XPO | Star Card Abuse!

S

shortcircuit

I don't know about your Facility, but at mine, we are heavily encouraged to use the Star Cards regularly. Well, of course, we are also told, we can fill them out on the clock. Most do not abuse that at our Facility, though I did raise an eyebrow once or twice ;)

Do you "like" the Star Cards? Do you feel it is still or ever was a good program?

I find it useful, but only hand one out when someone really strikes me as "AWESOME"!

When someone drops what they are doing to come help me, or is taking that extra step to help someone else, or if they are always doing the above, I use the Star Cards.

Funny thing though, I get my fair share of SC's to, but when I get one for silly stuff, it makes me mad.

What do you think? Do you use them? Do you get them? What about QLA? Is it being realisticly implemented at your Facility?

Just curious what others think :)

ShortCircuit

shortcircuit said:
I don't know about your Facility, but at mine, we are heavily encouraged to use the Star Cards regularly. Well, of course, we are also told, we can fill them out on the clock. Most do not abuse that at our Facility, though I did raise an eyebrow once or twice ;)

Do you "like" the Star Cards? Do you feel it is still or ever was a good program?

I find it useful, but only hand one out when someone really strikes me as "AWESOME"!

When someone drops what they are doing to come help me, or is taking that extra step to help someone else, or if they are always doing the above, I use the Star Cards.

Funny thing though, I get my fair share of SC's to, but when I get one for silly stuff, it makes me mad.

What do you think? Do you use them? Do you get them? What about QLA? Is it being realisticly implemented at your Facility?

Just curious what others think :)

ShortCircuit
I use them for holiday card.They mean nothing.I give a lot of them out.

The star card program like the little pictures of food on the fast food cash registers contributes to the dummying down of America. What is more sickening than giving out a friggen card to a human being is a human being actually feeling good about accepting it. When we go to work we should know what our job is. Those of us that actually do our job do not need to be rewarded with a piece of paper. Anyone with work ethics knows this.

I believe that STAR cards is or has become good for nothing. Not many people give them out unless they are reminded to or management needing to meet a quota.
Sure they make you feel good for a small amount of time, some drivers thrive on getting them letgitimately. I get them every so often. (Chock one up for the good side of my file....right?)

Do they help you out when you get into trouble? It might make a conference call difference at XGO seeing that you go above and beyond the call of duty. They would probably hope they are given out for the right reasons and not for the heck of it.

Some drivers showed me their STAR cards. I couldn't believe what I saw.
Thank you for coming into work?
Thank you for keeping my tractor windows cleaned?
Thank you for being you?
Thank you for sticking up for me when so and so FOS was reaming me out?
....and many more dumb ones.

How stupid can a person get to give one of those out? Those are the most bare essentials of being a person. Now Thats total abuse it actually pisses me off that it was given.
In a nutshell: I see card abuse. Star Cards should be given when someone goes above and beyond the call of duty. Not for doing what they are supposed to be doing....their job.

Great Topic short circuit!!

I can see the good in the star Card program... But, I agree with Dockworker, They are being abused way to often to have a positive impact on anything...

When you fill out a Star Card you fill out a bottom "receipt" and turn it in to your TM and that Piece of paper goes into the person's file... But it doesn't say what you got the Star Card for, Just that you got one and who gave it to you... There should have to be a requirement that you have to specify why the card was given... They should be given only when someone actually deserves them... Not just a "for the heck of it" thing...

That's my 2 Cents....

MG

Dockworker said:
I believe that STAR cards is or has become good for nothing. Not many people give them out unless they are reminded to or management needing to meet a quota.
Sure they make you feel good for a small amount of time, some drivers thrive on getting them letgitimately. I get them every so often. (Chock one up for the good side of my file....right?)

Do they help you out when you get into trouble? It might make a conference call difference at XGO seeing that you go above and beyond the call of duty. They would probably hope they are given out for the right reasons and not for the heck of it.

Some drivers showed me their STAR cards. I couldn't believe what I saw.
Thank you for coming into work?
Thank you for keeping my tractor windows cleaned?
Thank you for being you?
Thank you for sticking up for me when so and so FOS was reaming me out?
....and many more dumb ones.

How stupid can a person get to give one of those out? Those are the most bare essentials of being a person. Now Thats total abuse it actually pisses me off that it was given.
In a nutshell: I see card abuse. Star Cards should be given when someone goes above and beyond the call of duty. Not for doing what they are supposed to be doing....their job.

Great Topic short circuit!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :nutkick:

Today on Blues Clues (CF) we are giving GOLD STARS to the one that picks up the most blocks.:bgroovy: :party-smiley-017: :Pick-Me: :waycool:

Mozartsghost said:
I can see the good in the star Card program... But, I agree with Dockworker, They are being abused way to often to have a positive impact on anything...

When you fill out a Star Card you fill out a bottom "receipt" and turn it in to your TM and that Piece of paper goes into the person's file... But it doesn't say what you got the Star Card for, Just that you got one and who gave it to you... There should have to be a requirement that you have to specify why the card was given... They should be given only when someone actually deserves them... Not just a "for the heck of it" thing...

That's my 2 Cents....

MG

Yup! I completely agree! I like to notate on the file tear off WHY I gave it, so at least somewhere in posterity, it will be remembered :) (like a white shirt will ever let you see your file anyway.......LOL...kidding)

ShortCircuit

badlionsfan said:
again.....WHAT ARE STAR CARDS!!!!!
they are blue cards with 5 gold stars on it.they should be in your dispatch office.you are supposed to give them to someone that goes above and beyond the job.if there not there look in dispatch the next time your in xco there there by the dispatch window.

ahhh ok. they prolly don't bother sending them to xcl due to the fact that no one does any more than they have to to keep their job.

gearjammin said:
oh i see now brown nosing amongst drivers awww ain't that sweet
He said we our sweet.Do you alway tell other men they our sweet.Thank you