking to be the case. but that being said, I will be the thieve, thug and felon you despise and go to my junky barn and drive my junky equipment and let the cream that is integrated into centrals folds rise to the top while I and the rest of us marinate on the bottom of the barrel, and every Friday go cash my check pay my bills and come back on Monday and do it all over again, and dream about how much better a real LTL company would be like, thank you for putting me right in my place, I have learned from you.

I like your reply, I can say that equipment issues aren't the problem they use to be, if your terminal has a shop, if you find something that needs addressed during pre trip they will fix it this is one change that has been made at least where I'm located. they wont force you to drive a truck or trailer with D.O.T. issues, if you did it would be a pre trip issue, brakes lights and tires, air leaks, paper work up to par( insurance and registration) find something wrong take it to the shop paper work not right tell TM to print it out for the truck???? hope you have a pleasant transition.

Fellas,
Its not the people that work at CT that suck, it's CT itself. I can't blame anyone for working at any company. Everyone needs a job and sometimes jobs are very limited. Drivers don't leave good companies cuz then they have to work at crapholes like CT. I've been told at CT to drive around the weigh stations on more than one occasion because of equipment not in DOT standards and if I refused then I didn't work. I've seen "mechanics" at CT work on trucks then the truck catch on fire.
Drivers don't need to fight each other, CT is already beating you down.

Good for me...I came from crappier places...Never been in a new truck..The newest was 09's, this in ND oilfield, where I just came from..

Some of you, need to check out the ND oilfield......Just craiglist North Dakota transp jobs..It quite amazing

I spent 4 months there...made enough to pay off house(35k)....hauled water!! yup, agua, all day long, 30 an hour, 80 to 100 hour weeks!! WTF!!!

Gonna retire at CT!! lol...Im here to rest boys, if I gotta put bulbs in, and re-reflectorfy the trailers, fckit, I'll do it..Im here for an super easy job bringing a load of stuffs to one place...cant see all the drama and hoopla

Glad to hear that equip issues are being dealt with at some terminals...It'll spread...I'll do mypart...

New sherrif in town!!!!! Watch out CT AZ guys...Mike is here, and...well...sht, don't have anything else....back to my taco

Nobody is mad, but if your going to get on a forum and soap box how great you are while putting the drivers they will be working with at a lower level, gets under your skin . so like I said I look forward to meeting them, because one thing about Central is they consistently change the game on you, every one has they're undesirable drivers(referring to a vitran post), I'm sure they have they're fair share, oh and another thing keep comparing yourself to OD and UPS really????? I heard they are hiring , you can be on call,....sitting by the phone hoping you get some hours.

Some of us from Vitran are happy that CT bought us, it was just a matter of time before they went under. Been on call with C-Mac out of det, lasted their 6 weeks before I went to Vitran. I look forward to being welcome at CT and would prefer just to keep on working.

Some of us from Vitran are happy that CT bought us, it was just a matter of time before they went under. Been on call with C-Mac out of det, lasted their 6 weeks before I went to Vitran. I look forward to being welcome at CT and would prefer just to keep on working.

Its called pay ur dues and every good job you have to climb the totem pole, and soon enough you can get up to the top three on the extra board or even a schedule run and make a hundred grand a year.... does the top driver even make a hundred grand at ct? 80,000? 75,000? Sounds like settling for a underpaying outfit works for you as long as u can work everyday. You sound like that "one guy" that after 6 months on the road you expect 66cpm and a 630 mile run. Lol now how are you going to react (if true) when the vitran drivers come in and get dovetailed??? Man i guess you just might have to sit by the phone at a underpaying central trans after all. Good luck, theres always that GREAT paying job like odfl or ups that u can sit by the phone for. Top pay for both outfits are in the high 50s to high 60 cpm.

Everyone of you vitran drivers keep talking about dovetailing. Who cares. We do not have a bid board and you will not be able to bump someone off there run.

Its called pay ur dues and every good job you have to climb the totem pole, and soon enough you can get up to the top three on the extra board or even a schedule run and make a hundred grand a year.... does the top driver even make a hundred grand at ct? 80,000? 75,000? Sounds like settling for a underpaying outfit works for you as long as u can work everyday. You sound like that "one guy" that after 6 months on the road you expect 66cpm and a 630 mile run. Lol now how are you going to react (if true) when the vitran drivers come in and get dovetailed??? Man i guess you just might have to sit by the phone at a underpaying central trans after all. Good luck, theres always that GREAT paying job like odfl or ups that u can sit by the phone for. Top pay for both outfits are in the high 50s to high 60 cpm.

Our city guys averaged low to high 70's, last year. Did we put in long hours yeah

sent from my Crifftastic $3

Everyone of you vitran drivers keep talking about dovetailing. Who cares. We do not have a bid board and you will not be able to bump someone off there run.

How does the Linehaul bid work. I have talked to two CT LH drivers and got two very different stories.

If the number one driver wants a run the number three driver has it is unknown until number three bids. How does all that work.

I did hear the runs are assigned by what Warren MI thinks the driver thinks a good run will be. I also heard the bid works the same as at V. Whether V or CT we have not one time been told anything true. I figure six months or a year from now it will be clear how this will go down. It will go down once, and then continually change when someone in management gets a new idea.

If the number one driver wants a run the number three driver has it is unknown until number three bids. How does all that work."Duh!!!Talk to number 2!!! Big Bird can tell ya that!!!"

just kidding, didn't have any real substance to offer

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the Linehaul bid work. I have talked to two CT LH drivers and got two very different stories.

If the number one driver wants a run the number three driver has it is unknown until number three bids. How does all that work.

I did hear the runs are assigned by what Warren MI thinks the driver thinks a good run will be. I also heard the bid works the same as at V. Whether V or CT we have not one time been told anything true. I figure six months or a year from now it will be clear how this will go down. It will go down once, and then continually change when someone in management gets a new idea.

there is no bid board... some runs pay more than others, they have what they pay on a sheet , it's posted at your term. only thing you may have a chance to bid on is vacation. I don't know what line haul pay scale is but I do know top rate is 23.00 overtime after 55, for city pedals.....and normally go out with 7 to 10 stops and picking up anywhere from 4 to 8 stops, mandatory 1/2 hour lunch after 5 hours on duty, dolphin puts you on lunch cant scan any freight till the 30 clicks off and the dolphins do have GPS so if you run on your lunch expect to be questioned about it, possibly receive a write up for it? going to have to catch a line haul driver in your area to know what the runs you may be doing Pay???? every area is different.