ODFL | STOP DRAGGING TRAILERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our pos hostlers will do it all the time also or drop the trailer while still backing listening to that gear grinding on the ground. No one cares, nothing gets done about it that's why our stuff looks worst than a Swift yard.

That cost the company 4 crowns on my teeth a couple of years ago... Yard jockey scraped the gear dropping a box putting pressure on the legs, when I went to crank them up, whammo, right in the kisser...

Reactions: Ump
That cost the company 4 crowns on my teeth a couple of years ago... Yard jockey scraped the gear dropping a box putting pressure on the legs, when I went to crank them up, whammo, right in the kisser...

That's why you never one hand spin the crank.

I'm afraid if I actually would have had both hands on it my neck would have been centered directly over that handle and it probably would have crushed my windpipe...

Ain't ever seen a crank take off like that. Turn that Bluetooth off next time. Talking to ump can wait.

I'm afraid if I actually would have had both hands on it my neck would have been centered directly over that handle and it probably would have crushed my windpipe...
I actually broke the landing gear on a '53 that had a 44,000lbs of freight on because the hostler had both high dropped and put pressure on the legs. Had it in low, cranking away when suddenly it felt like something gave out and it got a lot easier.

Turned out a pin holding the crossbar sheared off. Only one leg would crank. Trailer was almost brand new too. Day & Ross was pissed, and I'm pretty sure that hostler got canned.

Just so you know I heard it directly from the regional VP that was in town for our big sales get together that HE reads the boards. It should be all fixed soon LOL just keep talking about it and maybe we will all get to see that memo

Just so you know I heard it directly from the regional VP that was in town for our big sales get together that HE reads the boards. It should be all fixed soon LOL just keep talking about it and maybe we will all get to see that memo

It'll be a Conway or FedEx style memo telling us to quit talking on here or lose our jobs!

out in HAR 5-6 days a week.. why do the line haul drivers insist pulling their back trailers 10-18' out of a parking spot ??? please don't tell me,they need to make sure it's hooked.... the city drivers don't drag the 40-53 footers half way out off the dock... maybe,they know when the trailer is hooked ?? hummmmm....

Maybe they are too fat to get between the trailers!?

Turned out a pin holding the crossbar sheared off. Only one leg would crank. Trailer was almost brand new too. Day & Ross was pissed said:
I'm pretty sure that hostler got canned.[/U]

God what kind of Gustopo Outfit do you guys work for?[/QUOTE]

God what kind of Gustopo Outfit do you guys work for?
[/QUOTE]

Day & Ross is the kind of place that hires mostly guys that can't drive from India, get rid of one and another is just getting his license printed from the Canada CDL Vending machine to take his place.

God what kind of Gustopo Outfit do you guys work for?
The hostlers don't even have to have CDL's or any driving experience with a tractor-trailer. Too many of them drive like lunatics as it is. Most of the time if someone almost gets hit in the yard, it's by a hostler. Too big a hurry. D&R fired a few over accidents (I assume, since they are no longer driving the trucks) and they've started slowing down.

The number of trailers they've had to replace bent landing gear on here is incredible. The drivers treat the equipment like crap too, usually. I'm only here because I'm paid well for my time and don't deal with other drivers or management frequently.

Had to be a HE, this company doesn't allow anyone other than white males in those roles.

That's a bold accusation. Do you have any proof that a woman or a person of another race was deliberately passed over for this position or a similar one? Do you know someone who would be appropriately qualified? Or are you just spouting off?
I know the company was investigated some years ago for lack of diversity among senior leadership. People at Corp were interviewed but nobody would dare say anything because they would lose their job. You expect me to believe that no qualified women or African American or Hispanic people have applied for those jobs? C'mon man! Dee Dee would have been a good replacement for Ken Ludwig instead of bringing someone from outside, why not promote from within

I know the company was investigated some years ago for lack of diversity among senior leadership. People at Corp were interviewed but nobody would dare say anything because they would lose their job. You expect me to believe that no qualified women or African American or Hispanic people have applied for those jobs? C'mon man! Dee Dee would have been a good replacement for Ken Ludwig instead of bringing someone from outside, why not promote from within
I have no doubt that several people have applied for those jobs. But should diversity be put before qualification? I would rather have someone who knows what they're doing. I don't care what race they are or what gender they are as long as they have the top qualifications for the position.

We've become so absorbed with ethnic and sexual diversity today that people who worked their backside off to earn their qualifications are being passed over just because they're a white male. That's STILL ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ/SEXIST. Nobody should be hired or turned away because of ethnicity or gender, period. What SHOULD matter is how qualified they are.

Diversity is good, but it should NEVER come at the cost of hiring someone simply because their ethnicity or gender makes a more diversified workforce. That's no better than excluding those people for the same reasons.

I have no doubt that several people have applied for those jobs. But should diversity be put before qualification? I would rather have someone who knows what they're doing. I don't care what race they are or what gender they are as long as they have the top qualifications for the position.

We've become so absorbed with ethnic and sexual diversity today that people who worked their backside off to earn their qualifications are being passed over just because they're a white male. That's STILL ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ/SEXIST. Nobody should be hired or turned away because of ethnicity or gender, period. What SHOULD matter is how qualified they are.

Diversity is good, but it should NEVER come at the cost of hiring someone simply because their ethnicity or gender makes a more diversified workforce. That's no better than excluding those people for the same reasons.
Nor should the best applicant be passed over because they are not white or not a male. Goes both ways friend; and my theory is easier to argue when everyone above director is a white male.

Status
Not open for further replies.