R&L | Stops per HR

2nd shift

TB Lurker
Credits
I can see it they are trying to find the bum's with the stops per hr sheet.But does anyone take into account the distance between stops or the tie ups the we have at stops or what about when you get sent from one end of the state to the other.How am I going to have good #'s when no matter what I do I am in the red.-Can't they go on that GPS and see what we are doing and see if the write ups are the way to go and if so then go ahead and nock your self out.I needed to vent on this pointless crap.:chairshot::chairshot:

If your doing your job the best you can don't wreck, don't get hurt, be efficient thats all you can do

I hear what your saying driver but when you come in the next morning and you have to sign the stops per hr sheet you did what you are to do calling in when you are held up like we have to and still have to deal with this.

The times on your DLs and scan times should cover you should they confront you about it.Id say look at the times,thats the reason we do all that scanning.

i havent seen any of these in bir yet. how many are they wanting per hour? when i was on a peddele rt was told 3 or 4 per hour.but that was 5 years ago.have been thinking about going back in city but sounds like to much bs

1.25 stops per hour is the accepptable limit. from punch in time to punch out time. Doesn't take in account the 20 minute pre-trip we now have to do or if you have an hour ride back to terminal after your done.Another bright idea from our college educated suit wearing fags trying to save company money so they can justify their worthless jobs and seem like they are doing something good for the company. Why don't they get a CDL and hire on as a lease driver for 16 dollars an hour to save the company money!!!!!!!!!

How can you put limit like that (1.25) blanket statement. If you peddle the city and do 18 stops and 15 pickups and 67 miles or if you do a long peddle with 10 stops and 330 miles?

Is this figure 1.25 written somewhere?

How can you put limit like that (1.25) blanket statement. If you peddle the city and do 18 stops and 15 pickups and 67 miles or if you do a long peddle with 10 stops and 330 miles?

Is this figure 1.25 written somewhere?

I think that's just a PHI rule. That's news to me.

It won't work for my run, not with the first delivery being 30 min away, and the last one being 2 1/2 hours away, with an average of about 20 miles in between them.

I like that 3 or 4 from that BIR driver. That's a good one. Maybe if they're all in the same zipcode, but impossible when they're spread across 3 or counties.

2nd shift, what do they do with that sheet? post it? save it for your next review? If your T/M is using it to compare drivers I'd question him why?

In all reality the entire story needs to be known. We all know you can not judge peddle times without the whole picture. Delays at customers, does a driver take to many breaks, loading issues, ect....

I think that's just a PHI rule. That's news to me.

It won't work for my run, not with the first delivery being 30 min away, and the last one being 2 1/2 hours away, with an average of about 20 miles in between them.

I like that 3 or 4 from that BIR driver. That's a good one. Maybe if they're all in the same zipcode, but impossible when they're spread across 3 or counties.

this may have been our t/ms idea.because it was for all city drivers.my p/d route started about 50 miles away last stop was about 100 miles away.i never made 3 or 4 per hour.

Who cares about the stops per hour sheet!? You come in, do what you can do and go the hell home. Don't let these people stress you about the dumb sh*t!! :eck13::eck13:

Who cares about the stops per hour sheet!? You come in, do what you can do and go the hell home. Don't let these people stress you about the dumb sh*t!! :eck13::eck13:

Exactly!!!! Make you deliveries, your pick-ups, and don't worry about it...There are way to many variables for a stops per hour sheet to make any sense..Some drivers will be able to get 5 stops off in an hour, based on the stops being close...Some drivers will not even be able to average 1 stop off per hour, if the stops are 50 miles away thru the mountains..

All of this is not even mentioning the fact that at some places you get held, waiting for a door, slow loaders etc...What are you supposed to do, jump in front of somebody in line to get a door ?? Tell the customer to hurry up??

Just do your job, and don't worry about irrelevant BS.....:1036316054:

This is just another dumb idea that some educated idoiot came up with to try to make us speed up and risk getting a speeding ticket or get into a wreck so that they can say that we should not have been going so fast and take your safety bonus :chairshot:

:TR10driving03:Exactly Braceface, if my best isn't good enough, screw them, I am really not concerned, we are not fuc*ing robots. I don't understand when guys let the politics of the company get them bent out of shape. You get guys running around like the president just announced we are about to have a nuclear war in a panic!! :TR10driving03:

:TR10driving03:Exactly Braceface, if my best isn't good enough, screw them, I am really not concerned, we are not fuc*ing robots. I don't understand when guys let the politics of the company get them bent out of shape. You get guys running around like the president just announced we are about to have a nuclear war in a panic!! :TR10driving03:

All I know is that I take a full truck out, empty it out...Fill the truck up again with pick-ups, and do it in 9 to 11 hours..They are making money, I am not wasting time, there is no time to waste...

I am not going to speed doing my job, not gonna do it...I have not seen this stops per hour sheet, it is news to me...My dispatcher basically lets me do my job without hasseling me...If you have a regular run, and know your customers, this is the way it should be...

Guys, just do your job and don't worry, and don't let em stress you out..If you try to rush, its gonna take gonna take you longer to get the job done, and nothing will go right...Been there, done that...

This is just another dumb idea that some educated idoiot came up with to try to make us speed up and risk getting a speeding ticket or get into a wreck so that they can say that we should not have been going so fast and take your safety bonus :chairshot:

It is a dumb idea, I'll give you that... Damn, if they want to know where we are and fast we are getting the job done, look on their computer screen...They are tracking us with satelites....With these satelites, they can see how fast you are going, so don't speed, and whatever you do, don't have an accident while speeding...

Your right!!!!! If they think they will get more work out of a driver they are wrong... We move more freight per driver than most other companies..... Our city guys can go out with 18 drops plus p/u's, extended route guys can go out with 12 drops plus p/u's and run 350+ miles!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much more do they want us to do???? This could be a way to get rid of the slackers:1036316054:......

Your right!!!!! If they think they will get more work out of a driver they are wrong... We move more freight per driver than most other companies..... Our city guys can go out with 18 drops plus p/u's, extended route guys can go out with 12 drops plus p/u's and run 350+ miles!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much more do they want us to do???? This could be a way to get rid of the slackers:1036316054:......

To me what I have been seeing happen the past few weeks it is making my head think about what are they trying to do is that they want to get rid of the slackers or the guys who make that money.I hate to think this way.I hope all of this stuff they are doing will work out in the end.You don't see the 16.20 drivers doing what we do.I don't know maybe I am just talking out my a!@.