XPO | Still learning the business

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
Still learning the business? So back 4 1/2 years or so ago when Xpo bought this company. I remember those saying that XPO was still learning the business years after they bought it do you still feel that way? Foreign half years later do you see any improvements in customer service? In the linehaul operation? Employee satisfaction? What has improved?
We hear of big tech investments. OK, where are they and how have they affected the operation?

Last edited:
Still learning the business? So back 4 1/2 years or so ago when Xpo bought this company. I remember those saying that XPO was still learning the business years after they bought it do you still feel that way? Foreign half years later do you see any improvements in customer service? In the linehaul operation? Employee satisfaction? What has improved?
We hear of big tech investments. OK, where are they and how have they affected the operation?

The tech has mostly applied to the 3PL. LTL has seen some improvement on pricing and lane coordination. They rolled out production tools to supposedly improve peddle routes and pick ups. But mostly, it’s been in 3PL automation.

The tech has mostly applied to the 3PL. LTL has seen some improvement on pricing and lane coordination. They rolled out production tools to supposedly improve peddle routes and pick ups. But mostly, it’s been in 3PL automation.
So very little improvement from tech in LTL ? Of The improvements that were made to Ltl that you mentioned can you explain them further and how you see there effect?

Last edited:
The only improvement I've seen is 1 additional PTO day.

Brad Jacob's dosen't have to learn anything, he's built several business's before XPO. He had a plan when he created this company and he's executing his plan flawlessly!!!!

Welllll. Plan B maybe.......If Bezos is ever assassinated, I know who’d be on top of my suspect list....
He certainly pissed on his parade. Stealing that Amazon executive (Kenny) was a baaaaad business move.

Last edited:
IMO I think Kenny was “sent” in. Eventually Bezos wanted that package (XPO) for less than the stock price at the time.
Hopefully Plan B will work out for you guys.
Oh, don’t worry Plan B will probably work out for one person I don’t know about us though

Lets see.... Some tech did improve us. Like the LH app my pay has never been screwed up since we been using it. Though I will have to say that in the LTL world the tech has been the same just the equipment got better. I used bar code scanner back in the late 90s in the LTL world at AF.
As for improvements.....We get are 401k match every week instead of every quarter like conway did. We have a ROTH plan. I get paid sooner...We are not going broke and can reinvest. Con-way was OR at a 94 or 95 at that you are just paying the bills.
Now a days it all about price. Who can get it there cheaper. Then service. Right now the system is so overloaded that place have cut off pickups from time to time and the freight is still waiting there when we get there.

Lets see.... Some tech did improve us. Like the LH app my pay has never been screwed up since we been using it. Though I will have to say that in the LTL world the tech has been the same just the equipment got better. I used bar code scanner back in the late 90s in the LTL world at AF.
As for improvements.....We get are 401k match every week instead of every quarter like conway did. We have a ROTH plan. I get paid sooner...We are not going broke and can reinvest. Con-way was OR at a 94 or 95 at that you are just paying the bills.
Now a days it all about price. Who can get it there cheaper. Then service. Right now the system is so overloaded that place have cut off pickups from time to time and the freight is still waiting there when we get there.
You make yourself sound crazy to some on here if you point out there has been a some improvements since XPO took over:bananapartyhat: