Yellow | survey crews

I thought this thread was BS until pulling into Indy Holland term this morning and a survey crew was out in the parking lot. :hide:

Just remember, if you see anything happen that is a tiny bit out of the ordinary, it also happened at CF and is a sure sign the world is coming to an end. CF was absolutely, positively the finest trucking company that ever existed and always treated it's employees like they were royalty.

You Think! :duh:

Well, hell yeah!
People are making way too much of this, then what it really is.

When you go to take out an equity loan, the bank sends someone over to assess your property to secure the loan, right?

What do you think YRCW is using to secure the $950 M credit line with?.........KK

"Inquiring minds want to know"

Well, hell yeah!

When you go to take out an equity loan, the bank sends someone over to assess your property to secure the loan, right?

What do you think YRCW is using to secure the $950 M credit line with?.........KK
Kennesaw Kid, why do you keep injecting logic and reason into all the doom and gloom rumors?:biglaugh:

Well, hell yeah!

Funny you should say that!
Surveys at NRM, and the buzz word was Title Insurance

Kennesaw Kid, why do you keep injecting logic and reason into all the doom and gloom rumors?:biglaugh:

Maybe it's part of his personality. Maybe he likes to dabble in futility. You know, some people feel like they have to save all the lost souls. Maybe he thinks he can change just one person's attitude. You gotta respect that.:notworthy:

Ok who on here has dircect access to Mr. Zollars? If ANY of you gentlemen do please ask him so as we will all know what the REAL answer is and not just what everyone THINKS it is. Cuz untill then WHO is right? :hide:

Just remember, if you see anything happen that is a tiny bit out of the ordinary, it also happened at CF and is a sure sign the world is coming to an end. CF was absolutely, positively the finest trucking company that ever existed and always treated it's employees like they were royalty.

They did not always treat their employees good, but they were the kings of trucking. They owned fruehoff and freightliner, a small oil company, emery, menlo logistics, and fully funded the now major trucking company named conway. Since I put it that way they don't sound like a failure do they?

They did not always treat their employees good, but they were the kings of trucking. They owned fruehoff and freightliner, a small oil company, emery, menlo logistics, and fully funded the now major trucking company named conway. Since I put it that way they don't sound like a failure do they?

I'm not going to argue with you, I have always respected you. And CF was the biggest once, you are right. And that corporation's management ***** CF while it built Conway. But in the end, they were a failure. When they went head-to-head with Yellow, Roadway and ABF, they failed, the others survived. It wasn't their driver's fault, it was their management's fault. I just get extremely annoyed every time Yellow is compared to CF. They are totally different situations.

I used to run into my friends from CF every day. They would have full trailers from pick-ups while mine was half empty. They would tease me and be all full of themselves. I would let it go, because they never once looked at their companies' financial reports. I was a worry-wart and kept up on all this stuff, because I was watching the non-unions keep growing while we continued to shrink. I didn't want to see CF go under, but I knew they were going to. It was just a matter of time. They were hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate for about three years. I couldn't figure out how they kept going. As bad as some people on this thread say Yellow is, they have never had a stretch like that. Like I told one of their drivers once after he pissed me off, CF is in the business of hauling freight, Yellow is in the business of making money.

Back in the day when I got laid off at my local company and went looking for work, Yellow wasn't my first choice. I used to interline with all the carriers before deregulation, and the one place I hated to go was to Yellow. Those guys always had a chip on their shoulder that you never saw anywhere else, including at CF. But I was willing to go wherever I could get a paycheck and Yellow had just expanded into the area north of Denver where I lived. CF didn't come for a few more years and Roadway and ABF weren't even in town yet. I didn't know it then, but it was a stroke of luck. I wound up with the company I didn't want, and they managed to survive when all the others fell. I eventually had to transfer to Denver and get to work with the same arrogant attitude I didn't like all those years before. Me and a lot of guys from CF and NW who all felt the same way. So I don't have some big love affair with Yellow, I'm just glad I was fortunate enough to accidentally wind up there. During my career they've always been a snobby but successful company. People on here don't like the way they do business because they don't have much regard or compassion for people. My answer to that is neither do UPS, IBM, Exxon-Mobile, Citigroup, Prudential, etc., etc., etc. Such is life in corporate America, get used to it because you ain't gonna change it.

twenty years ago

Twenty some years ago, C.F. started this little regional company called conway, because it could not compete in the regional lanes with union rules.

When Conway East bought PennYan They asked the union during contract time for exactly what our Union is asking from us: Utility drivers, Preferred carriers, and casual dockman. The IBT said NO, that will never happen, teamsters are to proud to be forced to cross classifications and to have non union carriers to pull our freight.

