Sysco=joke

GT food is easier in my opinion. Don't gotta put the **** away or build displays.

Since PA doesn't allow beer to be sold in Grocery stores(yet), the beer guys don't build displays, but they do alot of steps. Taking the kegs and cases up and down steps. Seems most of the bars and restaurants around here store their beer in the basements.

right, I remember having to bounce down 20 stairs or so and the beer guy dropping it on the dance floor because he had a better contract!

It all "depends"... some of us have to wear diapers.

Last edited by a moderator:
RR you guys have liquor stores tho right? They gotta build displays there plus stock and rotate. They also (atleast I did have to stock and rotate at some bars to.

LTL is no different, I worked for Fedex freight for 7 long wasted years, I dealt with more bull **** there than I ever have at Sysco or any other food company, this job is what you make of it, I like it so I stay, I will never, ever, go back to LTL, I would rather mop floors. In fact, I wouldn't go back to FXF if they paid me double what the other guys make. Thats how much I hated the BS over there.

7 yrs to form my opinion, in the first 2 yrs of LTL, I thought it was grand, then all the grab ass and back stabbin, the mgmt games, they started to get old.

I agree with you on FEDEX. I worked for ground. Management doesn't care for it's people. Same type of people at FXF I'm sure. There are good LTL's, mine doesn't pay the most but I work for a pretty laid back company that makes a decent wage in the LTL game. Foodservice is a pain in my eyes but maybe not yours. If you like it than that's your cup of tea not mine. Money wise it pays good compared to other local and Otr jobs but in my eyes with the physical work and how drivers are treated by customers and their companies it's underpaid. It's funny how a restaurant manager can look down on you when you make 3 x's his wage but they do.

I agree with you on FEDEX. I worked for ground. Management doesn't care for it's people. Same type of people at FXF I'm sure. There are good LTL's, mine doesn't pay the most but I work for a pretty laid back company that makes a decent wage in the LTL game. Foodservice is a pain in my eyes but maybe not yours. If you like it than that's your cup of tea not mine. Money wise it pays good compared to other local and Otr jobs but in my eyes with the physical work and how drivers are treated by customers and their companies it's underpaid. It's funny how a restaurant manager can look down on you when you make 3 x's his wage but they do.
You make some good points, my customers are good for the most part, as far as the wage is concerned, I don't look at myself any more important that the McDonalds cashier that takes my order. People are mean sometimes, there are buttholes and then there are nice people.

For the record, with all the physical work, which I like, I make more than most of my line haul brothers in freight :) I sleep with my wife every night as well.

Its all in what you like, for you, you got it going on, I'm happy for you! Its always a good thing to look forward to the day ahead!

RMD, I wish you all the success in the world, I hope you know that! :)

Life sucked out of you? Then don't let it. CUstomers look down on you? Look at it realistically... you are bringing down over twice what they do in a year.

Sysco Portland... My last paycheck had 69 hours overtime on it, yet I didn't even realize I had worked that much... I was still able to play with my kids and help with homework, spend time with my boyfriend, who also drives for Sysco, spent a lot of time on our off time combining our two households into one, and make fresh cookies almost every night of the week. I bring home a good paycheck thanks to sysco, but don't feel like the life is being sucked out of me... wouldn't go back every day if I did...

Hope it doesn't continue to feel like that for you, jlf...

You make some good points, my customers are good for the most part, as far as the wage is concerned, I don't look at myself any more important that the McDonalds cashier that takes my order. People are mean sometimes, there are buttholes and then there are nice people.

For the record, with all the physical work, which I like, I make more than most of my line haul brothers in freight :) I sleep with my wife every night as well.

Its all in what you like, for you, you got it going on, I'm happy for you! Its always a good thing to look forward to the day ahead!

RMD, I wish you all the success in the world, I hope you know that! :)

Well, it's all how you make of the job. If you like it than you'll have success in it. Oh, I know how much you guys make seen some check stubs from drivers that been here awhile. Their banking have easy money day routes with lift gate and electric pallet jacks. I do miss the 4 day work weeks and mostly off weekends but my prob was the early start times 2-4am 5am senior guy land never would see that. Coulda went nights but they were the HEAVY(old Chicago) big accts. Stayed extraboard got more day runs. The good thing is once you've been in foodservice you can get any other food job wether you quit or get fired. Saw a guy get canned from another big food place for sexual harassment they caught it on camera in the hotel kitchen plus the cameras had mic's, all the food service stayed there and our company and his delivered there. After he got canned seen him as a newhire a week later lol. So I keep this exp in the back pocket just in case freight dies. Never had a prob with you Sysco guys always ran into them and shoot the crap with them. They all had good things to say about the company. Thanks for the wishes and same goes to you and everyone!