Estes | Straight Truck Drivers

Saw one at 028 that still had Estes decals on all 4 sides of the box but door decals were changed to E Street. You're probably right Mildew.

just wondering about a friend of mine he or she has been driving a straight truck for about 3 yrs without haz-mat.... new and improved TM says to get it or else suspension......so he did. now hes was told to get class A cuz the straight truck jobs will be ending...... we thinks they r out to get ....hopefully thats not the case here........................kinda nerve racking..........i will have to find out more about E street

Welcome to the boards Sarge...It might have something to do with this E STREET stuff that they are doing...Haven't really got the particulars on it, but I heard that it would be run by contractors,owning their own straight trucks..But I consider that a rumor until I found out something definate...

A pup and a single axle with a good turning radius is actually easier to maneuver in confined spaces.Im surprised more LTL owners are not looking at that.I thought the days of non hazmat and non Class A LTL drivers were too,though.

A pup and a single axle with a good turning radius is actually easier to maneuver in confined spaces.Im surprised more LTL owners are not looking at that.I thought the days of non hazmat and non Class A LTL drivers were too,though.

In some cities down here a9, in residential areas the lines crossing the road are not 14',they are still 13'...A straight truck is only 12'6"...We have to have them to go in certain places...

just wondering about a friend of mine he or she has been driving a straight truck for about 3 yrs without haz-mat.... new and improved TM says to get it or else suspension......so he did. now hes was told to get class A cuz the straight truck jobs will be ending...... we thinks they r out to get ....hopefully thats not the case here........................kinda nerve racking..........i will have to find out more about E street

We had 2 straight trucks at our terminal. One was replaced by E-street last year, and the other a couple of months ago. Both drivers were sent to our driving school to get their class A's before they were done away with.

yeah we have both Estreet and company straight trucks too.... havent heard any rumors about the city guys losing their straight trucks, but everything around here is always such a big secret anyway..... but i know the Estreet guy leases the straight truck from Estes specialized...Estreet pays for all fuel, repairs, and they get paid per stop. they are supposed to handle the new white glove service....one of them told me that they actually go into the customers house, remove old furniture and set up the new stuff !!!!!

I see claims getting worse with this estreet deal. wonder if it will last.

How do you figure? Where do claims start? 1. pickup driver...2. outbound dockworker..3.Inbound dockworker...4. City Driver...It starts on our docks...Educate and train your people and your claims will decrease...Have we ever tried that?

I doubt this is a p&d issue, if your worth a damn ya walk around the freight looking for issues and then note it on the bill and bring it to the shippers attention it's rare to see a driver loading his freight and if he must it is with a pallet jack or maybe an electric jack, 99% won't let you use the fork lift due to insurance reasons so unless these drivers are hopping 2' curbs an flipping skids over p&d ain't the problem

I doubt this is a p&d issue, if your worth a damn ya walk around the freight looking for issues and then note it on the bill and bring it to the shippers attention it's rare to see a driver loading his freight and if he must it is with a pallet jack or maybe an electric jack, 99% won't let you use the fork lift due to insurance reasons so unless these drivers are hopping 2' curbs an flipping skids over p&d ain't the problem

Not saying this is a P&D issue..It's an "everyone" issue...Everywhere that bill goes, so goes the responsibility...

How do you figure? Where do claims start? 1. pickup driver...2. outbound dockworker..3.Inbound dockworker...4. City Driver...It starts on our docks...Educate and train your people and your claims will decrease...Have we ever tried that?

Agree with you 100%. At our terminal they hire them,put them with someone who was never trained either, and in a couple of days they're on their own. We try to hire part timers to keep cost down and bonus up. When people don't have a vested interest in the company they don't give a ****, its a revolving door.

They are fix'n to put a truck driving school around our neck of the woods to train some of these hand picked dock workers

:nut_kick:QUIT YOUR DAMN CRYING BOY & get back to work before your uncle BOB catches you dinking around & fires you. { YOU FAT BALDHEADED PEICE OF **** } You better get your ass to the store & get both of my BOTTLES BOY. LOL

dear....Hunterman.............deer deer deer o ya and deer--> hunterman you should change ur screen name to turtle-hunterman because thats more like ur speed..... besides that you would have a 50/50 shot of catching 1 or hell maybe even 2 in a season with ur hunting skillz..LOL- LOL- LOL- ...im just saying that looking at pictures of deer doesnt make u a DEERhunter----Man ............................ eagles taking dem cow-Boys down 2 timEs ....SEe Des bOOts BoY!!!!!!