Reddaway | Surveys for the real Reddaway contract are out!!!!!

Fthemwithasmile

TB Lurker
Credits
What is the consensus of what is wanted and needed in the upcoming Reddaway negotiations? Wouldn't a 3 year deal be high on the list? That would put the NW agreement very close to the end of the Master agreement and the Reddaway California agreement. Pension, wages and H&W will be high on that list as well but what kind of language changes will need to be made?

Convince the Spokane drivers to come out of the stone age and sign cards to come on board with you guys!

We have been working on them for the last 20 years trying to get them to join. They get real close and the company comes in with some crumbs to keep them away.

Convince the Spokane drivers to come out of the stone age and sign cards to come on board with you guys!

We have been working on them for the last 20 years trying to get them to join. They get real close and the company comes in with some crumbs to keep them away.

You know what F-um !! lets stop them from running over the top of us and then let the chips fall where they may. So tired of those guys i dont care anymore. Send them east and into Tacoma or keep them HOME !!!

There have been some improvements since HoliCHOKE left. Aren't the Seattle Line drivers now going into Spokane? I'm not quite sure that the NMFA agreement is what is wanted. The wages and pension would be nice but the PEER 80 I wouldn't want and some of the funky work rules suck also. How about the 100 hours qualifier for H&W. Not wanted either. I could go on and on but I think we need to bargain our own deal and hit em hard. They can afford it, that is for sure. It also looks like a lot of people are wanting a 3 year deal.

Yes we have a good contract even though it's not nmfa BUT the 80 and out pension i'm allover and the 100 hours a month im allready doing and why not jump on yrc's standards and go master freight ? the rest of the company is run like yellow ! Call centers, crappy freight,crappy equipment,loaded like crap, hauled into us late, i wonder what the nonunion terminals would do if we went nmfa ? they would come running! AND with Salem and Eugene sharing there terminals with Yellow what would happen if we strike? Pickets in front of Yellow terminals? I dont think so! they wont start that FIRESTORM !

Great point about the merged terminals. I don't know how the PEER 80 would work for Reddaway folks. Would that change screw it up for the current retiree's? I am not a fan of the PEER 80 because it is just to expensive. Too many members can't even use it so why pay such a high price for something that can't be used. I'm mean the jump from 6.5% (PEER 84) to 16.5% (PEER 80) is a huge chunk of money. The retiree's would have to be taken into consideration also. Would any of them go into dropped status if the medical was changed?

that is a ton of money and im not sure how it all would pencil in i think we need to protect our medical and pension as #1and2 the rest of it who knows ? hard telling what yrc is upto with all the changes lately but im sure they dont want a big fight with jumping on the master freight contract and getting it out of the way early they wont want a glitch from RETL

Just curious why a 3 year contract and why not master freight ? the new contract for the cali guys is five years and so is masterfreight why go 3 years ? and why not more money and pension and all the rest of it ?

A 3 year contract for us would expire on the same date as the Cali contract. This would bring a bigger group together at once for better bargaining purposes.

Health and welfare would be important because of the costs involved, it's just a big deal for companies.

The money is good, so a modest increase would be acceptable.

I still have 15 years to go, so vast improvements to the pension would be more important than money at this point in the game.

And master frieght has a lot of rules that are detrimental to a 1-2 day operation, and would degrade our working conditions.
Example- Most of the master freight drivers are out 6 days a week. We only do 1 night layovers, no a-b-c dispatches.
And don't even get me going on the master freight "dispatch wheel."

contract

A 3 year contract for us would expire on the same date as the Cali contract. This would bring a bigger group together at once for better bargaining purposes.

Health and welfare would be important because of the costs involved, it's just a big deal for companies.

The money is good, so a modest increase would be acceptable.

I still have 15 years to go, so vast improvements to the pension would be more important than money at this point in the game.

And master frieght has a lot of rules that are detrimental to a 1-2 day operation, and would degrade our working conditions.
Example- Most of the master freight drivers are out 6 days a week. We only do 1 night layovers, no a-b-c dispatches.
And don't even get me going on the master freight "dispatch wheel."
hows that pension contribution from the company working out for you?

401k is better:smilie_132:

Lets see 4.25 an hour x 2080 in the year you do the math ! 401 K my #ss if i want to invest MY money then i will but i dont need to take a pay cut to do it! How much did the company contribute to your pension last year ? it sure wasent 8 grand:biglaugh:

Lets see 4.25 an hour x 2080 in the year you do the math ! 401 K my #ss if i want to invest MY money then i will but i dont need to take a pay cut to do it! How much did the company contribute to your pension last year ? it sure wasent 8 grand:biglaugh:
Mine was $8049:smilie_132:

Oh, don't start that again.
By the way, how's your frozen 401k doing this year, they're making a lot of interest off you and your buddies this year.

Nowthat some of you have voted the union in, it's kind of fun watching how u f'd yourselves. Not long ago you were a proud company. Yea I know YFS did you in, I can agree with that. Hovever, if you poor pukes at TNBW had not voted them in, YFS would not have sold out USF. One big company, dovetailed in with USF on the short end of the stick. I would look at DZ and CH. CH would tell you to your face no, but we all not different.

too bad you dont know Sh%$ about this company! WE started out union and will be for quite some time! not to hurt some feelings but Bestway was a DOG ! union or not if you dont make money you wont last in this business. If you dont like the way things are go somewhere else with ALL your qualities im sure someone is looking for a YES man like you !:butt kiss:

reddaway?

too bad you dont know Sh%$ about this company! WE started out union and will be for quite some time! not to hurt some feelings but Bestway was a DOG ! union or not if you dont make money you wont last in this business. If you dont like the way things are go somewhere else with ALL your qualities im sure someone is looking for a YES man like you !:butt kiss:

bestway was never a dog.. it is called BESTWAY.. the only reason why we merged is to save reddaway from going under, without us it would be gone... so we took on the red name who cares,, when you call the pres.. T.J he still answers the phone" bestway can I help you":smilie_132: