New Penn | start posting

Ex-Green Machine Man

I too used to drive for NP out of Camp Hill..Back in the late 70's and again in 2004 before I retired.I e-mailed most of my friends that still work there and told them to come back and re-register.Some did and some are gonna when they get around to it they said.from what I understand from most of the guys now things are really changing.Gone are the days of who you are to slowly becoming just numbers.What a shame but I guess all companys grow..Good luck in the future guys.
Dirtball

Welcome back ....
Now what about number 2 ?
I understand he took a work call tonight and then didn't have the hours to work. Had to re-call the whole list.
I thought he was working under a 30 day medical card ?? What happened ?

Thanks, He did have a 30 day card, he now has a 1 yr. card. How ? I dont know. About the work call you are right. I was told Friday he wore 2 differnt shoes to work and also got lost a couple times last wk. I cant figure it out.

shakey827 said:
Thanks, He did have a 30 day card, he now has a 1 yr. card. How ? I dont know. About the work call you are right. I was told Friday he wore 2 differnt shoes to work and also got lost a couple times last wk. I cant figure it out.
Yea ... saw the shoes friday night. One was a light color and the other was dark brown ...???
This guy is going to cause some real problems and I hope the only harm he does comes to himself. I wouldn't want to see him hurt anyone else.
Sometimes with age ... does not come wisdom !

The problem is, it is usually the inocent that end up hurt or worse. I agree with you, I hope no one gets hurt by this guy.

does anyone know why we are still using wilson and alvan? it would make sense to me to use holland. we are using the other two sister companies.

i'm going to say priceing has alot to do with it. wilson and npme been working togather at least 20 yrs now. alvan not that long, but sure they had time to set up priceing parameters before they dumped dayton freight.holland needs to get there o/r back to where it was, which has alot to do with priceing. hauling freight for free doesnt help anybody out.sister company or not.

allnightrain44 said:
i'm going to say priceing has alot to do with it. wilson and npme been working togather at least 20 yrs now. alvan not that long, but sure they had time to set up priceing parameters before they dumped dayton freight.holland needs to get there o/r back to where it was, which has alot to do with priceing. hauling freight for free doesnt help anybody out.sister company or not.
Check it out Allnightrain-Bestway or 102. Holland is in the low 90's. Try again. Grizz

nightowl said:
does anyone know why we are still using wilson and alvan? it would make sense to me to use holland. we are using the other two sister companies.
They have signed contracts which they must complete before switching to any other carriers.

Grizz said:
Check it out Allnightrain-Bestway or 102. Holland is in the low 90's. Try again. Grizz

You are right Grizz. They keep beating a dead horse on that O/R.

Why are they then interlinning with Bestway when they have a 102 O/R????:bgroovy: :duh:

JimJoe (jj) said:
You are right Grizz. They keep beating a dead horse on that O/R.

Why are they then interlinning with Bestway when they have a 102 O/R????:bgroovy: :duh:

Perhaps the lack of freight is contributing to the high OR and bringing more freight into the system from sister companies will help with that issue.
From what I've heard, May 1st is the start date for the new service and it's expected to be quite profitable freight.
The westbound Reddaway freight has been very successful also

Yea ... just saw a promotional item Thursday about the southern freight, starting May 1st..... The sales team is pushing it already so we should start seeing some of it soon. I know the upper northeast has benefited from the western freight so this could provide an extra push though out the system.
Overall, freight volume is slow.

we will not be using sister companies on some of the moves. we are picking up quite a bit of Ohio and Mich. freight but don't use Holland. the gulf coast will be serviced by someone else also. I believe it's about pricing more then anything else including o/r. we aren't in the business just to bail out other companies.

CFer said:
Perhaps the lack of freight is contributing to the high OR and bringing more freight into the system from sister companies will help with that issue.
From what I've heard, May 1st is the start date for the new service and it's expected to be quite profitable freight.
The westbound Reddaway freight has been very successful also
CFER you took the words right out of Bill Z's mouth. The only problem I can see is the equipment issue. YRC taking and converting all Dugan's pup's to Yellow frt makes no sense at all. Right know Bestway doesn't have enough pup's to move Holland frt from Memphis-west. GRIZZ

Justice what is your beef with Holland? Your little OF THE MARK comments are not going un-noticed. If your afraid that Holland is a treat to NP then say so. Stop the untrue comments about our O/R. Justice we are all working for the same company and need all our assets to make it. Don't think for a minute things can't go South. Your region is very vunerable as you know better than anyone else. Someday you'll need BAILED OUT.

I said nothing about the O/R other then it really isn't relevant in this situation, it is about pricing. I am stating facts that we are not using a sister company in Hollands area of operations ,so get off my back...

Justice said:
I said nothing about the O/R other then it really isn't relevant in this situation, it is about pricing. I am stating facts that we are not using a sister company in Hollands area of operations ,so get off my back...
Get off my back---what's that all about? Can you not debate a point. Don't get upset when your called out. I've been called out on unfactual points. Your bail out comment is what got my attention. So pricing is a problem with Holland? Which is it Holland's pricing is not up to NP's standard or NP's pricing is more in line with Non-union Wilson,Bestway in the south,or maybe Southeastern? Oh yes I read other forum's you post to. If you won't me off your back then get off Holland. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
Get off my back---what's that all about? Can you not debate a point. Don't get upset when your called out. I've been called out on unfactual points. Your bail out comment is what got my attention. So pricing is a problem with Holland? Which is it Holland's pricing is not up to NP's standard or NP's pricing is more in line with Non-union Wilson,Bestway in the south,or maybe Southeastern? Oh yes I read other forum's you post to. If you won't me off your back then get off Holland. GRIZZ
exactly what it says, I tried to explain what we were told by management. either sorry you had a hard time trying to interpret what I said it is simple and factual.There is NO agreement between HMES and NP to interline freight no one said Holland wasn't up to NP standards it's all about profit so climb off your horse. seems you might have a problem with New Penn?????