I wonder what would have happened if the Teamsters had said yes?

There would be no Fed-Ex Freight, other non-union carriers would not have profitted as much as they have from this critical error by the IBT. Conway would still be a subsidarairy of C.F. and with the profits of the conway model. Other union company's would follow suit and the union would have been stronger than it is now.

The only reason we are being forced to do this is because of our out of touch top leaders, who are far left wing have only one thing that they want to protect at all cost.............THEIR JOB THEIR MULTIPLE PENSIONS, THEIR CONTROL OVER OUR HEALTH CARE AND THEIR ABUSE, A PILLFRAGE OF OUR PENSIONS.

Twenty some years ago, C.F. started this little regional company called conway, because it could not compete in the regional lanes with union rules.

When Conway East bought PennYan They asked the union during contract time for exactly what our Union is asking from us: Utility drivers, Preferred carriers, and casual dockman. The IBT said NO, that will never happen, teamsters are to proud to be forced to cross classifications and to have non union carriers to pull our freight.

There would be no Fed-Ex Freight, other non-union carriers would not have profitted as much as they have from this critical error by the IBT. Conway would still be a subsidarairy of C.F. and with the profits of the conway model. Other union company's would follow suit and the union would have been stronger than it is now.

The only reason we are being forced to do this is because of our out of touch top leaders, who are far left wing have only one thing that they want to protect at all cost.............THEIR JOB THEIR MULTIPLE PENSIONS, THEIR CONTROL OVER OUR HEALTH CARE AND THEIR ABUSE, A PILLFRAGE OF OUR PENSIONS.
Guess your intitled to your opinion like everone else. I don't agree with your way of thinking tho. Might as well go non and save the $53 a month. The more we give up the more that is wanted. Take your model and drop our wages to 38 cpm or $16 per hour and we could all have jobs. I don't see where it would be worth the aggravation of keeping a CDL and Haz-Mat, 12-14 hour days, away from home, and treated like dog poo myself. I really, really think I'm worth more than that and will add to the truck driver shortage before it gets to where you seem to want it.

Now back to the original thread, do we yet have an OFFICIAL reason for the survey crews?

I couldn't disagree with you more, if you think the non-union companies are growing because of a few work rules you are so off base it's not even comprehensible. There is no magic bullet here. The non-union companies would always find a way to undercut us, no matter what we give, if its not work rules its wages, if its not wages its benefits.

The fatal mistake of union employees and the INTL in freight is/was our attitude towards non union employees and our unwillingness to organize fervently and our "if their not union fthem attitude". How possibly could a company prevent employees from wanting everything we have? Tell them your little story, maybe, keep wages and benefits so close that the employees wouldn't want to bother trying to unionize. Fight unionization with a passion, it has become an art form these days.

So you see, everything we give is just a wash, maybe a short term avoidance of the inevitable until we turn the corner and get serious about bringing new members into the fold (like UPS Freight :clap:). We cannot give up on work rule protections, we should not have to watch people in this industry become lower class citizens, we need to work together union or not and we need to convince our non-union counterparts that unionizing at their companies would bring us all up. To me at the end of the day, it's not about the companies at all it's about quality of life, and work rules are a big part of that for a truck driver.

I think it really comes down to our own lethargic attitudes, look around at a union meeting, we are not bringing new people in, we are no appealing to a new generation of members, we are and have been too comfortable in doing so we have aided in perpetuating our own failure. So blame yourself first, then look at the INTL. they bare a great deal of the responsibility as well.

misunderstood

I quess you didn't get my tongue in cheek statements regarding the Union.

It is clear that everything the companies wanted 20 years ago, are exactly what they are getting today.

That statement does not make me non-union, but it does make me a realist.

Now baack to the poll we have no control over.

Read post #25
Maybe I'm being dense Larry but every sentence KK has in that post ends in a ? mark. I took that to mean "this is my idea" not fact. KK probably hit it on the head and I just want to make rocket science out of it. I spend so much time reading between the line I can't help myself. When KK gets back and a little free time maybe he'll clear it up for me.:1036316054:

PS then you ECI's have to go and ridicule us

Maybe I'm being dense Larry but every sentence KK has in that post ends in a ? mark. I took that to mean "this is my idea" not fact. KK probably hit it on the head and I just want to make rocket science out of it. I spend so much time reading between the line I can't help myself. When KK gets back and a little free time maybe he'll clear it up for me.:1036316054:

PS then you ECI's have to go and ridicule us

I think the tenor of his post is pretty clear, but then I'm not much for reading between lines. And that is our, the ECI's, job, you know. We take it very seriously.:joke: