FedEx Freight | Take action NOW!!!

Now is the time for...

• CALL IN THE UNION AND START SIGNING CARDS.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • KEEP CALLING HARRISON TELLING THEM THIS IS WRONG.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • IT'S OVER , DONE DEAL , I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH IT.

Votes: 121 56.5%
  • BRING IT TO THE MEDIA'S ATTENTION TELLING HOW UNJUST FED EX IS.

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
I don't see where a union would do anything different than what is being done. When Yellow and Roadway merged, Im pretty sure they did a dovetail just like were doing. The only difference is were not going to lose as many employees as YRC has.

Maybe someone can explain how it would be done differently???

I worked for YRC and you are correct that when Yellow and Roadway merged, there was a dovetail. However, those of us at Yellow felt that since Yellow bought Roadway, the Roadway guys were supposed to endtail the Yellow guys. That was the language in the contract, but Hoffa and his team did what they wanted to do anyway. I wouldn't vote for the union.

I worked for YRC and you are correct that when Yellow and Roadway merged, there was a dovetail. However, those of us at Yellow felt that since Yellow bought Roadway, the Roadway guys were supposed to endtail the Yellow guys. That was the language in the contract, but Hoffa and his team did what they wanted to do anyway. I wouldn't vote for the union.

Thank you for shedding some light on this . It's the best interest of the union and not the worker . Times have changed !!!!!!!

off topic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why all of a sudden this turned into a union/non-union issue!!! Who added the poll? Because that was not part of my thread!! So please, let's go to the original issue!!

You people act like 5 year old girls who lost their favorite dolly. " Oh call Harrison and complain" "Join the union". @exit580- If the you think the union is so great I'll give you my Uncle Mike's phone number. He hasn't worked in 2 years thanks to the union. WE ALL KNEW THAT WHEN FEDEX BOUGHT WATKINS THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. Now you all act so surprised and indignant. I will admit FedEx is doing this all bassackwards. But remember this is not a democracy. IT IS A BENEVOLENT DICTATORSHIP. Even if emplyees, god forbid, joined the union it would takes years to hash it all out and wouldn't have any effect on what is happening now. I've been around this business for 25 years and I can tell you this. It's not over. I would expect another round of tranfers and layoffs sometime in April or May so don't sign any long term leases.

You people act like 5 year old girls who lost their favorite dolly. " Oh call Harrison and complain" "Join the union". @exit580- If the you think the union is so great I'll give you my Uncle Mike's phone number. He hasn't worked in 2 years thanks to the union. WE ALL KNEW THAT WHEN FEDEX BOUGHT WATKINS THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. Now you all act so surprised and indignant. I will admit FedEx is doing this all bassackwards. But remember this is not a democracy. IT IS A BENEVOLENT DICTATORSHIP. Even if emplyees, god forbid, joined the union it would takes years to hash it all out and wouldn't have any effect on what is happening now. I've been around this business for 25 years and I can tell you this. It's not over. I would expect another round of tranfers and layoffs sometime in April or May so don't sign any long term leases.

Definately take heed to lemcabee's words of wisdom here, be aware of what could be down the road,do what ya gotta do.Hope nothing but the best for all of you involved in this and just remember some day you will be able to look back and say i survived.

I hope all union reps are reading this. cuz a union is coming for fedex

Lets see, absolutely nothing changes from what Fedex is doing right now, we take a 3 dollar an hour cut in pay, and pay $50 to $60 a month in union dues, :hyper:wow, sign me up, sign me up:hyper:

I'll be Dammed if I will ever Sign a Card.

I sign cards all the time!! Birthday cards, graduation cards, wedding cards, get well cards, sympathy cards, credit cards!!!!!! And at FXF, I'm always running out of ink, they make me sign more ::shit:: than when I joined the military. (long loooooooong time ago) Hell, for my divorce, bankruptcy, mortgage, I never signed so much ::shit:: in my life. :1sm364jumpbed::LMAO:

I sign cards all the time!! Birthday cards, graduation cards, wedding cards, get well cards, sympathy cards, credit cards!!!!!! And at FXF, I'm always running out of ink, they make me sign more ::shit:: than when I joined the military. (long loooooooong time ago) Hell, for my divorce, bankruptcy, mortgage, I never signed so much ::shit:: in my life. :1sm364jumpbed::LMAO:
No kidding!! those switch outs with 30 plus bills are a killer!!

The last company I worked for prior to Viking was System 99. We were under the master freight aggreement. I was there for 13 years. When they went out of business I was called on Sunday and told not to come to work on Monday. Lost all my vacation that was due and even my last paycheck was held up by the union because creditors are first in line. So you tell me what the hell good is the union. Unions don't make companys, they just distroy them.

I hope all union reps are reading this. cuz a union is coming for fedex
Is this a JOKE thread? There is no leprechaun with a pot of gold waiting for you at the end of the union rainbow. You would do better to pay attention to some of the men who have actually been in the union, and really got screwed. Fedex will never go union. They will sell it all to some manipulator like Warren Buffett. He has been sold a bill of goods about this railroad crap.

Contact your congress person and tell them you want them to go forward on this issue. We also need to have FedEx taken from the Railroad Act and put under the NLRB. Let your congress people know we need some protection from the corporation.

And that affects feight how ?? The NLRB vs RWLB only applies to Fedex Express..

The last company I worked for prior to Viking was System 99. We were under the master freight aggreement. I was there for 13 years. When they went out of business I was called on Sunday and told not to come to work on Monday. Lost all my vacation that was due and even my last paycheck was held up by the union because creditors are first in line. So you tell me what the hell good is the union. Unions don't make companys, they just distroy them.

I worked for Coles Freght for three years Remember them, you should they became part of the almighty Viking then they shut us down as soon as we started to make money lost personal days and a weeks vacation VP from Viking told me that our lost time was not their problem..still got the Viking truck.. wanna buy one??
Oh and by the way .. Your pension credits are still good.. Most likely will still get some type of pension when you turn 65..

I worked for Coles Freght for three years Remember them, you should they became part of the almighty Viking then they shut us down as soon as we started to make money lost personal days and a weeks vacation VP from Viking told me that our lost time was not their problem..still got the Viking truck.. wanna buy one??
Oh and by the way .. Your pension credits are still good.. Most likely will still get some type of pension when you turn 65..

Viking did not shut Coles down, Dan Sullivan shut them down.. Viking did not want the single nationwide carrier thing, It was all Danny boys idea.. Yes, it is the same Dan Sullivan that spun off Roadway and started them off to where they are today.. The same Dan Sullivan that sold Viking to Fedex and then retired with who knows how many millions in stock and retirement..

We knew that Viking never wanted to go national from the beginning and to let you know we heard rumors about Fed_ex about three months prior to the shutdown..never put things into context until three years later I got a check from Fed_ex for the 401 money that they,Viking took when they closed the doors on us 401 match went out the door before the end of the day..