XPO | Stealing Time

1tdriver

Stealing Time: Performing a company required task without compensation or not performing a required task while being compensated. The first half of this statement is okay, the second half of the statement will get you terminated. Seems a little hypocritical ! :hysterical:

That being said, why are linehaul personnel consistently asked to be prepared for their dispatch and yet are waiting an hour to an hour and a half or more for loads with no compensation? Would this be considered stealing their personal time? Yet be over five minutes on your lunch break and BYE BYE :smilie_132:

What's your opinion ?

You guys are so micromanaged and mis-managed at crunch times.
You should have your loads ready at the stated cut times.

Are you punched in at the time they want you in or do they ask that you sit and wait for your loads off the clock?

I have waited for 2 hours before i have gotton my loads. I have been told you can hit the clock after one hour i don't know if it's true or not.

When we get our start time here in dallas, we have the option going to the dock and work till your loads are ready. Some of the drivers hit the dock.

Yea conway steals your time everyday. You steal from them, you gone.

When we get our start time here in dallas, we have the option going to the dock and work till your loads are ready. Some of the drivers hit the dock.

Yea conway steals your time everyday. You steal from them, you gone.

I think most of our runs are too long to work outbound before leaving. The place is such a zoo now, the smart ones have figured out what time to show up.

L/H is on the clock while doing pre-trip but NOT paid completely for it. They are to have it done in 8-10 minutes. That's a total of 18 minutes paid. If you can't get it done in 18 minutes or less then you are working on the clock for no pay (just paid for the 18 minutes).

L/H is on the clock while doing pre-trip but NOT paid completely for it. They are to have it done in 8-10 minutes. That's a total of 18 minutes paid. If you can't get it done in 18 minutes or less then you are working on the clock for no pay (just paid for the 18 minutes).

Huh??? Up here, you have 20 minutes to hook. It will take 80% of them more time to hook because we are a mess. Us P&D drivers are now not supposed to drop and park trucks. So, if you are a senior line driver, you must unhook your truck, fuel it, and hook. Big problem, there will still be trucks hooked to your load doors. So, you get to unhook, fuel, unhook, drop dolly, unhook, hook lead, and hook kite. 45 minutes on a good day.

We need drivers, and are getting good tonnage too............

Down here you get to clock in and get paid max for 18 total minutes. Anything after that is 'free time' and not paid for it. Another difference between north and south, huh?

Huh??? Up here, you have 20 minutes to hook. It will take 80% of them more time to hook because we are a mess. Us P&D drivers are now not supposed to drop and park trucks. So, if you are a senior line driver, you must unhook your truck, fuel it, and hook. Big problem, there will still be trucks hooked to your load doors. So, you get to unhook, fuel, unhook, drop dolly, unhook, hook lead, and hook kite. 45 minutes on a good day.

We need drivers, and are getting good tonnage too............

I have waited for 2 hours before i have gotton my loads. I have been told you can hit the clock after one hour i don't know if it's true or not.

It is true that you are supposed to clock in under origin wait time on your paysheet. If you really want to stir up a debate at your service center try clocking in after an hour of stealing your time. This won't go unnoticed and I can assure you your TM will discuss why you punched in and put that fire out. The only concern is that you are at their disposal immediately even if you have waited 1 hour or more on your time uncompensated.

The company tells you to be at work at a certain time for linehaul. Once you hit the company property you are legally supposed to begin logging that time. Even though you are waiting, it's still the law. If you guys were to actually log things correctly then Conway would be forced to get their act together. If there is any recourse contact the DOT, department of labor, state attorney general office and every media outlet you can. With the bleeding hearts out there these days they would be flooded with calls & unwanted attention. Too many linehaul drivers try and make a few extra dollars by not logging 1-2 hours or more a night and if you get into an accident a good private investigator will no doubt find out you have been illegally logging your records and sue YOU along with conway. The problem begins with YOU

18 mins.

Down here you get to clock in and get paid max for 18 total minutes. Anything after that is 'free time' and not paid for it. Another difference between north and south, huh?

not true. you get 18 min to hook. 10 min to p/t not paid by the clock. those 10 mins are paid under your mielage pay. i know doesnt make much sence. how do you check oil and other things while your going down the road. if for any reason you have to go over 18 min while hooking ( i.e. move city truck, trlr blocked in ) show the reson why on your 265 and you WILL be paid. :smilie_132:

You are having these issues because the processes in your SIC are not being managed correctly, whether by the FOS or SCM. Every service center has a complete list of required arrival times at their destination FACs, and if those are not being met, it is up to the SCM to dig in, discover the reason, fix the process, have their line drivers report timely for the right departure, arrive at the FAC on time. It could be a staffing problem on outbound, in the city, late customers, whatever. But having a driver wait because your team can't get the loads ready is a cardinal sin. There needs to be an immediate fix.

not true. you get 18 min to hook. 10 min to p/t not paid by the clock. those 10 mins are paid under your mielage pay. i know doesnt make much sence. how do you check oil and other things while your going down the road. if for any reason you have to go over 18 min while hooking ( i.e. move city truck, trlr blocked in ) show the reson why on your 265 and you WILL be paid. :smilie_132:

I quoted EXACTLY what my driver told me, what is done at HIS terminal. So it's true for HIM. Sounds like another case of the elusive "policy" being translated differently according to each terminal? You're right about it "being paid in your mileage" but when asked what the formula is to figure in the extra pretrip time no one could come up with it. Another 'Phantom' in the system that saves CW a dime here and a dime there.

You are having these issues because the processes in your SIC are not being managed correctly, whether by the FOS or SCM. Every service center has a complete list of required arrival times at their destination FACs, and if those are not being met, it is up to the SCM to dig in, discover the reason, fix the process, have their line drivers report timely for the right departure, arrive at the FAC on time. It could be a staffing problem on outbound, in the city, late customers, whatever. But having a driver wait because your team can't get the loads ready is a cardinal sin. There needs to be an immediate fix.

Look at some of the arrivals around the Central system and it becomes very apparent that all of the listed reasons you speak of are commonplace and the Ivory tower doesn't seem to want to address the problem.

Stealing Time: Performing a company required task without compensation or not performing a required task while being compensated. The first half of this statement is okay, the second half of the statement will get you terminated. Seems a little hypocritical ! :hysterical:

That being said, why are linehaul personnel consistently asked to be prepared for their dispatch and yet are waiting an hour to an hour and a half or more for loads with no compensation? Would this be considered stealing their personal time? Yet be over five minutes on your lunch break and BYE BYE :smilie_132:

What's your opinion ?
Very intresting and valid point driver.
I record all of my standing around time amongst other things and i can tell you when i told my Accountant about the idle time she put the numbers together and it was staggering. We have lost 2-3 L/H drivers for this reason alone. During a communication meeting me and several other guys asked the TM why this is? he stated: "It's simple just call the FOS and ask where your going and adjust your time accordingly"
Call and ask FOS and he States: "You gotta run just bring your A** in" (great attitude)
Then you tell the TM that your getting nowhere when you do as told and his response is "Well maybe the FOS was not aware of me telling you guys to call beforehand". can we say COMMUNICATION.
No company should allow standing around period because it creates an atmosphere of the following attitudes of drivers.

1. Why should i work hard i don't get paid for all my time.

2. I stand around on my time now i'am gonna get my time back and stand around on there time.

3. Why kill myself they steal from me.

Etc. etc.

Neither is a win win situation for guys who just wanna do the work and go home and try to hold no grudges and the ones who hold them and hold back everyone else.

formula

I quoted EXACTLY what my driver told me, what is done at HIS terminal. So it's true for HIM. Sounds like another case of the elusive "policy" being translated differently according to each terminal? You're right about it "being paid in your mileage" but when asked what the formula is to figure in the extra pretrip time no one could come up with it. Another 'Phantom' in the system that saves CW a dime here and a dime there.

nothing "PHANTOM" about the "FORMULA" if it takes him 3 extra minutes he shows 3 extra minutes. if it takes 5 extra minutes he shows 5 extra minutes. nothing "ELUSIVE" about that. just a brief discription why he needed extra time.

The Ivory Tower will address the problem, as soon as it has an effect on one of our basic principles: on-time service. As soon as it reaches the point where our service (which is what we sell out there) begins to suffer on a broad scale, not in just a few service centers, the hammer will fall swiftly and with alot of force. If the problem is isolated to a few service centers, then they simply contact the SCM to fix the problem. SCM fixes the problem or they put someone in who will. It can be a lengthy rpocess at times, but it will happen. Things continue to happen evolutionary.